PDA

View Full Version : Taking newbies in May - What should we put in a Christmas "Suvival Kit"...?

SignguyTom
12-10-2007, 08:54 PM
We are taking my mom and sister and her 2 kids (G8 & B12) We want to give them a "survival kit" for Christmas. So far we have:

Emergency rain ponchos
Hand sanitizer
Notepads
Stain removal wipes
Blister foot balm, Band-Aid Blister Pads
Sunscreen
Lip balm
Underwater disposable camera (for the water parks)
Fastpass holders w/lanyard
Moist Towelettes

Anyone have some fun/essential ideas??

AuntDJ
12-10-2007, 09:15 PM
How about some of the retractable sharpies? They come in fun colors and we like to use them for autographs?

Or...how about quarters and pennies for the pressed penny machines?

Fanny packs for the kids? I think it is very important for the kids to carry their own autograph books and pressed penny stuff.

One more, if you live close to a disney store, you can't go wrong with a stuff mickey or whoever their favorite characters are.

Have fun!
DJ

SBETigg
12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Maybe those pocket packs of tissues? You never know when an unexpected Disney moment will leave you misty-eyed. Or just sneezy. Cheap sunglasses? You've got a great list going. Good work!

vamaggie
12-10-2007, 09:45 PM
1) a card with the Intercot site address
2) park maps (downloaded from the WDW site--I think it is too close to order them)
3) family tee shirts in a signature color and/or saying (if you plan to coordinate some days)
4) a funny/lighthearted prep fitness plan for all the walking/touring they will do. (like "start today and walk as much as possible", "stay awake and away from home for 12 hours,walking as much as possible" etc)

Dakota Rose
12-10-2007, 11:33 PM
a pin for their lanyards?

water bottle belt loop/hook/holster thingie?

walkie talkies?

mickey ears?
(can't you get 'em from DelivEARS?)

glow-in-the-dark necklaces (at Dollar Store)?

refillable water bottle?

visors?

Tink#64
12-11-2007, 12:27 AM
All great ideas!:thumbsup:

I always suggest a great guide book also. It will help them to have an idea of the attractions! Birnbaums has such colorful pictures & good descriptions of many attractions, it really helps the novice to get an idea of what to expect. I can't believe how many peple have asked me if we go on the kiddie rides! :rolleyes: And then I try to explain that most attractions at WDW are for the entire family. I think reading one of the guides & seeing some pictures really helps!

I have been in your shoes! :blush: It can be so much fun, but also a little hairy at times! I hope you have a fantastic trip!

sassafras
12-11-2007, 06:43 AM
A bottle of Aloevera gel in case of sunburn?

SignguyTom
12-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Excellent stuff!

Just to clarify - Our trip is in May. Our 'survival kit' will be a Christmas gift.

...Keep 'em coming...!!

AuntDJ
12-11-2007, 09:18 AM
ALong the lines of the guidebook, Birnbaums makes a really good, Disney for kids by kids book, it is in simple words and lots of pics...I get it for the first trip of each kid.

Also, our trip isn't until June and we are already collecting pennies and quarters...

DJ

JPL
12-11-2007, 09:37 AM
An Autograph Book
A Disney Gift card

mudpuppysmom
12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I know it's a bit pricey, but how about a Pal Mickey for the kids?

Also, if someone is there currently or there in the next week, maybe they could mail you park maps?? I usually ask my cousin to send us park maps a month or so before our trip so DS can look them over and we get an idea of what he would like to see while we're there. It is fun to see how each trip he changes what he likes.

PrincessEmmasMommy
12-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I think some flavored (crystal lite or proppel) drop ins for water bottles. We loved these. What about Neck coolers too?!?
Great idea!
Jen

tys_mommy
12-12-2007, 10:51 AM
asprin

Hidden Mickey book

azdisneymom
12-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Some good suggestions here. I would add a custom map that you order from Disney.com. It is too late for the survival kit but it would make a nice gift.

Survival kit ideas:
hats for the kids
thermometer and motrin (hopefully you won't use these)
Disney Dollars for the kids to spend.

That's my 2 cents worth. Have fun putting the kit together.

playdead88
12-13-2007, 06:10 AM
how about the disney planning dvd? i don't think it will come in time for xmas but if you already have one that would be great to put in the survival box - what a cool idea for a xmas gift! :mickey: