PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Disney decorating/Do you have any theme rooms?

McLiberal8
12-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Hello all!

My hubby and I just bought our new apartment. We don't have much money, but I would love to have at least one Disney themed room... does anyone here have any Disney theme rooms? I would love to see pictures! Or just decscribe what you did with your room ;)

Anyone have tips for decorating in Disney for a low price? Or know any shops online with cheap Disney art/decor?

Thank you!

vizsla
12-10-2007, 05:39 AM
We have a finished basement which we call "Walt's Room." Everything in the room is Disney. We have our snowglobe collection on shelfs, some cells and lithographs on the walls, Mickey blankets and pillows on the couch, a train platform with the WDW railroad and some of the buildings along with the monorail, etc. The list is to long to name all the items, but that will give you a general idea.

WishingStar2006
12-10-2007, 07:46 AM
I have a Mickey and Minnie kitchen, which may be your cheapest room to decorate in a disney theme.

The walls are Disney red (you can get Disney paint at Home Depot). I have "Mickey's Parts" (hands, pants, shoes, Mickey head) drawer pulls, oven mits, tea pot, utencils, clock, bulletin board, dishes, bowls, cookie jars, pot hanging rack. Then to round it out I have red pots and pans, black handled flatware, black napkin holder and a black toaster oven. My appliances happen to be black, so that worked well.

You can find lots of the items I mentioned on line but the best is a trip to WDW...I know that may not be in the budget, since you just bought your apartment, but any excuse is a good excuse.

Congrats on your new home!

kakn7294
12-10-2007, 08:11 AM
My dining room is the most Disney-themed room in my house. The walls are burgundy on the bottom and white on the top with a chair rail and crown molding. Below the crown molding is a floral wallpaper border. Pretty average so far but then on the walls are 2 Lion King plates, 8 Little Mermaid plates, a Little Mermaid framed print, and the Lenox Disney spice jars and rack. There's a pencil tree in the corner that is themed to Disney Princess (mostly Ariel) and Tinkerbell. About half of my Little Mermaid figurine / snowglobe collection resides on a bookshelf and several other furniture pieces in the room. Most of the other half is on the computer desk in my family room.

buzznwoodysmom
12-10-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't have any disney rooms in our current home, but my kids have asked for a "disney world" playroom in the new house. I don't think I'll do an over the top disney themed room, but I am bidding on a really cool set of four park posters on ebay. There are several sets up for auction. The set includes one poster for each park. I'll have these posters framed and hang them on the wall. I also plan to have a few shelves to display our WDW snowglobes. The boys are going to have a sofa in their playroom/living room so I'll try and find some kind of disney decorative pillows and a disney throw blanket. They will also have a desk in this room. The desk is going to be in a cubby in thier room (think closet without doors--that's kind of how it looks). I am trying to find a Space Mountain poster and a Tower of Terror poster (these are each of their favorite rides) to frame and hang over their desk. Hopefully the boys will love it and it will be "disney" enough for them! Congrats on the new home and have fun decorating!!

Diznee4Me
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Our kitchen. We have an older house so there is a fireplace in the kitchen. Our DD painted the detailed woodwork black, yellow and red. I have two signed John Hench prints, matted and framed hanging over the firplace and on the wall beside it. The wife has assorted red pot holder, mits, etc. on the walls and the curtains are red with the three circle Mickey Icon. The hutch in the kitchen hold assorted Disney paraphanalia - Christmas tree cookie jar, Mickey and Minnie holding a plate (for cookies), WDW coffee cups, some of the nicer ornaments, decanter set - you name it.

We are in the process of painting the furniture red, with black trim and are going to - at some point - redo the counter tops.

MMouse6937
12-10-2007, 10:43 AM
My kitchen/dining room are Mickey themed. My cabinets are red with black trim. My DH stamped yellow mickey heads in the corners. The trim on the door is red. I have lithographs, plates, food items (mickey macaroni, etc) up on the walls and shelves. Yellow countertops, mickey towels, rug, pot holders, etc. Mickey yellow walls. The dining room table has red legs as well as the chairs. Big Mickey rug under the table. I have a cabinet against the wall that has the the 100 years of magic toys from Mcdonalds in it (yes, all 100). All of the rooms in my house have something mickey, but that's the one with the most theming. Good luck decorating, Mickey's the most fun to decorate with! :mickey: