PDA

View Full Version : contemporary resort

mouselover93
12-09-2007, 07:03 PM
just got back and were planning next years trip hows the contemporary resort:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-09-2007, 07:18 PM
We just got back from the Contemporary resort 2 wks ago. It was our first stay and I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would. We were all happily surprised. Its a high energy, busy, in the heart of it all, place. We stayed for 5 nights before we moved to the Poly. I don't know that I would ever stay there for our entire vacation, I think I would always pair it with a split stay at a more relaxing resort. I think we all said "aaaah" when we arrived at the Poly, its so much more relaxing at a resort like that! However-heres what we loved..
We loved the location. We walked and monorailed most of the time to whereever we were going.
We loved the view. I felt like I could reach out and touch the castle. We watched the fireworks from our bed a few times!
We loved the food. Concourse and Chef Mickeys were delish
We loved having our room a few floors above Chef Mickeys. Our kids saw the characters constantly. It added to the magic.
We loved the big rooms. We loved the style of the rooms.
We loved being at an "original" Disney resort. I loved that the most.
I think its worth a try of staying there. I'm glad we did!

Von-Drake
12-10-2007, 07:45 AM
The CR has always been my favorite resort. Stayed there a lot as a child and once a few years ago. After our trip this coming April, we might really focus on saving up for a long stay there. I guess with my budget, sometimes I have a hard time justifying the rate for the room.

DawsonAR
12-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I never really had the desire to stay there. However, in November I had a conference there. We fell in love with it. It is MUST do again sometime in the near future. We loved the views, room design and convience. I would highly recommend it.

#1donaldfan
12-10-2007, 12:32 PM
IMHO...I think it's too "hotelish"......I like the feel of the "resorts" much better......eg. POR, POL.....my mother stayed there 2 years ago and we visited her several times....I just didn't like the "feel" of it.....don't get me wrong it was very nice and very close to MK and on the monorail line......:thumbsup:

thejens
12-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I had the best of both worlds. We stayed at the AKL, but my Mom and sister stayed at the Contemporary. Therefore we both got to check out each resort. We all loved the Disney feel of Contemporary. I can't put my finger on it, maybe it is the slightly goofy futuristic feel or the fact that you can see the Magic Kingdom. The staff there were very very friendly. Much more so than at the AKL. We loved the view of the MK and fireworks from the room. Cali Grill is AWESOME! It is very fun to roll out of bed, slip on your sneakers, and hop onto the monorail in the lobby! That being said, the pool is not very nice, especially compared to the other deluxe resorts and the theming is definitely a bit sterile compared to other resorts. I think I'd like to stay there myself some time! Maybe after they renovate the pool??? If they by any chance add some time shares, excuse me, DVC villas there, I would think they would have to spiff up the pool. Just my thoughts.