PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Greetings Live from the Wilderness Lodge Day 5

wdw_bound
12-14-2007, 08:40 AM
For the first time this morning, I see someone else across the courtyard enjoying their balcony. Not just coming out to the railing for a minute or two, but sitting here like me and just soaking up every ounce of WL beauty. Yesterday, I watched a rabbit hop through the ferns and into a bush by the creek. Other days, it has been ducks paddling by in the stream. This morning, I can hear the birds calling to one another, the rabbit is having breakfast, nibbling on the fern, and the ducks are practicing their landings on silver springs creek. It's foggy this morning, and the temperature is cooler than it has been, although it is still very comfortable. The tranquility of this place is just the right counterbalance to the energy in the parks.

We made good use of that tranquility yesterday and recharged our batteries. In the morning, we drove over to MGM and had many firsts. We pin-traded and photopassed our way up the boulevard to the hat just in time to get front row spots on the green carpet for HS Musical 2 - DD9 went nuts when the gang came out, and DS2.9 pulled out his air-guitar and worked it out, although he let big sister go into the group dance without him.

While we've not had a touring plan really at the other parks, DH and I put one together here while we waited for HSM2 to start. Using the times guide we grabbed on our way in, we decided that after the show, we needed to divide and conquer, at least for a little while. He took DS to Playhouse Disney (don't tell anyone, but I think he was using DS as a reason to go - DH is a HUGE Bear fan :secret:) Meanwhile, little miss daredevil and I had a date with some guys in a band...

Neither one of us has experienced RNR before, and I can only say, wow, that is some limo ride! I think it may be our new favorite - all DD would say for several minutes afterwards was "That was awesome!" Our photo was brilliant as we were sitting in the front of our section and our hair was flying backwards, so of course we took advantage of the photo/frame special at the end of the ride :blush: I gave it to DD as a keepsake and told her that in a couple of years when she thinks I am the least cool member of the human race, she can look at that photo and remember that I do too know how to be cool.:cool:

After the ride, we made our way back over to Animation Courtyard to wait for DS and DH, who by that time had gotten in line to see Leo and Quincy. DS has rocket envy, so this was the perfect meet and greet for a little guy who wants to be the fifth Einstein!

We decided to head over to the streets of America for the Cars meet and greet before lunch. As we got there, Mulch, Sweat and Shears was playing on the corner - a very neat act - the music is good, and the humor is well done, too. We found the Cars line, and the end of it turned out to be right behind the MSS truck, so DD and I waited in line while DS took DH in front of the truck for some air-guitar practice (He wants a guitar from Santa so that he can "rock-n-roll with my friends at school." Heaven help me!). While we were waiting in line, a CM approached us and just started chatting. He told DD that Lightening and Mater would be coming out soon, and then asked if she was a fan of the movie. She responded with her Mater impersonation, complete with Larry the Cable Guy accent, "That movie makes me happier 'n a tornader in a trailer park." Not the classiest line in the movie, I know, but when you're nine, it is one of the funniest. He turned to me and asked if he could borrow her. Being clueless as I am at times, I said sure, in fact you could keep her ;) He insisted that he would bring her right back, but that he did need to borrow her for an important job. We all got to go to the front of the line, and then DD and DH walked with the CM to the end of the street. Turns out, DD was picked to be the crew chief - she got to wear a jacket and earphones and carry a checkered flag. She walked Lightening and Mater up to the meet and greet area, and we were the first family to get to see them. She thought that was "awesome." At the end of it, she turned in the gear and received a special pin and a certificate signed by the dream team naming her crew chief. DH was laughing as he pointed out that Intercot/Disney junkie that I am, I didn't even recognized a dream team member when I met one.

After that, we ate lunch at the commissary - another first for us. The food was good, although the cashier was either doing her Roz impression or was generally less than thrilled to be taking our order. I do love the fact that there are more healthy options when it comes to counter-service, for the grown-ups as well as the kids.

After lunch, DH wanted to take DS to LMA. DD and I are not fans of carchases, so we left them at the entrance and headed over to the Backlot tour, another first. It was cute, but not something I'd wait in line for. From there it was on to Star Tours (I think DD is trying to get me :sick: with all the thrill rides, but so far, I am up to the challenge), where we had a not-so-uneventful first trip to Endor. Then back to meet up with the boys, who LOVED LMA.

We decided to head back to WL and just relax for the rest of the day. As we neared the exit, we were approached by market research and asked to take a survey, so I left the kids with DH munching on goldfish and went into a little courtyard where several touchscreen laptops were set up. When I finished sharing my dining experience at MGM with the research dept, I rejoined DH, who had a funny look on his face. DS had been talking about driving the racecars and going on the "airplane rollercoaster" again, and DH wondered if it would be ok if he got us MVMCP tickets for that night's party since we had no plans for the evening. Have I mentioned how much I love this guy???

We decided to suprise the kids, so we just went back to the room and announced we were all going to rest, that Mommy and Daddy were worn out. DD and I went to Roaring Forks to refill our mugs, and as we were walking through the lobby, a bride walked by looking absolutely radiant. DD and I followed at a distance and went out the front doors to see how she would be transported to the Wedding Pavillion. As we watched a stretch limo pull up, a CM began chatting with me about Disney Weddings. Lo and behold, it was Ranger Stan! I was talking to a WDW legend! He offered to show us a couple of Hidden Mickeys, one of which he didn't think was in DDs book it was so well hidden. How cool was that?

We thanked Stan and made our way back to the room to rest. The kids were thrilled to find out we were going to another party - Tuesday night's was so crowded we didn't get to do some of the things we'd been looking forward to. It was much less crowded and very enjoyable, but more on that later...

faline
12-14-2007, 10:20 AM
What a terrific day! Your daughter must have been thrilled to lead Lightening and Mater out for the Meet n Greet!

pogo
12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Once again I was entertained and enchanted by your writings. Your family must be on :cloud9: with all the special things that are happening.:mickey:

RnR is a cool ride for sure and I like the way you gave your DD the photo and the words of wisdom to go with it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking me with you today ! :D

pogo
12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Once again I was entertained and enchanted by your writings. Your family must be on :cloud9: with all the special things that are happening.:mickey:

RnR is a cool ride for sure and I like the way you gave your DD the photo and the words of wisdom to go with it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking me with you today ! :D

WriteDisney
12-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Your morning at the Wilderness Lodge sounded so relaxing. It was a little bit of disney tranquility for me. So thanks! :mickey:

SBETigg
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Great day! It always surprises me, too, that I hardly ever see anyone else out enjoying the balconies. So glad you're having such a fun trip!

AbeeNormal
12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Congrat's to your DS on being a Crew Chief what a dream for her.:flag2:

I loved hearing about your morning on the deck. Sounds like not to many guests take the time to take it all in.:bfly:

I can't wait to hear about the 2nd MVMCP. :tree:

Thanks again:santa:

goofy for pluto
12-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Another fun day. Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-15-2007, 10:25 AM
I loved reading about your day! SO glad your daughter got a chance to "git er done" as crew chief!!!!!

pdrlkr
12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: