PDA

View Full Version : Walking to the Campfire?

MissTink
12-09-2007, 05:44 PM
We're taking a trip down to the World the end of January and staying at the WL. I definately want to go to the campfire one of the nights, my question is it walkable with DD5 from the WL? Whats the best way to get there? I remember going when I was a kid but we stayed in FW and just took the golf cart. I'm super excited about taking her, I know she'll love it :mickey:

faline
12-09-2007, 05:47 PM
To my knowledge, the path form Wilderness Lodge to the Fort Wilderness is not lit at night.

I'd suggest taking the bus to Fort Wilderness and then the internal Fort Wilderness bus to the Meadows campfire location.

ibrowse17
12-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Agreed. The path is almost a mile, and as stated, unlit at night. I would ride the bus or catch a boat. Either way, have a great time. The campfire movie is a lot of fun:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
To my knowledge, the path form Wilderness Lodge to the Fort Wilderness is not lit at night.

I'd suggest taking the bus to Fort Wilderness and then the internal Fort Wilderness bus to the Meadows campfire location.

Yes that is how we got there......... Now it gets even better.... If you hop the bus from Wilderness Lodge it turns into the bus that you need to get to the camp fire......

:cop: :tigger:

russk42
01-29-2008, 07:27 AM
We've used the path at sunset, and it gets quite dark--very quickly, due to the heavy tree canopy. I'd recommend the boat, because you might see the water parade if you time it right

Pooh4Grumpy
02-09-2008, 10:40 PM
As of the 23 of Jan all the internal buses now go by and stop at the Meadows. The purple cabin loop bus is the one that changed, it goes as far as the Creekside camping then doubles back to the Fort Wilderness Trail pass the Meadows to the Settlement.