PDA

View Full Version : Wishes

jenny1976
12-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey!
Me...again. Well our trip planning is underway for September and, I have YET ANOTHER question.
I would like the 4 of us (DH, BFF & her DH, & me) to see wishes from somewhere special outside the park. I wanna know what your experience is. I was thinking O'Hanna's but am not sure. Maybe CRT.
Please advice. We did the Wishes cruise this past September and loved it, but are going to do the IllumiNations one this year.
Thanks, You Guys are the BEST!!!!!!!!:number1:

SBETigg
12-12-2007, 12:22 PM
The observation deck outside of California Grill is the best view of the fireworks I've had, better than in the restaurant itself, though this isn't bad either. I would recommend planning a meal there. You can go all out or just get drinks and flatbreads or sushi, and then you can use the observation deck for an incredible Wishes view. Similarly, Narcoossee's is a great place for a special meal and they have a viewing deck, too.

Otherwise, the beach at the Polynesian or the marina area of the Grand Floridian both offer good views of Wishes.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
:party: Although I have never done this, I was watching the Travel channel Sunday and saw a special called, Undiscovered Disney....One thing they showed was people watching Wishes from California Grill that is the top floor restaurant at the Contemporary. Apparently, they turn all the lights off in the restaurant when the fireworks begin. Even watching it on TV was cool.

faline
12-12-2007, 12:52 PM
They don't actually turn off the lights at California Grill but they do dim them.

Entrance to California Grill is carefully monitored and is generally restricted to those who have reservations to eat there though some folks will be allowed into the lounge if space if available. Those seated at window tables facing the Magic Kingdom do not leave their tables for the fireworks. Others are permitted to go out on the observation decks during the fireworks.

There is another fireworks viewing area off the 4th floor that is available to everyone.

One of my favorite places to watch the fireworks from is the beach at the Poly. The dock at the Grand Floridian is a good place as well. There's also a good view from the beach at Fort Wilderness.

Beast_fanatic
12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
There is another fireworks viewing area off the 4th floor that is available to everyone.

We did not like the observation area on the 4th floor as it is somewhat obstructed. We walked up the stairs on the outside of the building to the 5th floor landing, and the view there was better, but it was a rather stranger perspective as the fireworks didn't seem to be very near the castle at all. We also watched the fireworks from the Poly beach, and found the view from there to be better. Our favorite spot though is from right in the middle of Main Street (around Casey's) inside the Magic Kingdom. :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
12-12-2007, 10:41 PM
The Poly beach area is our favorite. They pipe in the musis to that location and you can go there after a meal at Ohana.

After that, having tried both Narcoosees and the Cali Grill we would take Narcoosees. The setting itself, on the water makes it more special for us.

Kisobel
12-13-2007, 04:47 AM
i'm very sad that we missed Wishes last trip. enjoy it wherever you are.

kate