PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express and luggage

JWDisneyFan
12-09-2007, 11:01 AM
We leave Tuesday and are using Magical Express which we have done before and really enjoy it. We have 4 suitcases to check, but are only putting the ME tags on 3 of them, and we want to pick one of them up at baggage claim as it has stuff we need in it immediately that we can't carry on. DH is worried that ME will take that suitcase too, but I said that if it doesn't have the yellow tag, then they won't take it. Am I right?

peemagg
12-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Yes you are correct. You would just go to baggage claims and pick up that one. At least that is my understanding of it.

mainemajor
12-09-2007, 12:06 PM
you got it. no tag no pick up, it's all yours. enjoy your trip:mickey:

JWDisneyFan
12-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks. That's what I thought, but just wanted to confirm!!

CleveRocks
12-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Remind your husband that baggage handlers aren't psychic! :elf:

The yellow tags are the only way that anyone knows a bag is a DME bag. Period.

MrsDevlin2007
12-09-2007, 04:44 PM
:) You're right! Also, we lucked out. Our flight got in at 9PM last Sunday and our luggage was to us by 11:45. I had heard horrors of people waiting as much as 5 hours to receive their bags.

CleveRocks
12-09-2007, 05:02 PM
:) You're right! Also, we lucked out. Our flight got in at 9PM last Sunday and our luggage was to us by 11:45. I had heard horrors of people waiting as much as 5 hours to receive their bags.Well, I've gotta say that such horrors really aren't horrors at all.

Disney specifically says to expect your luggage about 3 hours after you arrive at your resort. Let's say it takes you 90 minutes to get to your resort. Three hours after that will be 4.5 hours after you land. Another half-hour onto that isn't preferable, but it certainly isn't the makings of a horror story, either.

MrsDevlin2007
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
This was something I'd overheard, not something that I'd said myself. People were quite perturbed that they were waiting 5+ hours after arriving at the resort to receive their luggage and then not being told that they needed to call the luggage service to have it delivered when it arrived (as after 11PM is quiet time). I was quite happy with DME.