PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Week - A good time to go?

Tink#64
12-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Hoping to get some feedback here on what the crowds are like the week of Thanksgiving!

We have always visited in May & will be unable to plan a trip before Oct.'08 because of DH's job. I thought I had it figured out that we would visit the 1st of Oct. & hope for a date for MNSSHP. I'm trying to avoid DS's missing too many days of school, so we're also trying to work around their breaks. Last night it came to me that we could visit the week of Thanksgiving (if it's not totally crazy that week) and be able to see the Christmas decorations & possible MVMCP!

By next fall it will have been 2 1/2 years since our last visit & we deinitely want to visit most of the attractions. So as much as we would LOVE to see the Christmas decor, we will forgo this if the crowds are too big. I've been reading through old threads trying to find some info on crowd levels & experiences for that week & it actually looked pretty good for Thanksgiving 2007! Was this a fluke, did I misinterpret, or is it a manageable time to visit?

Any and all help will be so greatly appreciated!

Happy Holidays! :santa:

miked31784
12-13-2007, 03:35 AM
We went on Thanksgiving week this year. You start seeing the Christmas stuff. That holiday weekend is a little busy, but right before it and right after it, you'll do fine.

faline
12-13-2007, 06:50 AM
The early part of the week should be fine. Crowds will begin building though by Tuesday evening and the weekend itself (particularly in the Magic Kingdom) will be quite busy. Crowds drop off again by Monday (though I've read reports that crowd levels don't drop off as significantly as they used to in the week following the holiday).

I'd expect moderate to heavy crowds during this time frame.

buzznwoodysmom
12-13-2007, 08:39 AM
We were just there this Thanksgiving and had such an amazing time that I am determined to get back there next year. We arrived the Thrusday night before Thanksgiving and did MVMCP on the Friday night. That was a really nice night. Hardly any waits for rides. We also did MK early in the week, I believe on Sunday for EMH and we were able to do and see everything we wanted. We stayed away from the parks on Thanksgiving day, instead we did Sea World. I wouldn't recommend Sea World, but I still don't think I'd do a disney park on that day, maybe just a relaxing day at your resort go to DTD for some shopping. The only day we saw significant crowds was at Epcot on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was packed, but we still managed to do and see what we wanted by using fastpasses and EMH. The weather was perfect all week and the Christmas decorations are beautiful. Take the time to visit all the deluxe resorts. Thanksgiving day would be ideal to go on a deluxe resort Christmas decoration tour! Have fun!

goofiecrazy
12-13-2007, 08:48 AM
We have been the week of Thanksgiving before and knew we would run into crowds so we were prepared for it.The weekend before was really busy,but if ur used to the crowds then u wont have a problem.We spent turkey day over at Sea World and that park was like a ghost town.We had our Thanksgiving at Chef Mickeys and it was really good.

Tink#64
12-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks to all for the info & the help. We're still undecided as to when the best time for our next trip will be. We're definitely impatient but we want to make the best decision for all of us!

Thank you! :thumbsup: