PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - Anniversary Number 9...Number 9...Number 9 – Day 4

BMan62
12-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Saturday, December 1

Cast:
Me (Bud - 45) semi-recent Walt Disney World obsessive
DW (Cindy - 50) obsessed, but won't admit it

Another beautiful morning in Central Florida. While DW is getting ready, I make my way over to get some coffee. It seems a little busier today, but I expected that as it is the weekend and the local populace is arriving. Little did I know at the time, but the Pop Warner Football teams were arriving for their tournament.

After morning coffee, we make our way over to Animal Kingdom for our early trip on Kilimanjaro Safaris. I have really gotten to enjoy the earlier safaris because there are so many more animals out and about and they seem to be so much closer to the ride path. One weird thing though, we didn’t see any ‘Tommies’ (Thompson Gazelles.) The safari trucks were being split up between two different paths, so there were no ‘traffic jams’ on the ride. The rickety bridge effect wasn’t working – DW and I were both waiting for it. Kind of corny, but we like it. There were a couple groups in the row in front of us that were first timers. Always nice to hear the OOHs and AAHs of newbies.

From there we make our way toward Asia and Expedition Everest. Now, DW rode this on our trip back in February, but would not go near it this time, so I didn’t get to ride it this trip. (Remember, this is our anniversary trip and keeping the peace is of the utmost importance!!) So, we watch for a few minutes then continue on to the old “Theater in the Round” which I believe they renamed “Theater Under the Sea” for the new “Finding Nemo: The Musical.”

We were both big fans of “Tarzan Rocks!” so were not looking forward to seeing its replacement. Boy, were we pleasantly surprised. At first, you think the puppeteers are going to distract from the show, but after just a few seconds, you realize that they blend in with their character perfectly. Yes, it’s a retelling of the movie story, but the songs and the voices and the action make it all feel new. Definitely a ‘Must See’ for each trip.

From there, we wandered around aimlessly for a short time and found ourselves over at the Tree of Life for “It’s Tough to be a Bug.” We didn’t stand in the lobby for more than a couple minutes before we were let into the theater for the show. We sat in one of the last couple non-handicapped rows and did not have the Black Widow Spiders directly above us. Fun, as always.

As we walked out from the show, DW mentioned that we had yet to eat anything today and it was already noontime, so we headed over to Flame Tree Barbeque and got lunch. How have we missed this in the past???? Although the lines were long to order, the wait was well worth it. DW got the ½ Chicken Platter and I got the ½ Rack Rib Platter. She found us a table looking over to Everest and we gorged ourselves on some of the best CS food we have eaten at WDW.

We wandered around a bit more and made our way over to see Festival of the Lion King and Pocohantas, but this time our timing was off, so we just got a soft-serve ice cream cone each and headed back to the Tree.

Starting to show our age a little, the first three days still have us down a little bit, so we make this a short day and head back to the resort. It’s rough sitting at a desk 48 weeks a year, then try to act like you’re in shape running around the parks 14 hours a day!!!!

When we get back to the resort, we find a couple groups of kids throwing footballs around. One group was actually going through drills with their coach on the keyboard of the computer pool.

Tomorrow: Back to Epcot - for Epcot attractions, and the Boardwalk

dolphinmickey9170
12-12-2007, 03:34 PM
:mickey:What a nice calm day!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Glad to hear that you weren't dissapointed with the Nemo Show. Sounds like it was a hit for you two. :dory:

I know the feeling about being at a desk for so long and then bringing on the Disney workout..... I better start exercising now.:rope:

pdrlkr
12-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
:thumbsup: Great day!

faline
12-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Those afternoon rests can feel really good!

Sounds like a wonderful day of Animal Kingdom exploration. Sorry you didn't get to ride on Everest!

realtreebar
12-13-2007, 11:52 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey:"