PDA

View Full Version : Caroleh's "I refuse to grow old" Magical Journey--Day 6 & 7

Caroleh
12-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Cast:
DH-Gilles
Me-Carol, the birthday girl!!!

Sidenote: for this trip I made little business card size note to thank different castmembers at random. The notes were different, but most of them said " We want to let you know how much we appreciate everything you do to make our vacation magical. Thank you!!" They were also decorated with small Disney stickers.

Thursday, Dec. 6

Today we wanted to just take it slow and easy, so we used the last of our CS points at The Roaring Forks for breakfast. After breakfast, my cell phone rang again(I think my cell phone rang more this week then it ever has, but it was all really good!!!), it was my good friend Pogo again to let me know he missed me here on the boards and to ask a favor from another one of my INTERCOT friends. Would it be really silly to say that while I was at WDW I miss my INTERCOTEE's and I really wanted them there with me?

We decided today to go to Disney Studios to see the rest of the park we didn't see on Tuesday and get pictures of the tree (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2095694366/). I also decided not to wear the birthday button, but still see if I could have the day I had before. We went down to the bus stop to wait for the bus, after waiting 1/2 hour for a bus to come only to take on very few people, because it was full, we had to wait another 15 minutes for the next one. I wasn't going to let a little delay get to me though...I was at WDW and it could be worse!!!! Finally we get there!!!

First things first, we wanted to see Indiana Jones. We missed this our first trip and Gilles is a big Indiana Jones fan. We grabbed fastpasses and headed out to kill the little time we had before the doors opened to get into the show. We watched the Jedi training for a little while, figured out where we were heading after the show and looked into the little kiosk's around the show area. Gilles was looking at the hats, which I offered to buy him, when the CM working there found him the size he needed. Gilles and the CM got talking about hats and the CM was showing Gilles different ones. Anyway, Gilles already has a Fedora and didn't want a new one, but since the CM really went out of his way to help us, Gilles asked me for a card and gave it to the CM..again a look of shock. Gilles said it really did feel good to make someones day. We got our seats for the show. I know for some of you this show needs something done, but for us first timers, it was really fun and interesting.

After the show we headed over to Muppets, Backlot Tours, then One Man's Dream, followed by Magic of Disney Animation, and last of all the Great Movie Ride.

We had ADR's at 6:30 for Brown Derby, so we did looked around in the shops, as we leaving one shop, we saw the street performers and decided to watch them..I was the Hollywood Public Works. This show was SO funny. We really did enjoy them!!! We still had about an hour and half to go before our ADR's and there wasn't much left to do, so we went to the Brown Derby to see if we could get in early. We were really lucky and got in!!!! We both had the crab cakes for starters, which were good, but still not as good as FF's. For entrées, I had the pork rib chop and Gilles had the fillet mignon. Both were very good!!!! On to the dessert, I had the grapefruit cake and Gilles had the truffle. Both were VERY good!!! Yet again, Thank you, Natazu!!!!:hug:

After dinner, we headed off to see the Osborne lights (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094917213/). You must see this, it is so cool, even Gilles was singing Christmas songs by the time we left!!! Next we headed over to see the second showing of Fantasmic. This is an amazing show!!! It is something we must see again!!

We were debating whether or not to go to Illuminations or go back to WL. We opted to go back to WL since we were tired. When we got back to our room, we could see the fireworks over the trees from our balcony. It was a perfect ending for the perfect vacation.

Friday, Dec. 7, day 7

Today we were going home. So it was a very sad day. We went to WCC for breakfast, it was okay. They were having problems in the kitchen, so not much of a choice of things to eat. After Gilles finished his waffle and I was half done, our server came out with the butter and syrup. We weren't really impressed with it, but we are understanding and would like to give it another chance another time. We went back to the room to finish packing, then walked around the grounds (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2095686786/) to take a few more pictures (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2095688324/) and to see if we could see the geyser (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2095687330/).

ME picked us up at 10 am to to take us to MCO. :(

Final thoughts: I really enjoyed the week and I strongly suggest you celebrate your birthday there, no matter what age!! I was getting birthday greetings from CM and guests alike.

The first week of Dec. is not slow, it was crowded. Everyday each park we were at was busier then it was in May.

We enjoyed talking to other people around us and taking time just to relax (even though Gilles was always wondering when we were relaxing, because I'm a little hyper!!!) We really didn't do a lot of the rides, and that was okay...it can be done another time. We also decided that we aren't really crazy about Disney Studios and it needs major changes.

WL is a great place to stay!!! It was a very relaxing resort!!!

We had a very magical trip and I wish everyone could have the trip we just had!!!

RedheadWriter
12-09-2007, 10:35 AM
What a magical:pixie: birthday and wonderful trip! I have been lucky to spend 2 birthdays at WDW and they were the best ever!
I really enjoyed all of your posts!
Rachel

amorillo
12-09-2007, 11:08 AM
It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I'd loved being able to check out your pics. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

AbeeNormal
12-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry your trip has come to an end, I really loved reading your reports, I hope I can return the favor in January.:thumbsup:

Happy Birthday again & Merry Christmas :snowman:

Christine
12-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Gosh Carol, you really did have a great trip! I'm glad you were there for your birthday (and thanks for trying to help me out on my favor! :blush:)
:hug:

ElenitaB
12-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Carol, your last day sounds wonderful! :cloud9: I agree that Disney Studios needs some kind of overhaul, but I can't put my figure on what. There are some great attractions there, but as a whole, it's missing a little pizazz. That's a fabulous picture of the Osborne Lights!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us... you were definitely missed while you were gone, but considering where you were, we were willing to make the sacrifice of not having you around! :mickey:

faline
12-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry your trip has ended. I've greatly enjoyed your report. I'm sure you upbeat style of approaching life helped you enjoy your trip very much!

pogo
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Carol and Gilles... We are so happy for you two being able to be at WDW to celebrate your special birthday in style. One day we hope to do WDW at Christmas time too. :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. We loved all your photo's and reports.

See you in "JQ" ! :D

mickey&missy
12-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Carol, I'm so glad your birthday trip was so magical! Your such a sweetie, you deserve it! I really enjoyed reading your trip reports and seeing your pictures, thanks for sharing!!!

kakn7294
12-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Sounds like you had a really great trip and a definately a magical birthday. I loved your reports and the pictures. Thanks for sharing! I agree with you about the crowds in December. I was shocked last year when we went that same week - I was expecting crowds like we had the year before in September yet those December crowds rivaled some of the summer days we've spend at WDW - minus the heat and humidity of course (which I actually missed)!

disneydrmr
12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks for sharing your reports and pictures! I'm sad that your trip ended but glad you are back cause you have been missed in JQ! :D

offwego
12-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Thank you so much for your reports! It was a lot of fun to enjoy your birthday with you.

The pictures were fantastic.

dolphinmickey9170
12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the wonderful reports and pictures!! Thanks for sharing your birthday with us. I felt as though we were right there with you, getting those birthday calls, handing out appreciation cards and enjoying yourselves. :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

disneydeb
12-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Carol, Thank you for the wonderful reports! I've truly enjoyed reading them. I can not wait to take my DGS in a couple of years. I would love to go at Christmas again!

Mickey'sGirl
12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
What a fabulous birthday week you had!!! and you tried so many of my favourite restaurants (Marrakesh, Kona and Brown Derby) -- Creme Brulee is really worth the calories, isn't it??? Thanks for sharing your holiday with us! :hug:

Dsnygirl
12-11-2007, 10:32 PM
:mickey: Carol, I am SO glad you had such a terrific trip... it sounds like it was even better than you anticipated, and it is GREAT when that happens. Thanks for sharing everything with us!! :)

realtreebar
12-14-2007, 12:01 AM
thanks for sharing! "gotta love :mickey:"