PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Greetings Live from the Wilderness Lodge Days 3 and 4

wdw_bound
12-13-2007, 05:37 PM
We slept in on Tuesday since it was MVMCP night. We arrived at Epcot just in time to make our PSB seating at 10:20 without having to rush. Breakfast, and the princesses were wonderful. DD9 is still nuts about the princesses, and DS knows them all too, but when he saw Belle, he got uncharacteristally shy. He bowed his head and wouldn't talk. Belle kissed him on the cheek, and with one click of a camera button, they sold us the photo package.

After breakfast, we explored Future World for a while, and then headed back to WL for a rest before MVMCP. Then, around 5, we hopped the boat (I just love being able to do that) for the party, but first, we had a date with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore. Dinner at the Crystal Palace was great - and the character interaction was terrific. With no more rumblies in our tumblies, we headed out to the party. It was a sold out night, and it showed. The crowds were a lot heavier than I expected, but we just decided that we would pick our must-dos and that would be that. We had a blast. We did some character meets, saw Twas the Night Before Christmas, rode a few rides and, best of all, went to both dance parties. Lady Tremaine and the two Step-sisters were hosting the one in fantasyland, and those girls can dance - just not well :secret: It was a riot watching them step out to Milli Vanilli and some other 80s one-hit wonders, but funnier still was watching them try to lure unsuspecting little boys under the mistletoe. DS2 saw them and said "yuck - they not kiss me, only Belle." Hey, the boy's got taste!

We lasted for the whole party, but were very tired and very glad that our beds were so near by at the end of the night.

Then yesterday, DD and I did the family magic tour at MK (a birthday gift from my wonderful DH:thumbsup:) If you have the opportunity, this is a great tour - so long as you don't mind playing games and looking silly in front of other guests (there's no telling WHAT that Japanese couple thought we were up to - but we're on their home movie now - hey wait a minute, is there a Japanese YouTube????) We met up with DH and DS at Pecos Bill's. Then, DD insisted we introduce her brother to our favorite ride. Let's just say he wont stop Yo-ho-ing now :mickey: DD and I did the hall of presidents for the first time - what a neat show that is!

I took the kids on :thedolls: IASW:thedolls: and was very proud of my DD for not saying anything until we gott off the ride. There was a lady sitting behind us on the boat who was clearly not a geography bee runner up. Our first clue was when she pointed at the Don Quixote doll and said "Look, kids, that's Scotland" The next country was Brazil, followed by Lebanon. When we got off the ride, DD whispered in my ear "that lady was confused a little, wasn't she, Mommy?"

We left MK and tried something new - Trails End Buffet. We were very impressed with the food and the staff - they went out of their way to be friendly and offer tips about WDW. Then we came back home and went in the pool - did I mention that it is still 80+ degrees here? It's not even cooling off much at night. Wow, did we get lucky. We stayed in the water until the ducks starting looking at us funny (or maybe they'd seen the tape from our tour, who knows?). Tired, yet feeling completely full of magic, we went to bed for an early(er) night.

pdrlkr
12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

pogo
12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
You've made me wait two days to read this..... and it was worth it ! :thumbsup: Wow... what a wonderful time you are having. :cloud9:

Do you have any pictures of your DS and his "Belle kiss" ? I'd love to see that one. :D

Once again, as I read your words I am transformed into little child following you around, enjoying everything you enjoyed.

You are a very good writer. You don't do this for a living do you ? If not, you should. :yes:

Thanks for sharing this part of your families vacation with us. I'm looking forward to reading more. :D

RedheadWriter
12-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I'd also love ot see the Belle kiss photo!
Great report.
:thumbsup:

AbeeNormal
12-13-2007, 08:57 PM
So glad to hear you enjoyed MVMCP even though it was sold out. :deer:

I can't wait to see the holiday decor or what's left of it when we go. :santa3:

Thanks so much for sharing:mickey:

realtreebar
12-13-2007, 11:40 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey: "

wdw_bound
12-14-2007, 01:09 AM
We did get the Belle photo - I'll post when I get back home.

We liked MVMCP so much, we went back tonight for an unexpected suprise. It was MUCH less crowded, and even more fun. I'll post more on it, and the rest of our day tomorrow - my feet really hurt tonight from dancing with Goofy and Pluto - how many calories do you burn jumping up and down to Who Let the Dogs Out?

We had a great day at MGM (including a Cars dream for DD), capped off with the party. More to come...

faline
12-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Hmmm...does your son have a crush on Belle?!

What fun you all had!

goofy for pluto
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
The party sounds fun! :mickey3:
Thanks for sharing! :mickey: