PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - Anniversary Number 9...Number 9...Number 9 – Day 8

BMan62
12-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Wednesday, December 5

Cast:
Me (Bud - 45) semi-recent Walt Disney World obsessive
DW (Cindy - 50) obsessed, but won't admit it

Has the trip gone by already??? It seems like we just got here – except for the aching legs, sore feet, and head cold!!! Can we start all over again?

Oh well, it’s time to get our things together, go do our shopping and head home. So, get up, clean up, pack up, and get the bags to ME check in. This is probably the only time on Disney property that we get depressed!

Once we check our bags, it’s time to head out to Downtown Disney to check out what’s new and different there. We HAVE to stop at the Ghiradelli store and get our samples then a drink from the soda fountain. We walk around World of Disney for half an hour, but don’t find anything that we really want to bring home with us. Then we make our way up to Pleasure Island – the construction for TRex is coming along, but it looks to be still in the site preparation stage. PI’s decorations are simple and kind of plain, from what we could see during daylight hours. We walk all the way up to the La Nouba building and it seems like there is nobody here, the streets are bare, so we head on back.

Figuring we were not going to get to eat dinner (8:05 pm) we decide to eat lunch at Rainforest Café. As always, the food was delicious and the show is great fun. When we came out, there was a bird handler with 4 birds right outside the restaurant – 3 parrots and a cockatoo.

A little more shopping and it’s time to head back to Pop for our bus to the airport.

Flight home was pretty routine, although there was a snowstorm in the northeast. We were initially supposed to be delayed taking off by 10 minutes, but ended up leaving 5 minutes early. (You figure that one out, because I can’t .) Another early arrival, by about 10 minutes, and we are to our vehicle and on our way to our snowy home before 10pm and are home and in bed before midnight.

Next: Final thoughts and photo links

faline
12-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Sorry your trip has come to an end. You certainly had a wonderful time! Guess it's time to plan that 10th anniversary trip now?!

AbeeNormal
12-14-2007, 10:19 PM
What a great trip, you two really seemed to get so much in during your trip. I wish it wasn't over too, but hey that's what the next trip is for. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for sharing I hope I can return the favor when we get back from our first ever WDW trip in January. :santa:

RedheadWriter
12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
The last day of every trip is always quite sad. But as I've always said you can't go back unless you leave

pdrlkr
12-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: