PDA

View Full Version : Yak& Yeti or Kona Cafe

Nj genie
12-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Trying to decide between the two. We are a family of two adults and three young children. Appreciate any help.

mouseketeer mom
12-11-2007, 06:26 AM
Hands down, Kona cafe has the very best food. Yak and Yeti is typical asian food. Yummy, but nothing out of this world. Yak and Yeti has some interesting decor and artifacts your kids might like seeing. Kona is brighter and noisier.
We would choose Kona for any meal, over Yak and Yeti. The food and atmosphere is fun and lively.

SBETigg
12-11-2007, 07:01 AM
The consensus agrees that Kona has some of the best food at WDW. On my recent visit, it was pretty close to the worst. I would choose 'Ohana. But a dinner at the Polynesian is usually a great experience and I can hope that you get the Kona that everyone loves and not the one I visited. The Yak and Yeti is too new for most people to have formed an opinion, so if you're feeling adventurous, give it a shot.

busterthebronco
12-11-2007, 10:41 PM
kona easy.
its a little inconsistant but at its worst (which imho is not bad) its better than the yak & yeti.
the desserts are WONERFUL!
we love dessert and coffe so kona is a bigtime deal for us.
the y&y is like panda express but worse.
we went right after it opened so it may be better by now though.

brown1442
12-12-2007, 10:46 PM
We just ate at Kona Cafe last week and LOVED it!! :thumbsup: It was one of my favorite meals on the trip... some of the best food I've ever eaten!! Their bread is to die for!! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!! I actually liked it better than Ohana's (we ate there the night before).

Its a very open, laid back kind of atmosphere and a little on the noisy side (becuase of how open it is) so its a great place for kids to blend in. My son LOVED his dessert there ;)