PDA

View Full Version : 1 on 1 with an Imagineer on PIRATES, tomorrow!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
12-14-2007, 01:53 AM
So with PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN ride's birthday on the 15th of this month, I'm interviewing the producer of the show/attaction tomorrow to be played back on my weekend morning show this Saturday on the radio! Her first name is Cathy - she is the show/attraction's producer and is going to talk all about it to me tomorrow. She's obviously an Imagineer.

If you have any questions you want me to ask her about the ride, let me know! Any time before 10:00am Central on Friday and I'll ask her.

Thanks!

Chris :hatter:

Mufasa
12-14-2007, 04:47 AM
Just a minor correction on the spelling- her first name is spelled Kathy and she's a wonderful person whom I've had the great pleasure of working with so I'm sure your talk will be a treat.

Kathy Rogers has one of those amazing how'd I ever get into Imagineering background stories- like a few others in the company I believe she got her first job at Disneyland over a summer as a parking lot attendant back in the early 70s.

Once again to show that Imagineers have very diverse backgrounds (there's really no typical education path to being an Imagineer) Kathy had majored in home economics at Cal State.

She's been with Imagineering for a pretty long time- I'm not certain but I think that her start at WDI was when they updated Fantasyland at Disneyland in the early 80's.

I know that later she went on to work on Muppet Vision 3D and as for the recent projects she's served as senior show producer (in addition to the recent Pirates makeover) include Expedition Everest and the updated Haunted Mansion at WDW.

As for questions you can ask Kathy about- hmm... you could always ask her for the story or details like just what happened with a parrot that was to accompany Barbossa that in the end got dropped during development because it was just too obnoxious or other elements that didn't quite make it into the finished ride.

PrincessCandaceMarie
12-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Good luck, have fun, and i can't wait to hear and read all about it!!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
12-14-2007, 02:17 PM
The interview went great! Kathy was a pleasure to speak with, very knowledgable about the ride. She said theres always tons of things they talk about that don't make it on to the attraction when they upgrade/update it..and said they generally save those ideas for future updates.
The interview will air tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 6:33am Central time.
Send me a private message and I can give you the details of where to listen to it online, if you wish. It will be re-played on my Sunday morning show, but the time is TBA...probably looking at 8:45am on Sunday though.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
12-15-2007, 02:23 PM
This interview will be rebroadcast at 8:45am central (a little later in the morning than today!) on Sunday December 16th.

Private Message me if you want the details on where you can listen to it online!