PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in bad luck?

CaptainSad
12-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Has this ever happened to any of you. I am one of the unlucky people you will ever know. I am coming down Sunday from Boston. One problem. It looks like we are going to get hit with a big storm Saturday night Sunday. I am supposed to leave Boston at 8:15 a.m. on JetBlue with a stop at JFK. If I get off the ground I will most likely miss my connecting flight at 11:00 a.m. I know the horror stories about getting on another plane after you missed the connecting flight. It happened before and didn't get a flight for over 24 hours. I planned this trip months in advance, have all that I need (room,car,tickets to the parks and 2 nights at the MVMCP). If my flight gets cancelled I am out a lot of money. I have already called the car rental and they told me my car might not be there if I get there to late. The resort (offsite) may hold my room for a day at the most. I tell you. I have had 2 people die on my birthday, I got a Lottery ticket one time and the next guy comes in and gets the same ticket and wins $1,000,000. So I say it's pretty safe to stay away from me.

Little Einstein
12-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure if this will cheer you up at all or not but we were suppose to get hit hard today with an Ice Storm (Eastern Iowa) and luckily we only got rain for most of the day. I know it's hard to stay positive but sometimes that's all you can do. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!:mickey:

Zippy 1
12-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Is it to late to purchase trip insurance? We do this for every trip just in case. I will say a few prayers for you that all goes smooth

PirateLover
12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I am so sorry for all your bad luck. I know what it's like to feel like that little black rain cloud always follows you around. Here is some :pixie: dust for your flight. I hope you end up having the best trip ever!

tinksmom02
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
the motto in our family for a LONG time was "if it wasn't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all."

Here's hoping your trip gets off the ground (literally haha) and that you can get to Florida on time. :pixie:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-11-2007, 11:14 PM
:fingers:I feel your pain. I fly out of Islip, Long Island on Monday at 7:05am. I have been watching the storm that is supposed to head this way too.

Fingers crossed for us both!!

RedheadWriter
12-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Just a thought....your connecting flight is in NY. Could you skip the first leg from Boston by plane and bus/train it to NY Saturday before the storm starts and be there for the 11 AM connecting flight? Storm should be over by then and you will not have the stress of wondering what will happen. I guess my only thought is to control as much of this as you can and not let things go to chance.
Maybe my idea is far-fetched.....

CaptainSad
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Good news... I got to thinking. Why not try to fly down a day earlier. So I got on the phone with Jetblue last night. For $52 I am going down Saturday. That's $7 difference on price and the $45 change fee. I will miss the storm by 5 or 6 hours. I got a non-stop flight. Not the seat I wanted but beggers can't be choosey. I got the extra day on the car for $14. I couldn't add at day where I was staying but a room at Knights Inn, Main gate East. for $34. So for a less then a $100 I will be there. I get an extra day out of this:mickey:.

AbeeNormal
12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Sounds like you luck is turning around - here is a little :pixie::pixie::pixie: to make sure it stays that way.

I really hope you will write us a trip report when you get back :thumbsup:

Have a super-fantastic-amazingly-magical-wonderfully-lucky time:D

JerseyMouse
12-12-2007, 06:55 PM
So much for that bad luck, sounds like things worked out just great!!!:mickey:

cal5755
12-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Well I would say that is pretty LUCKY!! I hope you have a magical trip!!!

Dracula766
12-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Good news... I got to thinking. Why not try to fly down a day earlier. So I got on the phone with Jetblue last night. For $52 I am going down Saturday. That's $7 difference on price and the $45 change fee. I will miss the storm by 5 or 6 hours. I got a non-stop flight. Not the seat I wanted but beggers can't be choosey. I got the extra day on the car for $14. I couldn't add at day where I was staying but a room at Knights Inn, Main gate East. for $34. So for a less then a $100 I will be there. I get an extra day out of this:mickey:.

That has nothing to do with luck. You took control of a bad situation and made things work.
Congratulations :thumbsup:
and have a great trip :party:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
That's truly a good solution! Enjoy the extra time in sunny warm FL! Think of the rest of us up here in the snow.