PDA

View Full Version : Booking Time Off

tomorrowschild
12-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Is anyone else out there in the same situation as our family. My husband has to wait until Jan. to book his holidays. We want to go in March or during the summer (Im a teacher and those are the only times I can go). I am so scared that my DH won't be able to get this time off (he is fairly new to his job and at the bottom of the list for booking). Please cross your fingers for us that he will be able to get one of those times off. :mickey:

offwego
12-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I'll cross my fingers...one tip if someone else does book some of the times your husband is thinking of it's sometimes worth approaching the co-worker to see if they just might consider switching their times. While I have "senority" over many I don't know what they want since I get it first..but might just be booking it out of habit or who knows not because I have firm plans. I'm not offended by those who ask as long as they understand if I do have plans (even as simple as I promised DS I'd take him to grandma's that week sorry) I may not be willing to change it since that is one of the perks of almost 20 years in.

vizsla
12-15-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't have any problems with booking my vacation time, but DW has a problem and we have to work around her time. The people that she works are for the most part flexible with their time for that part of the year we like to vacation since they don't like taking their children out of school for a vacation.