PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas-your Going To Disneyworld!

Donald
12-13-2007, 07:15 PM
We pulled it off! We surprised our boys with a WDW vacation last week for their Christmas present. We had a 7am flight on Thursday morning, so we made arrangements to stay at a Holiday Inn 3 miles from the airport on Wednesday night. We told the boys that we were just going to visit their cousin who lives in that town. We got them up at 5 am Thursday and told them to get going-we are off to the airport!:thumbsup:

We checked into Wilderness Lodge and they had our room ready. Let me just say that room 7056 has the best view of Magic Kingdom! We enjoyed the fireworks every night!

We enjoyed the club service. It was ideal for our family. We had a light breakfast every morning in the club lounge area, went off to the parks where we had TS lunch, came back for a light snack and a dip at the pool, clean up and grab a light dinner at the club lounge (delicious selections!), and off to another park for the evening.

We tried to experience different things on this vacation. My sons decided they now like roller coasters. Yeah Me!! We went on everything but splash mountain (we were leaving for the airport and I didn't want to fly wet!!) The wait times were minimal-most were only 15-20 minutes. (RnRC was 50 minutes, Mission Space was 190 minutes for the intense version-so we went for the mild version since it was only 20 minutes!) EE was awesome!! My youngest son always asked if the ride would be scary; my reply was "the only scary part is the gift shop at the end!":)

We ate at Whispering Canyon-awesome skillet; San Angel in Mexico; Sci-Fi Dine In-the boys loved it!; Yak & Yeti-delicious; and Tony's Town Square. We enjoyed all of the dinners!

All-in all it was a great weekend. Beautiful weather, great food, awesome rides, and gorgeous decorations. Who could ask for a better Christmas present!

Merry Christmas everyone!!:tree::snowman::elf::gift:

princessgirls
12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
WHAT A FABULOUS PRESENT!!!

Ohh, what a nice thing to do for your family.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a magical trip.

Julie:mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-13-2007, 08:04 PM
I'll bet the look on your boy's faces were just priceless:cloud9:

Thanks for the great report:thumbsup:

Merry Christmas :tree::deer::santa3::deer::tree:

realtreebar
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey:"

ChipnDaleGal
12-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Congrats on pulling off that big surprise! Sounds like you had a very special trip. I am glad that you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-14-2007, 07:28 AM
What a great surprise!! Sounds like a wonderful trip! :thumbsup:

faline
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Great Christmas present! Sounds like everyone enjoyed it!

DizNee143
12-14-2007, 11:51 AM
what an awesome christmas gift!!!
sounds like you all had a great time!!
thanx for sharing!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

Cinderelley
12-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Sounds Wonderful!

amorillo
12-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Mission Space was 190 minutes for the intense version

YIKES!!! 190 minutes!?!

My youngest son always asked if the ride would be scary; my reply was "the only scary part is the gift shop at the end!":)

:rotfl: :funny:

Glad to hear you had a great trip! What a wonderful Christmas gift!!!