PDA

View Full Version : I want to go to Disneyworld ... tomorrow

MizMissy
12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Last night, while sitting at the dinner table with the family (DH, DD8 and DS5), DS says, completely out of the blue, "I want to go to Disneyworld ... tomorrow."
Well, I respond along the lines of we are going again, but it's very far away and takes a lot of planning, etc. I also told him that he and sister have to go to school and mommy and daddy have to work tomorrow.
He listened to me, but said "I don't want to go to school, I don't want you to go to work, I want to go to Disneyworld."
My response, "Me too, baby, me too."

A little history, his first DW trip was in Sept and we had a great time. He's never been specifically diagnosed, but he's on the autism spectrum and we've been through a lot of therapy, tears and prayers to get where we are today. So, to have him start the conversation was a very wonderful moment anyway. But, as I was explaining to him why we couldn't go to DW tomorrow, I was thinking how it's hard to be the reasonable, responsible grown-up when I want to go to DW tomorrow probably as much as he does.:mickey:

Donald
12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I want to go to Disneyworld tomorrow, too!! If life could only be that simple!:mickey:

mickey&missy
12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Aww, what a little sweetie!

pogo
12-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I know how he feels. :pout:

Gibbs
12-13-2007, 06:44 PM
How irronic, the DW and I were just talking about the same thing. The way I've been looking at it, I'm responisble so I can take the family to Disney.

Keep the faith and here is a little :pixie::magic: for you and that terriffic DS of yours.:)

Tigger&Stitch
12-13-2007, 06:44 PM
awww!! Me too!! Lately I've been obsessed with planning our next trip (still 10 very long months away) and it makes me want to go NOW! =)

Do you have a DVD of Fantasmic? That might help. :thumbsup:

Deesdisney
12-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I said the same to my dh yesterday after watching the new Disney Christmas with Samantha Brown. I asked if he could suprise me for Christmas. His answer is that I am going in Jan. so I have to wait. Next year maybe.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-13-2007, 09:50 PM
With all the white stuff we have falling here in MA I would LOVE to be in WDW right now!
It is great that your DS has progressed to the point of conversing like that. That must have been a great feeling.