PDA

View Full Version : Hayden's Magical Character Menagerie Day 6

Hayden's Dad
12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Day 6 - no specific park day

We got up early again (big surprise huh) for breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We hopped the bus to MK and then the monorail to the Contemporary. We checked in and had our picture taken. We actually bought these pictures Hayden looked so cute. We put him in his Halloween outfit so he was dressed like Mickey and his eyes were wide open. Breakfast was good I like the open space of the resraunt and the characters were really good, especially Donald, who wasn't very happy to see Hayden dressed like Mickey :blush:. Hayden got another cupcake and a we all got placemats that had been signed. After breakfast we headed over to the MK we had lunch reservations at Cinderellas royal table. When we got off the monorail Eva went down to the Ferry launch and asked one of the pilots if they had any of the trading cards. He said he had some on the boat and went and got her all the ferries, :thumbsup:now all we need are the monorails.
When we first got there we saw Horace and Clarabelle together, but we had gotten them on a previous trip so we checked the other side of Town Square where we saw Chicken Little (Hayden's first disney movie), Mary Poppins and Bert, and then Pinnochio. Unfortunately Horace and Clarabelle were already gone by the time we got back to them, but the others were more important.
This was also day they were taping the entertainment for the parade so the park was moderately crowded, but not to bad. We jumped the train at Main Street and headed over to Fronteirland to bypass the crowds on Main Street. Here Hayden and I got a magical picture done of the two of us fighting Captain Hook! :thumbsup: We also walked down to the entrance to Adventureland where we saw Timon and Rafiki posing for pictures so we got in line. I asked the CM if any other characters were going to be out and she said Baloo would be out in just a few minutes. So we waited a minute or two and got our pictrues with Timon and Rafiki together, and then with Baloo. (Baloo signed his "Your Papa Bear Baloo" The CM with him said he never signs like that :thumbsup:) By now it is time to head back up to the castle for lunch so we take the long way around Adventureland and through Liberty Square. We were going to ride HM again, but it was having technical difficulties and was down.
They had the castle roped off to the carousel so we had to wait unitl a little before our reservations to get in. When we checked in they told us our reservations were actually for 12:30 not 1:30 like we thought. :(. Fortunately we just had to wait a little bit and they let us in. The photopass photographer remembered Hayden from our last two meals there. After our pictures we had to wait just a little bit, but apparently it was long enough that the host came over to us and gave us three free fastpasses since we had to wait. Once they called us we rode the elevator up and were seated right up front. First came Aurora and she stayed long enough to say hi and sign our book, then Snow White did the same. Fortunately both Jasmine, and Belle made up for it and spent a good amount of time with us. We got another pair of champagne flutes for our anniversary (we have a set of six now :D) a birthday card for Hayden, and another cupcake (We have a nice collection of candles now).
After lunch we decided to stay in MK and we made our way over to tomorrowland where we were met by the Dream Team!! They thought Hayden was adorable and played with him while I traded pins with them. What did we win you ask NOTHING!! :rotfl: This was the third time we had this happen to us. Talk about a tease, it's okay that's not why we went down there. We rode Buzz again, this time I got to ride with Hayden. Then we rode the Carousel of Progress, and the TTA. I know these are small rides, but I love them. I love seeing Tomorrowland lit up with all the neon at night. We got a few photopasses pictures with the castle all lit up and then it was time to head to the Luau at the Polynesisan.
We hoped the monorail and headed down to the Luau Cove. We had great seats, dead center, first table, bottom level. I loved the dancing, but the story made very little sense to me and I still don't know what we tipped our waiter 18% for. This was the only time I questioned that every other meal they deserved it. The only other thing I did not like was the pack of college girls serveal rows down from us treating the male dancers like they were a part of Chippendales show some respect. Anyway I enjoyed the show but I am not sure I would do it again, like I said we were on the upgraded dining plan so really we didn't have to pay for it, but I can understand being disappointed if I had to schuck out the cash for it. This was also where we got to spread a little magic of our own. We had one of the pixie dust pins that one of the Guest Services gave us you know one you keep and one you give away. While we were waiting to go in a little girl and her family were waiting beside us. She was adorable dressed very nicely. By now Hayden's chair was covered in buttons we had collected and she asked he dad where all her buttons were, that he (hayden) had buttons and she didn't have any. So Eva gave her the pixie dust pin, I was so proud of her and the little girl was ecstatic.
After dinner we headed back to the hotel. No problems this time. When we got back we started repacking for our trip home, but we still had one more breakfast to go to. :D

RedheadWriter
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
WOW! What a day!!!!!:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
12-10-2007, 11:24 AM
After two trip so far this year and one coming in just three days, I have only seen one member of the dream team. She was standing on the adventureland side of the castle as you come off the trail from the castle. She was just standing there. She was answering some questions from some other guests. She said hello to us as we walked by, but that was it.

Another magical day!! Love those pixie dust pins. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

KylesMom
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Chef Mickey's was our first character meal with DS, so it holds a special place in our hearts. I'm glad you enjoyed your time there!

What another great day of character interaction. I don't want your trip reports to end! :(

faline
12-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh no! Your trip is almost over!

You certainly do find lots and lots of characters!

It was nice of your to give a pin to that little girl!

AbeeNormal
12-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I too like the others am a little :cry: about your trip ending, but wasn't it wonderful:fworks:, you three have done and seen so much. You can really go home thinking we didn't miss a thing.

With prayers,thoughts & :pixie::pixie: I look forward to reading all about your next trip with Hayden.:heart:

BronxTigger
12-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow...if I am this sad about your trip coming to an end, I can't imagine how you must have felt!

Thanks for sharing your reports with us!

pdrlkr
12-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Jeff
12-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

disneydeb
12-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for sharing a bit of your world with us.:mickey:

joanna71985
12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Another awsome segment.:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Another day full of lots of character fun. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Hair_Razor
12-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I love that your wife gave the little girl the pin how magical. I think half the fun of receiving all those magical moments is paying it forward as they say. My son was able to share a page from his autograph book to a girl who didn't have one so she could get Smee and Cap.Hooks autograph. It's one of my favourite magic moments. I loved reading your trip report I glad you had such a wonderful time!! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
12-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Sounds like another great day. Thanks for sharing.