PDA

View Full Version : Land And Sea

Dr. Disney
12-13-2007, 12:34 AM
The family and I are considering a land and sea vacation for November '08. We'd love to do the cruise portion becuase we've never been on a cruise. However, it doesn't seem like enough time at WDW. Can we add another day or 2 to the package... and does that affect the transportation?? And one more question, is it more feasible to rent a car for the week, or pay the transportation charges (Airport/Hotel/Cruiseline)? We will have 2 adults and 2 children (3, 8).:mickey:

btharvey
12-13-2007, 07:28 AM
My family did a 4-day cruise followed by 4 days at WDW. That's 8 days total of Disney, so the mere 4 days at WDW wasn't so bad! :mickey: I'd highly recommend it, though I'm still not sure what order to do things in. The cruise can be more relaxing, but leaving the park early does rankle. But by all means do both, whether it's an official Land Sea or whether you do it up yourself.

We just arranged things through the magical travel agent and didn't worry about "special deals," but looked out for discounts on individual items. About the cruise: If you want to be sure to take in extra things like the dolphin experience, etc., be sure to pay for it early! You can only sign up for that stuff after you pay for it, we found out to our dismay when we waited to the last minute to pay.

TheDuckRocks
12-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Hind sight is a wonderful thing. We leave in just over 4 weeks for a 8 night WDW stay with our DD, her hubby and the grandkids, followed by a 4 night Disney Cruise for just the old goat and myself.
Made the WDW part on my own and the cruise through AAA. Everything has come together but it has been a major amount of work on my part.
I wish I would have used Magical Journeys the Intercot sponsor. They would have kept track of everything for me and the good part is they work hard to get you the best deals with no additional cost to you. Nanci, Karen and the other agents are sharing info with us here at Intercot all the time and are super, super nice ladies.
Take the time to send them an e-mail and see what they can do for you.

Dr. Disney
12-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the great info! I'll get in contact with Magical Journey's for further. Thanks for the recommendations!

ElenitaB
12-13-2007, 05:15 PM
I second and third the recommendations to work with an MJ travel agent! Melissa of MJ has been our travel agent for three attempts/two cruises so far, and I consider her our own personal Blue Fairy.

I'd also recommend not booking the land and sea together as a package as it will allow you greater flexibility in all areas of your WDW vacation. And, yes, cruise after the land portion of your trip, but keep in mind that the cruise is only slightly more restful than visiting hte parks. ;) We found so much to do on our cruise that we were quite busy!

LW_DFREAK
12-13-2007, 06:17 PM
We absolutely loved the Land/Sea vacation, so much we have now planned it again with 6 more families to join in the fun in May 08 - WE CAN'T WAIT! We are doing the same exact trip as last time with 3 nights at the Poly and 4 nights on the Wonder. Staying on the Monorail seemed to make the most sense to get us to get to and from the parks quickly since we wouldn't be staying at WDW for very long. With my small kids and the fact that we have been to Disney twice in the last few years, 4 days at the park is plenty for us. Best part, the cruise we are taking is the first to make two stops at Castaway Cay! We lucked out big time - Did I say, we can't wait? :D