PDA

View Full Version : My brain is not working ---- Reward card question.

Sunshine1010
12-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I have a Reward card. It states that it expires in December 2008.

Starting January, I plan on using my Disney card for most purchases, bill paying, etc.....to receive the dollars I 'earn'.

But - if the card expires in December....and I don't go until January 2009...what do I do?

1. Can I transfer the points to a new card?
2. Do I get a new card now, so all points won't be expired to an even later date?
3. If I got another card now, when would the expiration date be?
4. Can I even have another card?

.....basically....what do I do if I'm not going until AFTER December 2008?

Thanks in advance.

Sunshine1010
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I may have just figured out my own question:

Is the 'trick' to not having expired points to NOT transfer the points onto the card UNTIL I go on the trip?

If that is true --- then in December, when my card expires...do I order a new one, or do they automatically send me a new one like a credit card?

Zimkeeper
12-10-2007, 04:33 PM
You do not "have" to order a new Rewards Card just because the old one has expired. I would just wait until about a month before your next trip then order your new Rewards Card. The points will remain on your account with an expiration date way out in the future (a few years I think) until you transfer them to your new Rewards Card.
We ordered our card in November 07 for our January 08 trip and the expiration date is 12/08 So if you wait untill this time next year, your new card will expire 12/09.
Unfortunately the points on your current Rewards Card will expire 12/08 and you can't extend them. But you can use them to pay for your trip if you book before 12/08.

WishingStar2006
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
You will have to order a new rewards card because the one you have, and any leftover points, will expire 12/08.

Around November 2008, order your new Rewards Card (I think you have to transfer 20 points to get a new card, maybe 10) that will come in December and then in January, before your trip, you can transfer all of your reward points.

ALSO, FYI there are a few Rewards Centers at WDW, I know for sure there is one at DTD. If you should forget your card, forget to order one or forget to transfer points, you can go to the Rewards Center and they can issue you a card and transfer your points right there.

Happy Planning!

faline
12-11-2007, 06:42 AM
My understanding is that you can you two active rewards cards in your possession at any point in time.

Keep in mind that any points you put on a card will expire with the card. For example, you transfer 100 points in November of 2008 to the card expiring in December of 2008. If you don't use those points by the end of December 2008, you will lose them when the card expires.

If your next trip is some time in 2009, I'd order a new card some time toward the later part of 2008. Transfer the minimum amount of points to your new card and transfer the remaining points just before your trip.

To my knowledge, new rewards cards are not sent automatically. You would need to request one.

brownie
12-11-2007, 09:49 AM
You can have up to 2 reward cards at one time. Order a new one closer to your trip and put your points on that one. If you have any points left on the other card that expires 12/2008, make sure you use them prior to its expiration or you lose the points.

disney323
12-11-2007, 10:23 PM
If you have any dollars on a reward card and you don't use them, they will expire and they can not be transfered to another card. We don't usually get a card until we get to disney. If you go to downtown disney and customer relations, they will give you a new card and all you have to do is call the 800 number and talk to the person for 2 or 3 minutes and the will put all or part of your reward dollars on that new card to use. If you choose to only do part of your rewards and you run short, just call and you can put more on. Just make sure that you will use all before the card expires.