PDA

View Full Version : Have you missed me?

Nana
12-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone on INTERCOT. I miss you guys so much!!! LOTS has been going on in my life. The very short version is that my job was condolidated, I was requested to move to Birmingham. My DH, daughter, son in law and grandkids moved with me last May. I have been working anywhere from 25-40 hours overtime per week and to be honest, it does not look like it will let up anytime soon. Well after my daughter and crew moved here, Dustin began having some problems so my daughter, son in law and youngest 2 grandchildren moved back to Atlanta. The older 2 remained with us so I am doing the baseball, cub scout, school, church, etc duties again. Tests are being ran to see what is going on with Dustin but it does look like the cancer may be back. On the flip side-Birmingham is much more beautiful than I imagined. We live in the mountains in a lake community and some mornings the sunrise is breathtaking. After living in metro Atlanta for years, it is exciting every day that you see deer in the street. The older 2 boys LOVE it here and do not want to ever go back to Georgia. They are very involved in everything from church to drama to baseball/football to safety patrol to discovering girls. So that is it pretty much in a nutshell. Hopefully, one day, I will get a chance to check in more often. Occasionally I try to read some of the posts especially the ones involving prayer requests. I try to always say a pray for those that request one. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON INTERCOT.:santa:

buzznwoodysmom
12-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Becky,

I sure have missed seeing you here. I've been meaning to email you, but life always seems to get in the way. I am glad to hear that you are all moved in and settled and its good to hear how much you love your new home. How exciting to be in the Mountains for Christmas!! I am so sorry to hear that Dustin is still struggling with his problems. I still say a prayer everynight for him in hopes that he can be a healthy little boy one day. It was so good hearing from you. I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year!

Melanie
12-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Great to hear from you Becky! Thanks for the update. It's nice to hear you are enjoying your new home. Prayers for Dustin and his ongoing fight against that nasty stuff. :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
12-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year to you and your family. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for Dustin.

Dsnygirl
12-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Welcome "home"!! It is good to see you back! It sounds like your new home is just beautiful, and I will say some prayers and send some :pixie: Dustin's way. Have a wonderful holiday season, and be sure to stop in when you can!!

mickey&missy
12-13-2007, 06:23 AM
you definitely were missed! Your new home sounds beautiful! I'm glad your enjoying it! I will continue to pray for Dustin and send him lots of :pixie:

faline
12-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Good to hear from you! :pixie::pixie::pixie: for Dustin!

JanetMegan
12-13-2007, 07:49 AM
I've missed you!!! We need to catch up soon...I have lots going on too. Special thoughts to Dustin and to you for being a super great grandmother to the two oldest! Can you PM or email me your new address? I only have your old one for my Christmas Card list...

Here we go again...
12-13-2007, 08:57 AM
:hi: Hi Becky!
It is good to see you back!
I hope things get a little easier for you and you find a little more time to relax.
Try to keep us posted on Dustin. He will be in our prayers.

Carol
12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Hey Becky! :hi: It's great to see you. I've been wondering how all of you were doing since the big move. Stop in when you can.

Best wishes and continued prayers for Dustin. :pixie:

offwego
12-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi Becky, prayers and good thoughts for Dustin and all your family on the way.

Thanks so much for updating us..You've been missed.

ChipDale
12-13-2007, 11:00 AM
:hi: Hi Becky! :hi:

Good to "see" you again! :) Here's a bunch more :pixie: for Dustin!

Merry Christmas! :tree: :candy:

Cinderelley
12-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Glad you're enjoying your new town. Keep us updated on Dustin and yourself.

SodaPopMGK
12-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie::pixie: for Dustin and your family.

ChipnDaleGal
12-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Hi Becky! You sound like a super busy lady right now. Glad you are enjoying Birmingham so much. Lots of :pixie: for Dustin and his fight.

murphy1
12-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Becky!!

Emily and I were talking about you, we went to the High Museum last month. I have missed you! I will say lots of prayers for Dustin, the poor boy has been through more than anyone should go through. I am getting a scan on a nodule in my thyroid that we have been watching for 9 months and it keeps growing, so I am trying to gear up for a possible repeat surgery. You wouldn't miss all the traffic and construction on 141, it's a mess! I am trying to get dh on board to move back to Florida, I miss it a lot especially at the holidays! I'm glad you can help your daughter and everyone likes Alabama, I might have to come visit you one of these days.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I hope Dustin beats the ickies soon. Prayers and Pixie Dust coming his way.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Beast_fanatic
12-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi Becky! Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

:pixie: going out to Dustin!

Ian
12-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Hi Becky!

It's weird ... I was just asking Em the other day if she had any idea where you had disappeared to. Now I know!

Anyway, glad to see you back. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

ElenitaB
12-15-2007, 01:42 PM
The answer is a big resounding YES! You are very missed!

I've been thinking of you the past few months so was thrilled to see your name pop up!

Just reading your post tired me out! But it does sound that you are truly enjoying your new hometown and so are the grandkids. :pixie: to Dustin to beat the :thedolls: for once and for all.

Please PM your current address.

Big :hug: to you!

Patricia
12-16-2007, 01:10 PM
It's great to hear from you Becky!

Sorry to hear Dustin is still having so many health isuue, best wishes and loads of pixie dust to him.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Emily
12-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Hey Becky! :hi:

I really haven't been talking about you that much, I promise! ;) That is really weird, though, because as Ian said, we were just wondering where you were! Glad that you checked in. :) Sorry to hear Dustin is still having problems, but I am happy to hear you like Birmingham.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday :santa3:, and don't be a stranger!

Nana
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
I am so glad to know you guys miss me. I sure miss all of you!!!! Hopefully, things will get better with the new year and I will be able to check in more often. Thank you for all of the pixie dust. It is greatly appreciated. Brad's Sunday school class cooked breakfast for the Ronald McDonald house this past Sunday. He said he was the only kid who was not afraid of the hospital. He said he talked to all the parents about his brother and how he had been in the hospital alot. Brad is the little Ambassador. Actually not so little anymore. All he wants for Christmas is a phone with unlimited text so all the girls can text him (and believe me they do all day and night). :( And he is only 10. YIKES!!
I promise I will do better and be around more. I miss you guys too much!!!!!!