PDA

View Full Version : Caroleh's "I refuse to grow old" Magical Journey--Day 5

Caroleh
12-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Cast:
DH-Gilles
Me-Carol, the birthday girl!!!

Sidenote: for this trip I made little business card size note to thank different castmembers at random. The notes were different, but most of them said " We want to let you know how much we appreciate everything you do to make our vacation magical. Thank you!!" They were also decorated with small Disney stickers.

Wednesday, Dec. 5

It's off to MK today!!! Armed with my birthday button and my cards (I forgot to hand them out yesterday, I'm calling it excitement!!!), at 9:30 it was off to MK. As we were going into the park, the security guard said happy birthday!! We had a photopass CM take our picture in front of the castle, then it was off to Toontown. I promised a postcard from a princess to a friend, so it was off to get Aurora's autograph..I'm not a princess type person, so no photo's.:blush: Next we headed to the Judge's tent and the only one there was Mickey (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094918967/). Which was great, because I got to thank him for my birthday card!!!

We stopped to look at Minnie's house and I discovered Minnie and I have something in common..we're both quilters!!!! We made it through Minnie's house and it was off to HH, but wait, who do I see? My buddy, Donald Duck!!! I have to stop and get a picture (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094919675/)!!! We finally get to HH, the improvements in it is really great!!! We weren't impressed last year when we went though it, but decided to give another try and we're glad we did!!!

Next we took a leisurely ride on the Liberty Belle, since we missed it last year. We stood next to a couple from Florida that was visiting the parks also. We were talking about how crowded the parks were and they said that it was crazy this year. We talked to them during the whole ride, it was really a nice time!!!

By now it was lunch time, so we headed over to Pecos Bill's . I had a hamburger and fries and Gilles had a taco salad..not bad for a CS. The best CS's in our opinion is at AK and WS in Epcot, something more then burgers and sandwiches. We still want to try Columbia House.

We headed off to POC, to ride again today...we were making up for what we missed last year!!! Plus, I really like looking at Capt. Jack!!! There was a few minutes wait which I thought would be worse!! Next we headed to JC, the stand-by line said 35 minutes, so we thought what the heck. The FP's were available at 1:15-2:15, which was about an hour away. At 1:10 we finally made it to the ride. This line was the slowest we had the entire trip.

Next we headed off to Tink's Treasures to get my DD her Christmas present!! While we were checking out the CM wished me a happy birthday, so I gave her one of my cards and she had this shocked look on her face, and thanked me for it. The look on her face was on of the best reactions I had during the whole trip!!! I was feeling really good that I could give somebody a very good day, but it didn't prepare me for what was next. Next was Sir Mickey's, I found a tshirt and a postcard that I wanted. When I was paying for it, the CM wished me a happy birthday and was joking around with me, when a couple of more staff members came to the check-out. One of the ladies, that looked like she was in charge said something to one of CM's and the next thing I know I was getting the telephone handed to me, it was another birthday greeting from Goofy...hummmm, I think he was following me!!!! After we finished paying I gave all 4 staff members one of my cards, and I really couldn't believe what happened next!! The original clerk that was helping me had tears in her eyes and asked if she could give me a hug. I said yes, and all 4 of them gave me and Gilles a hug and thanked us. It brought tears to my eyes that something that small made those wonderful CM's so happy!!! Gilles was smiling with pride!!!

We found a spot for the parade and again was talking to another guest as we were waiting. We really enjoyed talking to everyone!! Where else in the world can you talk to complete strangers and they don't think your weird? During the parade I got a few more birthday greetings from CM's in the parade!!!

We decided to rest before dinner at the Kona Cafe, so it was back to WL. As we were leaving, the same security guard from the morning wished me a happy birthday again (he actually said, "Happy Birthday, again!!). He asked me how my day was and I said it was wonderful and how I brought a CM to tears, he gave me this look and asked what I did, so I gave him a card, he lifted up his glasses, read it and told me to have a magical evening!!!! I could see the pride in Gilles swell up. We laughed at the security guards reaction as we made it to the boat!!!

When we got back to our room, I had yet another towel animal waiting for me!! This time it was a dog (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094920101/)!!! Our ADR for Kona Cafe was at 6:45. So we headed down to the dock at 5:45, we had a short wait for the boat. While we were waiting for the boat to load, the captain wished me a happy birthday and were talking about celebrating birthdays at WDW. After the boat was loaded he took off the drive the boat. When we landed, I gave him a card. He called me back into the boat and gave me a watercraft pin. I thanked him and headed off, when he called me back to the boat a second time, took me up to the cabin, showed me all the instruments and let me blow the horn!!!

We then headed to the monorail and it was off to the Poly for dinner, another one of Natazu's recommendations!!! We both ordered Lapu lapu's!!! They are really good!!!! For starters, I had the crab cakes and Gilles had the pot stickers. They both were good, but I liked the FF's better. For our entrées, I had the Scallops and shrimp and Gilles had the Pan-Asian Noodles, again both were really good. For dessert, I had the banana creme burlee and Gilles had the Kilauea Torte, they were SO good. I've really changed my mind on creme burlee!!! Again, thank you, Natazu!!!!:hug: Oh, and the sweet bread with the macadamia butter was REALLY good!!!

After dinner we jumped back on the monorail and stopped at GF to see the gingerbread house (http://flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2095692814/). It really is a must see!!! Since it really was a full day, we boarded the monorail to MK and took the boat back to WL. My friend the captain was off duty, so I couldn't say goodnight to him!:(

This was the best day I had of the trip. I was so happy that I made so many people's day, it was just so little after what everyone did to make this trip so special!!!

ElenitaB
12-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Carol, how sweet of you to think of those cards! I can only imagine how surprised the CMs were... in any service job, you tend to only hear the bad things and not the appreciation. You received much pixie dust on your trip, but it certainly was well matched by what you left in return. :hug:

Caroleh
12-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks, Ellen. The one thing I forgot to mention is that the cards were all handwritten and not made on the computer. I think that is what made them a little more special.

RedheadWriter
12-09-2007, 10:31 AM
:thumbsup: Those cards were a great idea!

amorillo
12-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Another great day! How cool to be able to make a few CM's feel special!!

AbeeNormal
12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Great picture with Donald Duck:thumbsup:

On to day 6:D

Christine
12-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm so thrilled the CMs appreciated your appreciation! Just goes to show how powerful two little words can be...thank you! :thumbsup:

faline
12-09-2007, 05:34 PM
It's clear you are a very giving person! It's no wonder you are having so many wonderful exchanges with cast members!

pogo
12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
What a wonderful day you had today. Sounds like all your dreams were coming true on this trip. Patti and I are so happy for you and Gilles. :hug:

Going to read Day 6. :D

disneydrmr
12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
More magic! Both to you and from you! When I was in Disneyland in one of the suvenier shops one of the cast members called me over to the counter and handed me the phone and I got a birthday greeting from Mickey. It was so magical so I know how you feel with the calls from Goofy! And the attention those buttons get - so wonderful! I'm just tickled pink that this trip is going so well for you! Thank you so much for hunting down Aurora for me! I KNOW my friend is gonna LOVE it! You are such a sweet and giving person! You deserve every bit of magic that has been coming your way! Looking forward to reading the next report so I'm off!

offwego
12-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Whata wonderful time you are both having. I'm so happy for you!

dolphinmickey9170
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Carol, I kept tearing up each one I read. What a wonderful gesture. Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

disneydeb
12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
It looks like you are making magic wherever you go!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
12-11-2007, 10:13 PM
:) What a GREAT day!! Boy, those cards seem to really hit a nerve down there -- I think you've hit on a great idea!! :thumbsup: I'm glad you made so many folks feel so good! You've also made me hungry... your food descriptions are so good, I want to go back for dinner NOW!! ;)