PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - Anniversary Number 9...Number 9...Number 9 – Day 2

BMan62
12-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Thursday, November 29

Cast:
Me (Bud - 45) semi-recent Walt Disney World obsessive
DW (Cindy - 50) obsessed, but won't admit it

Up before 6, without the alarm (which we never set on this trip.) We decided to get to MK for the opening of EMH. This was the first time we were present for the opening ceremony. We decided to grab a light breakfast on Main Street (coffee and a yogurt, banana, berry mix with granola sprinkled on top – very good.) then head off for Tomorrowland.

Here we hit the first of my To Do list – Carousel of Progress. We were two of about 10 people in the theater. Other than needing a little sprucing up, the theater and show were very enjoyable. I can see where people get that song running through their heads all day!!!

From there, we get right on the TTA, another first. I think we ended up riding this three times during this trip. Very neat little trip around Tomorrowland. We enjoyed the views into Buzz, Space Mountain, and around the park in general. Nice way to get off your feet for a few minutes too.

Off the TTA and on to Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor. I had expected this to be a little on the lame side – more geared toward kids than adults, but we both really enjoyed ourselves here. A couple corny jokes, but that is to be expected.

We wandered around the park counter-clockwise and got on Space Mountain (I thought it seemed like it was a little faster than the last time we rode it.) Over to ToonTown, where we got on the train and did a complete circuit of the park back to ToonTown. Rode the Mad Tea Party (one of DW’s favorites), then over to the rehabbed Haunted Mansion (WOW! What a great rehab!) and on to Pirates.

After Pirates, we decided that since we were going to be at MK for the MVMCP tonight, we should go somewhere else for a while and decided to go over to World Showcase at Epcot. On the way out to get the monorail over to Epcot we jumped on Splash Mountain and got a nice cooling off from the 80+ degree temperatures.

On the walk over to WS we stopped at Club Cool for a drink – we both settled on the Ginger Ale – and turned someone on to Beverly for the first time. The look on her face was precious! At World Showcase we rode the updated El Rio (Grand Fiesta Tour) and made our way around taking in the Christmas decorations. If we saw one of the Santas, we stopped and snapped a picture. At Germany we stopped and got our Brat w/kraut – a staple of every trip. By this time, DW was having some problems with her feet from the crocs she was wearing, so we lounged around until it was time to go back to MK for MVMCP.

Back at MK, we went straight back to TTA and got out of the crowds until the non party goers were leaving. Seeing the park from the TTA during the day was nice, but after dark it was magnificent. With all the lights on around the park and the castle lit up, I could have stayed on that ride all evening.

Back to the hub for the Parade and Holiday Wishes. I would recommend this party to anyone who is going to be in central Florida during the Christmas season.

I’ve got to tell you right here that, after 12 hours on our feet in the heat and humidity, we were not really interested in standing in place for the parade and fireworks, but I am certainly glad we did! The parade was amazing, with the floats and characters all dolled up in their Christmas finery, we hardly realized we were still standing. Hopefully I can find a few good shots of the floats from the ones I took – really got to get a better camera, or less shaky hands! The Holiday Wishes fireworks were very different from what we were used to. We sat down by the creek below The Plaza Restaurant and watched Tinkerbell come down the cable right over our heads. If only there were a couple fewer trees blocking our view of the castle, it would have been perfect. A cup of hot chocolate and a sugar cookie after the fireworks and we head back for a good night sleep.

Tomorrow: World Showcase and DHS for Osborne Lights and Fantasmic

faline
12-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Great day! I think I would have tired feet by the end of this day as well!

The Christmas Party is so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

RedheadWriter
12-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Great day! :thumbsup: Your wife's feet hurt from Crocs? I don;t think I have ever heard anyone say that before! I don''t own a pair myself, but from what I have read, people LOVE them.
Looking forward to your next report!
Rachel

BMan62
12-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Great day! :thumbsup: Your wife's feet hurt from Crocs? I don;t think I have ever heard anyone say that before! I don''t own a pair myself, but from what I have read, people LOVE them.
Looking forward to your next report!
Rachel

She's one of those who will not wear anything on her feet without socks and I think the sock was actually what caused her blister. Also, I think the Crocs she had on were too small. She said they fit nicely, but they said they were size 7 and she normally wears size 8. Aren't Crocs supposed to fit loosely?

In any event, she refused to allow that to slow her down and things got better for her as the week went on.

ldn324
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Wow, we were there during the same time frame also for our 9th anniversary! Sounds like you guys did a lot of the same things we did, just on different days! I even got a blister from wearing not Crocs, but my Skechers version of them....sans socks for me and DH's sure that was my problem - LOL.

Glad to know you had a great time also!:mickey:

Thanks for the report!

AbeeNormal
12-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Up before 6 without an alarm:eek:you must be at Disney:santa:

Glad to hear you really enjoyed the MVMCP:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-12-2007, 03:26 PM
It's so easy to drag your sleepy tired body out of bed when you are at Disney. As far as the crocs, yes, they should fit a little loose. I also wear socks with mine, wouldn't think of any other way, after trying them without...just can't do it. It just didn't feel right. Anyway. Glad you had a great day, can't wait to read the next one. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

realtreebar
12-13-2007, 11:59 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey:"

wendy*darling
12-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a fantastic day!

I'm another one who gets blisters if I wear Crocs without socks. Tried on 2 trips and have decided I can't wear them at WDW at all. Love them around town, but not on vacation. Oh well...

Thanks for sharing your adventures! :mickey:

DizNee143
12-18-2007, 09:30 AM
sounds like a great day at MK and at Epcot for a little bit!! glad you had such a great time at the party!! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
I am so happy that you dicovered the wonder of the TTA, especially at night! It is one of my very favorite things property wide!! :thumbsup:
Sounds like you had a great day. Thank you for sharing. :mickey: