PDA

View Full Version : February Packing

bshaw96
12-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I need help knowing how to pack for a February trip. We've never been anytime when it wasn't 95 degrees out. Shorts, tank tops, and sandals were all we needed. I'm at a loss for how to pack for February (8-15). Everything from shorts to sweatshirts??

DisneyTwirler13!
12-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Welllll..... you could.....
I would advise you to be prepared. It can be quite warm, or a little chilly. You can't really tell. So pack shirts and shorts, but be sure to tuck in a few jackets and pairs of jeans, just in case. (take this from a native)

disneymom15
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I would pack for warm and cold weather. My experience for Dec and Feb, we will wear warm weather clothes for the day and head back to the resort for pants and a jacket.

Maleficent's Dad
12-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Packing for February is not an easy task.

This past February, we took a Wishes Cruise and temps were hovering around freezing (literally). We had blankets piled on us!

Same trip - some days temps were in mid-80's. It's maddening trying to pack for that type of temperature variation!!!

meandmydog1
12-09-2007, 11:35 PM
It can be 45 degrees no problem. Take warm jackets and be prepared to do some laundry if its one way or the other most of the time you are there. Bring shorts and tees but also jeans and sweats and a warm jacket. Have fun!

faline
12-10-2007, 07:24 AM
February can be all over the map. I have pictures from one trip in February where we are wearing jeans and sweats one day; shorts, the next; and back to jeans and sweats the following day.

In that same trip, we spent a lot of time at the pool for a couple of days and it even went into the 80s. After that, we avoided the pool as even daytime temperatures didn't get warm enough until it was almost time for us to come home.

Evenings can slip close to freezing or even slightly below.

Be prepared for everything!

mouseketeer mom
12-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Packing for February is not an easy task.

This past February, we took a Wishes Cruise and temps were hovering around freezing (literally). We had blankets piled on us!

Same trip - some days temps were in mid-80's. It's maddening trying to pack for that type of temperature variation!!!

I'm with you! We had a Wishes cruise this past Feb. also and we were FREEZING! I think we were the only boat parked for the fireworks. I thought it was really tricky not only figuring out what to pack, but figuring out what to wear on any given day. Temps fluctuated so very much. We'd be freezing at the bus stop in the am, then sweating at noon and freezing at dinnertime. Some days it never warmed up, some days it was warm all day! Soo..my point is, you need everything.

ibrowse17
12-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Last Feb we went from wearing sweats and coats to t-shirts and shorts all in one week, so be prepared for anything.:thumbsup:

plutogal27
12-10-2007, 10:28 AM
We'll be there from 2/10-2/17. The weather sounds a lot like here in TX. What kind of rainfall should we expect?

faline
12-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Typically February doesn't get lots of rain.

MONTH FEBRUARY
TEMPERATURE (AVERAGE) - HIGH: 73ºf / 23ºc
TEMPERATURE (AVERAGE) - LOW: 50ºf / 10ºc
RAINFALL (AVERAGE) - IN INCHES: 3.0
COMMENT ABOUT THE MONTH: Crowds still quite small, until mid-Feb.

That said, we went to the Daytona 500 a few years ago and the race ended early due to rain - resulted in a change to Nascar rules!

Disney Doll
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
We always go the week before President's Day and the best tip I can offer would be to dress in layers. Unless you are really warm natured I'd leave the shorts at home. Most days I wear jeans, short sleeves, and a sweatshirt or jacket. Mornings and evenings can be pretty cool. By afternoon I tie the sweatshirt or jacket around my waist. I also bring my heavy coat just in case. There have been times when I needed it.