PDA

View Full Version : Hayden's Magical Character Menagerie Last Day and Final Thoughts

Hayden's Dad
12-11-2007, 09:23 AM
I forgot to mention one other thing that happened on Friday. While we were wandering Adventureland we got to see Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial. Man Johnny Depp did a good job of portraying the real Jack here. It was great and after the show my DW grabbed Mack and asked for his autograph, we got that a picture, and Hayden was inducted as an honorary pirate. :thumbsup:
Now on to Saturday Dec. 1. This morning we had reservations at 1900 Park Fare again so we go the car packed and checked out on our way to the bus stop to MK where we caught the Monorail to the Grand Floridian. We checked in and shortly were seated and as we were seated here comes Winnie the Pooh. After he left both Mary Poppins and Alice had entered our room so we waited a little bit before getting our food. Once we got our food here comes Tigger and the Mad Hatter. All the charaters were great although the Mad Hatter aparently scared some of the children. He was quite loud, but well...mad. Our server Carla did a great job she brought us another signed placemat, Hayden a crown, a cupcake, and a glow Capt Hook and Tinkerbell you know the ones that come with the Pirate Punch. That was cool as those usually go for $5 each. Then after we put Hayden back down to sleep some in his chair while we finished up Tigger came back and played with Hayden. He took Tinkerbell off and started flying her around Hayden and it was really sweet.
After breakfast we decided to head over to Epcot to ride Universe of Energy. Along the way Eva got the rest of her trading cards.:thumbsup: We like this ride and didn't get a chance to go there earlier that week, plus it is becoming tradition that this is our last park before we go home. After the ride we meandered around Future World for a little while then with tears in our eyes we said good bye for now to Disney World.
On the way home we stopped by my Grandmother's house in Jacksonville and on our second day travelling home we stopped over in Hilton Head so Hayden could see the ocean again, he loves hearing the waves.
I think at Hayden's two year old birthday here in January we are going to try and get in touch with Make A Wish again and see if we can get the ball rolling, maybe since he is older they can make the exception this time. If not we will put our deposit down and start planning our trip for next year. :D

Final Thoughts: Well I told you already about the three issues we had and I have sent my letter to Guest Communications, but I ahve to agree with Strmchsr. He mentioned in his trip report that smoking seemed to be getting out of control both in the parks and at the hotels, the designated spots are not being enforced, and they have picked some weird places for designated spots. For instance in Camp Minnie Mickey right where it can be inhaled by all the little ones waiting to see the characters, and one of the spots at All Star Movies is right as you go into the lobby from the pool side so you have to pass through it.

Anyway I am off my soapbox now and all in all it could not have been a more perfect trip. We saw over 116 total characters, most of which were new to us plus a couple of rare autographs. We met some wonderful fellow intercotees, we got all the transportation trading cards, traded over 50 pins, ate at Cinderella's Castle for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Got to wake up Tinkerbell, named "First Family of The American Adventure", Hayden made an honorary Prince in Training, watched jealously as my son got over 10 kisses from real princesses, watched my wife being turned into a wicked queen in training (her words not mine), made a lightsaber with my son, got our honorary Bus Driver Liscense, rode in the front of the monorail and got our Jr. Monorail Liscense, got to pose with my Disney hero Mr Incredible, got hot chocolate and cookies during the Christmas Party, had Minnie Mouse flirt with me, fought off Captain Hook flirting with my wife, having our pictures taken by Captain Hook and I have to say the absolute best was having Mickey himself give Hayden a plush Mickey Mouse.
To be honest there are so many wonderful memories that these are the first that popped in my head as I was typing. This has been our best trip we have taken, for now....Here's to next years trip and even more magic.

Thank you with all our hearts all for all of your prayers, pixie dust, and thoughts.

Kyle, Eva, and Hayden Jones

IloveDisney71
12-11-2007, 09:38 AM
It sounds as if your trip was truly magical!
I am so glad you all had such a wonderful and memorable experience!!!:mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-11-2007, 09:57 AM
:pixie: :thumbsup::mickey:So happy you had a wodnerful trip. i enjoyed reading all of your reports!!!!
Rachel

Strmchsr
12-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Great reports, Kyle. I know you'll cherish these memories forever. Thanks for sharing!!!

faline
12-11-2007, 11:30 AM
You and family certainly created lots of wonderful memories! Thanks for your terrific reports! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
12-11-2007, 11:31 AM
It's been a true joy to relive your family's memories. You had some incredibly touching and special things happen to each one of you, and each report was wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I have truly enjoyed reading all of your reports. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us :mickey:

AbeeNormal
12-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Your reports were truly magical. I really look forward to your next trip. :cloud9:

I wish you all the Merriest of Christmas's :santa:

Jenemmy
12-11-2007, 01:20 PM
It sounds as though your trip was just as magical as we all hoped it would be! Appreciate you taking us all along for the ride :thumbsup: Great report

*tinker_belle*
12-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Sounds like the best trip ever!! I'm sure you got some very awesome pictures with all the characters. Great reports, i felt like i was a bird on your shoulder :mickey:

joanna71985
12-11-2007, 02:39 PM
What a great trip report! I loved reading it, and it sounded like you had an awsome trip.:thumbsup:

mitchsfan
12-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Leaving in 3 hours for Disney World. Reading your trip reports made this week go by much faster.

I hope to have half the trip you did!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have a blessed holiday. :donald:

Hayden's Dad
12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Thank You Everybody, This Trip Would Not Have Been Nearly As Magical Without All Of Your Help. I Wouldn't Have Known About All The Little Magical Experiences That Could Have Happened Like Wakeing Up Tinkerbell, And Riding In The Front Of The Monorail Without All Or Your Knowledge. Not To Mention All The Hints And Tips From All Of My Fellow Character Hunters.

thrillme
12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip. My prayers are with you upon your return.

pdrlkr
12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for sharing! :smickey:

tinksmom02
12-11-2007, 10:06 PM
thanks for sharing your wonderful family vacation. I really enjoyed reading your reports!

Kairi_7378
12-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for sharing Hayden's Magical Character Menagerie with us! Your reports were fantastic. It felt like I was right there with you. I'm glad that you were able to handle the few problems that you did have in a calm way. You've set a good example for the rest of us. Let us know what Guest Relations has to say about your issues. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

disneydrmr
12-12-2007, 09:19 AM
What a wonderful trip! I know you will cherish the memories made for ever! Thank you for allowing us to share your experience!

TheDuckRocks
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful trip. May there be many more for you all in the future.:pixie:

offwego
12-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm glad you had such a magical trip with your family & that you took the time to share it with us.

Wishing you many many more trips!

dolphinmickey9170
12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful trip with us. I am so happy that you had a great time!! I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday!

joanna71985
12-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Thank You Everybody, This Trip Would Not Have Been Nearly As Magical Without All Of Your Help. I Wouldn't Have Known About All The Little Magical Experiences That Could Have Happened Like Wakeing Up Tinkerbell, And Riding In The Front Of The Monorail Without All Or Your Knowledge. Not To Mention All The Hints And Tips From All Of My Fellow Character Hunters.

You are welcome.:)

RedSoxFan
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
What a magical trip you all had. So glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Christine
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Wonderful! Snags were few, magic was abundant! That's a great vacation!!

realtreebar
12-13-2007, 11:56 PM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey:"

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your very special trip with us. I can't tell you how much I enoyed reading all of your reports. :mickey:

Hair_Razor
12-21-2007, 02:57 PM
WOW, that's all just WOW! Oh and thanks for sharing!:D

Bethis26fan
12-28-2007, 01:31 PM
What a great trip. Thank you for sharing it with us.