PDA

View Full Version : May good or bad?

EmporerStitch
12-09-2007, 03:05 PM
hi, my parents, myself, and my GF are planning a trip this may i was just wondering how bad the crowds and weather is. We just went on a trip in june and it wasnt bad just HOT. Oh btw we are planning May 9 thru 19. plz opinions, comments, thanks

meandmydog1
12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
It should be very nice. The crowds usually become bad right around Memorial Day and then on for the summer. Have fun!

faline
12-09-2007, 04:51 PM
The time you've picked is one of my favorite times to visit! Crowds are generally very manageable! Weather is hot and humid but there is usually not much rain. Also, the Flow & Garden Festival is occurring at that time.

The one downside is the appearance of the love bugs. Generally, you hardly know they're around but there have been some heavy infestations in the last year or so.

EmporerStitch
12-09-2007, 05:12 PM
love bugs???? i didnt mind the crowds in june so this may be a nice time to go. i got rain on one day last time and it didnt bother me one bit, just had to ride primeval whirl a few times and spin dry

chrisb26
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
We where there last year around that time and it wasn't bad at all. The crowds where pretty small it was a bit hot and humid but nothing too bad I've had much worse at different times of the year.

The love bugs where bad last year but I didn't notice them in the parks as much it was mostly driving around the resort. Love bugs are basically what they are called they are two small bugs and I'm sure you can figure the rest out ;) They are a bit annoying since some of them did land on us but nothing too major.

Overall we had a great time! The Flower and Garden Fest was awesome! I would defiently go again to that.

faline
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Love bugs are harmless bugs that emerge in May and September. Their sole purpose is to produce the next crop. They can be sometimes be annoying.

Tygger7
12-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey, that's when we'll be there! We love going in May...the weather is great and the crowds are light. Maybe we'll see you there!! :mickey:

EmporerStitch
12-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey, that's when we'll be there! We love going in May...the weather is great and the crowds are light. Maybe we'll see you there!! :mickey:

Hey maybe, it sounds like a great time to go, thank you for all the input

Christine
12-09-2007, 06:16 PM
We have gone several times in May. It's a lovely time to visit!

dolphinmickey9170
12-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I prefer May for many reasons. School hasn't been released yet so the crowds aren't as wild as July. It is hot, but not so oppressive that you can't breath (trust me on this one). I really love it!!

DDuck66
12-10-2007, 10:41 AM
We always go about that time in may and it is one of our favorite times. The weather is usually not that hot yet, but you will still need plenty of suntan lotion and cool clothes to wear as it still gets up in the 80's. The crowds are not bad and during the week they are usually relatively empty. the weekends are much more crowded and the later you get in may, the more schools let out. We will be there the 10th to the 17th at the POLY!!!!

Tink#64
12-11-2007, 12:41 AM
We have only visited WDW in May, & we love it! We usually go around the time that you will be leaving WDW. I'm not sure about the love bug situation, we've been 4 X in May & we've never known anything about it. Maybe we've just been lucky? :confused:

Last year, due to scheduling conflicts, we were unable to go until the last week of May. So lucky for us that we had the weekend prior to, and the week leading up to, the MD holiday weekend. Wow , NOTICEABLY more crowded. We will try to avoid holidays in the future. This trip was very manageble, but we noticed as soon as we arrived that there were ALOT more people - alot of schools were already out, & we heard that some people took them out for the last week. Our DS's still had a week to go after our return!

Other than the MD holiday, May is wonderful. Weather is mild to warm - daily high's in the 80's to low 90's has been our experience. We have averaged 1 rain event per trip, lasting maybe a couple of hours then gone! You will likely run into some school field trips in Epcot. Not to hard to work around though, and this is the only park we've experienced this in. The Flower & Garden Festival in Epcot is beautiful.

I hope you have a magical trip! :tink:

divinedi
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
We're going the first week in May, meeting my brother and his family from Vancouver, BC, glad to hear that it will be nice weather wise and not too crowded. Can't wait to see the Flower and Garden Festival, will be my first time to see it! Have fun on your trip.

Tinkerfreak
12-18-2007, 11:04 AM
DH and I were going to go in Feb. but my Dad had a stroke so we are putting the trip off because Mom won't be able to keep the kids. We went last year at the very end of April and found it hotter and more crowded than we are used to at the end of Oct. We were there during grad nights so MK was closed early all but one night we were there. We are considering going the beginning of May. The temps will probably still be a bit hotter than we would like but we can deal with it. I do wonder if the crowd levels will be much different though. Will the beggining of May be much diffrent than the end of April? It was low to mid 90's when we went in April, is that normal for that time of year?

DawsonAR
12-18-2007, 05:19 PM
To me that is one of the best times of the year to visit. It should be just about perfect!:number1: