PDA

View Full Version : riverside?

KAJUNKING
12-13-2007, 01:51 AM
other than view, are there any advantages to paying for water view rather than standard,is it closer to parking, buses, food court? we are going to be there next year and are wondering if its worth it?

Jumpin'JiminyCricket
12-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Hey there fellow Bayou Buddy,

We did POR a couple of years ago, water view meant a pool side room, it was pretty loud and not worth it. POR is a hike, there is a lot of walking to your room depending on where you get placed, the only good thing about our room was there was a bus stop right there, but we were all the way out from the main house. POR has some great theming, and the food court was solid.

Enjoy it and Geaux Tigers

sainter
12-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Waterview at POR can mean pool or the river. It does not mean closer to anything else. Personally, I don't think it is worth the extra -- most rooms have nice views of the landscaping. The only "bad" views would be those rooms right next to the parking lots -- bu then you get to park your car very near to your room (if you have a car there :)).

WriteDisney
12-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm staying at POFQ in March and decided to upgrade to a water view. I've never stayed at either PO before and I'm not sure if a water view there is "worth" it (meaning cash-wise). I mean any room in a disney resort is going to be fantastic. But sometimes its nice to go all out :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
12-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Jimmy,
We stayed at POR a few years ago in a preferred room. As another poster said, preferred does not mean close to anything but water. And, since there is water everywhere you never know where you will end up.

We got bldg 35... about as far away from the food court as you could get. I requested and offered to pay for a preferred location since mornings are the worst for me. My arthritis does not let me move very easily in the mornings so a long treck for coffee is very hard. The manager would not change my room.

The one thing about the resort that I did not care for was that it felt like home... the theming did nothing for me. It was like looking at the mansions, swamps and bayous here.
I guess we do not appreciate what is in our own back yard. We have not been back because I always said that if I am going on vacation I want to feel like I am leaving home.

I hope you enjoy your trip. :beer:

Carol
12-18-2007, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't bother upgrading to a water view at a resort without a room balcony available. :twocents:

Actually a preferred room and a water view room are totally different. A preferred room is closer to the main building and has nothing to do with a view.

Here we go again...
12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't bother upgrading to a water view at a resort without a room balcony available. :twocents:

Actually a preferred room and a water view room are totally different. A preferred room is closer to the main building and has nothing to do with a view.

You know, that was what I thought. When we booked there we asked for a preferred room for medical reasons. We were told that since the resort was so large the only way to guarantee a preferred room was to pay for it so we did... and got a room far, far away with a pool at our door.
I guess the CM booking the room put it in wrong or the person assigning the rooms messed up. But the "medical reasons" request was in my reservation. weird.

#1donaldfan
12-18-2007, 12:58 PM
POR AB is like our home away from home.....we love that resort !!! I would say that it's not worth the extra $$'s for a water view room as they only face the pool or river.....your not any closer to busses or food. If you've not stayed there before I would suggest bldg. 27 / 18 or 14. 27 & 18 are beside a quiet pool and within seconds of the food and busses.....14 is not beside a pool and even closer to the food and busses....the way we look at it is.....we're hardly in the room anyway, so why pay more.......have fun..:mickey:

tinksmom02
12-18-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm staying at POFQ in March and decided to upgrade to a water view. I've never stayed at either PO before and I'm not sure if a water view there is "worth" it (meaning cash-wise). I mean any room in a disney resort is going to be fantastic. But sometimes its nice to go all out :thumbsup:

We paid for a waterview room at POFQ (we requested and were given a river view room--we were in building 5, third floor), and it was absolutely worth it, to us. We could look out at the boats on the river, and we were literally right around the corner from the pool.

I can't say much about Riverside's waterview and/or preferred rooms, we were in AB25, seemed to be about as far away from everything as you could get. POFQ is my preference of the two!

Kairi_7378
12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
The standard views are very pretty... I would save the $$$ for more souvenirs (or snacks like beignets!!!) :mickey: