PDA

View Full Version : how many pictures do you usually take?

butterfly18237
12-09-2007, 12:30 AM
I was just wondering between the parks, and resorts. How many pictures do you usually take?
We will be there in a week yay. So we will be there during christmas time.

berri_boo
12-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I love photography so I usually take a bunch of pictures. Last year on our trip to WDW (which was our honeymoon & also my first time here) I took about 2,000 pictures myself. This year I took about 1,000. I don't usually take the typical pictures though...I love doing candid, fun shots. I also do a lot of flower photography (in macro mode) while at the resorts & parks.

PirateLover
12-09-2007, 01:00 AM
This time around I only took about 400. I filmed a lot more. Gotta love digital cameras though! I think between my boyfriend and I, we were definitely in the thousands on one of our trips. We just took pictures of everything. Usually we buy an album that fits 200, and get the best shots and the ones including us printed. The rest we save on CD. Being that it's Christmas time, there is so many things you will want to take pictures of, especially if you visit resorts. Be prepared with batteries!

McGoofy
12-09-2007, 01:40 AM
The answer to your question has certainly changed over the years for me. Not too long ago, I was looking back at the very first trip to WDW that my DH and I took together as a married couple back in 1994. I did not have a digital camera then. I took maybe 15-20 pictures for the whole trip. (Fortunately, one of those photos is a shot that I could never get again...a photo of 20,000 Leagues area taken from the Skybucket.) The total amount of pictures included all of our days at MK, Epcot, and MGM. I still can't believe that I have so few pictures. Then in 2000 we took our DS for the first time. That took probably one whole roll of film! By 2004, I was then using 3 rolls of Advantix film, which required APS photoprocessing and was getting very expensive. Along came digital camera into our lives at this time!! At first, I was still conservative with the amount of pictures that I took. However, fast forward to present day...I take pictures of everything. So many things come and go at Disney, so it's nice to be able to look back and see the changes over the years. I am a big nostalgia buff. In my trip report from November, I posted on Intercot a total of 311 pictures that I have on Webshots, and that's just the pics that I made public. There were still a lot more that I didn't share. Now the big question is...how many photos actually get printed??!!!:mickey:

playdead88
12-09-2007, 07:53 AM
we take a ton of pics - but we also video a lot - plus i use those pics for so much throughout the year - like for gifts - i made my parents a calendar, and a dvd slide show on one of those digital picture websites - they loved it - and also we love photopass we got a dvd made of all the pics through the disney photopass website and that turned out cool so i suppose we are disney photo geeks :photo:

disneymom2000
12-09-2007, 07:57 AM
I usually take around 350, which includes some from the airport because it is pretty neat there. But since this is my first Christmas there, I bought a digital card that will hold 1000 and also bought the photopass special in advance. I plan on having a lot of pictures this time around.:cloud9:

Speedy1998
12-09-2007, 08:03 AM
100 - 200 with my 35mm SLR (Other than the professional stuff, digital cameras just can not match the performance yet). 500+ with the digital camera, and about 100 with disposable cameras.

princessjojo
12-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Our first trip, we took about 350, but only because I killed the camera during the trip. Our last trip was well over 500 and 2 days we didn't take the camera out because of downpours of rain, there was a tropical storm passing over. Yes we still went out to the parks, but ran around them all day and spent close to $20 drying our shoes out each day.

Altair
12-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Slow down and think about what you are photographing before you hit the shutter release. Good composition is much more important than how many you can take. :photo:

BelleandtheBeast
12-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Anywhere from 500 to 1,000 pictures.:mickey:

HOLITRIN
12-09-2007, 04:05 PM
We used to take a lot of still pictures, but the one thing that is missing is keeping memories straight when looking at them years later. (That's what happens when you get older - LOL!)

So now, I only take video. I get to re-capture all the wonderful sites and sounds we experienced and I feel its even better doing this than a regular picture. I average about 4 - 6 hours of video each trip. :cloud9:

mainstreet1997
12-09-2007, 06:40 PM
This thread makes me feel so much better! Just got home today (missing my 80 degrees and sunshine - why do I live here??) and over a week I took over 400 pictures. Took about 60 during the fireworks at MVMCP - one of which I may never get again. At the last second the fireworks go off and the castle lights up. Will post soon. Took about 50 during Illuminations. On Thursday I went for a walk by myself around World Showcase. It was a perfect beautiful sunny blue sky day and I got some amazing shots of the pavillions. And took a few more on the walk back down Boardwalk. Of course I tried to take a few of Osborne Lights too. Still need to practice with Christmas lights. It hink I took about 50 of the castle too but unfortunately pictures cant caputre how amazing that was!

kakn7294
12-09-2007, 07:22 PM
About 500 - 600, sometimes more. many are repeats from year to year but at least 75% include my family in some way or another. A lot are pictures of the girls with the characters or in similar poses as previous years. I do take more now with a digital camera than I did with a film camera but I always took alot even with the film camera too - probably about 250 - 350.

chrisb26
12-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I usually take around 1000 each trip. I just take pictures of everything I see that I say hey thats neat. You dont realize how quickly it adds up and before you know it you've taken 1000 pictures :D But as another poster said things at Disney are changing all the time so I guess its better to have a bunch of pictures of the same thing then miss out on something because you wanted to save space on your memory card :D

jrpersinger
12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
As DH says, WAY TO MUCH! LOL

Typically, I take around 1000ish. Last time, I had just got a new cam (Canon XTi) and really found some great shots with it so I was closer to 3000. But I ended up deleting the majority and kept about 1500.

I love photography, so I can easily take pictures all day -- everyday. So no matter where I go, I take to much. LOL

IloveJack
12-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Dh and I took over 1000 on our last trip. Then we added PP pics on top of that. I think I printed the majority of them, and actually had them scrapbooked within the next week! Of course, I'm a teacher, it was summertime, and I have no kids. :blush:

Not2Loud
12-10-2007, 03:59 PM
We average about 200 per day while there.

berri_boo
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, this trip we just returned from I took about 900 and DH took about 30...yes...just 30. I took a bunch of videos too. I big difference from last year.

On the other hand....we had Photopass take 689 pictures in the 17 days we were there (with only 15 days spent in the parks)!!

Crystal Palace
12-17-2007, 11:00 AM
My mom and I went in October for the first time ever, and between the two of us, we had around 400 pictures. That reminds me, I need to get them developed!:mickey:

BMan62
12-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Unbelievable! I can't see how you see any of the parks if you are so busy snapping pictures.

I tend to take, what I think, is a lot of pictures and that would average around 300 on an 8 day trip. Mostly of parades - at least one of each float and the characters in between - and decorations - when applicable. Any more than that and I think I am spending too much time looking at the camera viewfinder and missing the actual event.

Cinderelley
12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
On my first couple of trips, it was over 2000. Now it's a little over 1000. I have enough shots of the fireworks and parades that I don't need to retake those. Plus, on the trips with my friends, I tend to take fewer pictures than the trips with my kids.

Tink#64
12-19-2007, 12:13 AM
We probably take somewhere around 300! We usually buy one of the albums that hold 200 so this & the photos we choose to print is what I'm going by here. I just know we've filled the memory cards the past 2 trips & had to stop & have them downloaded to a disc to free up a card for more pic taking! Last year we did this in Epcot!
But just today I bought a new camcorder & I can't wait until our next trip! Our old one was too big & problematic to lug around. But not now! I can't wait. We did some videos on our camera previously - but now! Whoo Hoo! :woohoo:

I LOVE pictures! :photo: And WDW pix are the best! :mickey:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
12-19-2007, 03:07 PM
On our last trip I took over 1600. We take a laptop so I download the photos to it everyday and have a look at what I have shot.

SignguyTom
12-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I usually take 200-300 pics a day at first, then less and less as the trip goes on and we're repeating parks, etc...

rcaide
12-19-2007, 04:13 PM
We just got back last Friday. We took over 1,000 pictures but mostly that was because we had a new camera and my husband was enjoying fiddling with the setting. He also took some movies.

Diznee4Me
12-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Between 300-400 for me. I find that I focus on something different each year. Last year I took a lot of E:E. This year it was the icicle lit Cindy Castle and Morocco. :confused:

The family also gets a lot of photo time. The last couple of years I have also taken an underwater camera for the pool and then bought the photopass CD so thee are photos of us together.