PDA

View Full Version : Just returned today from WL..any questions?

Tinkerbellfan
12-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just returned today from a 6 night stay at The Wilderness Lodge Concierge (clearly not enough time). Does anyone have any questions they would like me to answer about Wilderness Lodge or WDW in general? I am so sad to be home!

mulderxcoltrane
12-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Did you get a chance to ride SSE?

Sunshine1010
12-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Are they playing Christmas music, or their regular music in the lobby?

How's the weather?

Tinkerbellfan
12-08-2007, 07:19 PM
We were are Epcot until 12:45am last night and SSE was still not open. According to the local nightly newscast in Orlando, it is "soft" opening later this month.

Disney World is mostly playing Christmas music this includes all theme parks and Disney Resorts. Wilderness Lodge only played Christmas music - it was extremely festive and very smoothing. I think the only exception may have been Animal Kingdom Lodge as I remember hearing the African drums there.

Sunshine1010
12-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Weather?

mulderxcoltrane
12-08-2007, 08:20 PM
We were are Epcot until 12:45am last night and SSE was still not open. According to the local nightly newscast in Orlando, it is "soft" opening later this month.

That's odd. Official reports and people that have ridden it said it had it's 1st soft opening rides on December 6th - so it must have been down for some tweaks when you were at EP.

Tinkerbellfan
12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
The weather was great - we could not have asked for better weather. Every day was sunny and temps ranged from 70 to 82. The mornings were a bit chilly so a sweater was needed. And, at night, we needed a sweather and pants although I saw some people wearing shorts. But, you were comfortable with pants and a sweater. We took advantage of the Wildlife Excusion since we stayed at a concierge level (great experience) and our guide told us this December was much warmer than normal.

Sunshine1010
12-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm hoping the weather will be somewhat similar when I get there on Jan. 2

monorail fanatic
12-09-2007, 12:18 AM
I just returned from 5 nights at WL Villas(DVC member), I forgot to ask about the music played, particularly who is singing "God rest ye merry gentlemen"...fantastic version.

beth216
01-01-2008, 04:44 PM
we're heading there later this month...

how were the food services?

we will be eating pretty much all our breakfasts there.

I dont' think we'll be there in the evening often but what do they have for theevenings?

thanks
Beth

Tinkerbellfan
01-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Hello,

The breakfast offerings are more than enough to make someone full. But, we did eat out twice as we got sick of the same old same old every morning and we had someone in our party that LOVES eggs and bacon for a special meal.

For breakfast, the concierge offers fresh cut up fruit, whole fruit (bananas & apples) yogurt, juices (cranberry, OJ and tomato), coffee, lattes and teas, danishes, muffins, bagels and cereal. The food was great but we got a bit tired of the same seletion. So, we ended up at the concierge for breakfast two days in a row, than we went to Bomas, then we ate at the conceirge for two days again and then we ate at Kona Cafe.

At night, the concierge offers two food offerings - appetizers from 5-7p and desserts from 8-10p. For the appetizer selections, wine and beer, soda plus all drinks listed above were out plus ice tea and lemonade. Water is always out - large bottles. In addition to a very plate w/ dips and cheese and cracker, each night a soup and a warm appetizer were out. For the soups, one night we had chili and another night a corn chowder. For the appetizers, one night mac & cheese with chicken was out while another night a pork dish was out. It could easily be enough for a dinner. And, B&J sandwichs which were so YUMMY were out every night.

And, at night, cordials were out plus cookies, brownies and berry cobbler. YUMMY!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

beth216
01-01-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm looking forward to the cordials ;):marg:

this is our first trip concierge level I haven't been pregnany or nursing a baby...

I can finally enjoy that aspect of the concierge

do they have the individual peanutbutter tubs? my kids dont' like jelly... so while my husband love the lunchables they don't and I have to make them sandwiches when we stayed at the Poly concierge 2 and 4yr ago

thanks for the help
Beth

Catzle
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
We just booked WL conceirge for May. Have never been. Anything you can offer would be great. Breakfast sounds about the same as the Poly, we do plan to eat out breakfast at least one morning. Do they contact you at all before you leave to help you make food reservations at the restaurants. I know the poly sent us stuff like 5 days after we booked. Do they have an email where we can write them to book our dinner reservations, the poly does haven't heard about WL. How are the rooms have only stayed in the villas. Are they close to the room where you go for your drinks and breakfast etc. What kind of view do you have, I hear it's on the 7th floor I have never stayed up that high before. Are the balcony's extra safe for the kids?

prprincess
01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
How about their quick service in general? We're booked there for April but I really can't find any specifics on what it serves--is pretty much the same as the other resort QSs?

Tinkerbellfan
01-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am going to write one post that hopefully answers everyone's questions:

Beth216 - The PB&J sandwiches are pre-made - no tubs available. I am not sure if they could make the sandwiches without the jelly for you. But, I want to say the PB was offered in the morning for bagels but I can't remember. I know creamcheese was available and I want to say PB was available.

Catzle - The WL is shaped like an "U". The concierge lounge is located at the middle of the floor right as you step out of the elevator. Our party had two different rooms. My room was room 7062. It was a king-size bed room facing the Magic Kingdom. The view of the fireworks was great but if you looked down, you could see the service area. I thought that was worth the trade off as the view of the firewords was wonderful. My mom had a courtyard view and she was in room 7065. She had two queen size beds.

Both of these rooms were on the closer side of the lounge. I would recommend any rooms close to these two rooms.

The balconies have extra security on the 7th Floor - they are much more private too. You have nothing to worry about it.

The concierge view rooms are the entire 7th floor so you can have a room with any type of view offered at the WL - standard, woods or concierge. To get the above rooms, we requested one room with a king bed with either a MK or courtyard view and another room with a MK view or courtyard view.

I contacted the WIlderness Concierge planning department 190 days out of my trip. They got back to me within two days. They were able to book all of my ADRs before the 180 days. If you private message me, I would be more than happy to send you the e-mail address to the WL concierge.

PrPrincess - Roaring Folks is the name of WL quick service dining area. It has all of the similar quick food options as the other two Disney Resorts I have stayed at recently - PORS and Animal Kingdonlodge.

Good luck planning - let me know if you have any more questions. I am more than happy to help - I am going through planning withdrawels.

prprincess
01-01-2008, 09:51 PM
PrPrincess - Roaring Folks is the name of WL quick service dining area. It has all of the similar quick food options as the other two Disney Resorts I have stayed at recently - PORS and Animal Kingdonlodge.
I've stayed at both PO resorts, so I'm familiar with what they have. Thanks!

Also, getting to the Poly and the Contempo, what would you do from WL? Take the boat to MK and then hop on the monorail, or take the bus to the TTC, then hop on the monorails? I wasn't sure which would be faster and I'm trying to figure out times for Chef Mickey's and Kona Cafe.

Tinkerbellfan
01-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Hello,

There is a boat that goes directly to the CR. I believe it runs from 7am to 10pm so I would take that boat. There is not a boat that goes directly to the TTC. The only boats goes to MK or the CR resort.

Have fun!

"Also, getting to the Poly and the Contempo, what would you do from WL? Take the boat to MK and then hop on the monorail, or take the bus to the TTC, then hop on the monorails? I wasn't sure which would be faster and I'm trying to figure out times for Chef Mickey's and Kona Cafe."

playdead88
01-02-2008, 05:14 PM
how about the bus service - we are going in april and i just read another post that had some not so good things to say about the bus service - did you have any problems with it?

Catzle
01-02-2008, 06:34 PM
We stayed at the WL last May and I couldn't have had better bus service to everywhere. Very little wait time and very prompt to come back. We were very pleased with the transportation.

Catzle
01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Tinkerbellfan I tried to PM you but I don't think it's working since it's not in my message folder. I would like the email address to the conceirge for WL please.
Thanks,

Tinkerbellfan
01-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I just e-mailed you back with the address!

Tinkerbellfan I tried to PM you but I don't think it's working since it's not in my message folder. I would like the email address to the conceirge for WL please.
Thanks,

TheRustyScupper
01-03-2008, 01:50 PM
. . . Do they contact you at all before you leave to help you make food reservations at the restaurants. I know the poly sent us stuff like 5 days after we booked. Do they have an email where we can write them to book our dinner reservations, the poly does haven't heard about WL . . .

The Poly and WL are the same concierge itinerary planning office for advance ADR's.