PDA

View Full Version : Caroleh's "I refuse to grow old" magical journey--Day one

Caroleh
12-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Cast:
DH-Gilles
Me-Carol, the birthday girl!!!

Sidenote: for this trip I made little business card size note to thank different castmembers at random. The notes were different, but most of them said " We want to let you know how much we apprecte everything you do to make our vacation magical. Thank you!!" They were also decorated with small Disney stickers.

Saturday, Dec. 1--

Since I wasn't sleeping the week before the trip, Friday night wasn't any different, except instead of getting 4 hours of sleep, I got maybe an hour. Gilles made me crawl off the couch at 6 am to get dressed and ready to leave. The limo was outside at 7 am to take us to the airport. We were at the airport at 7:20, we printed off our boarding passes before we left, so it was off to customs, which went great and not a lot of waiting. We find our gate and wait for the plane. We were talking to a family that was also heading to WDW until it was time to board the plane, which took off at 10:30 am. Our flight crew was just as excited to get to MCO as we were. They were making joking and having a great time. Note: if any of my fellow Canadians are flying to WDW, take West Jet, the trip is really fun!!! They were even telling cute jokes while taxiing to the terminal. We landed about 1 pm. ME was really busy, and we waited for about 3 buses to get ours. We arrived at WL around 3pm for check-in. At the desk was a birthday button waiting for me, we just knew that it was going to be a great vacation. Once we reached our room and saw what was waiting for us (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2095703182/)we knew it was going to be a great time.

My orginal plans was to rest and relax before heading anywhere, but I needed to get to a park quickly. We were hungry, since we didn't have anything to eat all day except a danish at the airport, so we headed to Epcot and WS. To get there we hopped on the first boat we could find, which went to the Contemporay. We saw their Christmas decorations (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094934703/)and then headed to the monorail. First stop was the Mexican pavillon to get Nachoes after taking a few pictures of the Christmas (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094936743/) decorations (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094936053/). We really weren't too crazy about the nachoes, they tasted like they were sitting around too long. After the nachos, we went inside the Mexican pavillon, looked at the shops and went into the ride, Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros. We thought the ride was really cheesy and would of been better without the 3 caballeros. I wish we could of seen it before they changed it.

We wondered around at a few of the pavillons, trying to kill some time since we had 7 o'clock reservations at Marrakesh Restaurant. We caught a little of the singing of the Candlelight processional as we passed by American pavillon. It was really crowded so we continued walking. When we got to the Moroccan pavillon, we were getting extremely tired and didn't know if we'd last until 7, and it was only 6. we went to the desk and explained to them we had reservations at 7, but was there a chance we could get in early. They told us to have a seat and in less then 5 minutes they called us in. We both had the Marrakesh Feast. The food was great and a lot to eat. The DH really enjoyed it and cleaned his plate, but I was so tired I just ate my Harira Soup, Beef Brewat Rolls, and a few bites of my lamb, chicken, couscous and a little of the pastries.

We were so tired we decided to head back to the room and make it to Illuminations another time.(which we never made it to.)On our way back, I stopped to take a few (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094938861/) more (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2095710280/) pictures of the decorations (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2095712790/). (For some odd reason, Gilles always starts to sing parts of Alice's Resturaunt when I'm taking pictures!!!) We grab the monorail to the TTC, then the ferry to MK, before the boat to WL. We saw our first glance at the castle (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094941549/) all decorated up while riding the ferry to MK.

When we reached WL, we got to see the tree (http://www.flickr.com/photos/20467943@N07/2094940993/) all lit up. We crashed for the night and I slept soundly for the first time in over a week. I was home!!!

Day 2 coming soon!!!

Christine
12-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I bet you WERE tired! What a great start. Sorry you never got back to see Illuminations :(

(For some odd reason, Gilles always starts to sing parts of Alice's Resturaunt when I'm taking pictures)

As in the 1970's Linda Lavin TV show? :confused:

Caroleh
12-08-2007, 02:41 PM
As in the 1970's Linda Lavin TV show? :confused:

As in the Arlo Guthrie song,
they took twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin' what each one was, to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner, the southwest corner . . .
and that's not to mention the aerial photography!

We walked in, sat down, Obie came in with the twenty seven eight-by-ten
colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
of each one,

Only he adds, 2 steps to the right, 2 steps to the left, dead center, 2 steps back, 2 steps forward!!!

AbeeNormal
12-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Your pictures were stunning. What a great first day, and a good night sleep too. :cloud9:

I look forward to day two, thanks so much for sharing:mickey:

disneydeb
12-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Wpnderful times!

you can get what you want at Alice's restaurant:D

RedheadWriter
12-08-2007, 04:28 PM
What an awesome day! I am off to read more! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
12-08-2007, 07:33 PM
My gosh... I got tired just reading your report! I would have fallen asleep at dinner... but I do thank you for stopping to take pics. One of my favorite things at WDW at Christmas-time is the Arches of Light... so beautiful! :cloud9:

P.S. Weren't the WL busses running? :confused:

amorillo
12-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Sounds like you're off to a great start... love the photos!

KylesMom
12-08-2007, 09:36 PM
:mickey: What an exhausting but fabulous first day. I'm glad you made it to Epcot, but sad that you missed Illuminations. Can't wait to read what's in store for you and Gilles next!

You brought a great memory back for me just now - my Mom's name is Alice and I was raised listening to that album over and over and over again. :D

Caroleh
12-08-2007, 10:23 PM
P.S. Weren't the WL busses running? :confused:

They were running, but we wanted to go on the monorail. It was one of the things we really enjoyed about GF.

drummerboy
12-09-2007, 09:46 AM
As in the Arlo Guthrie song,
they took twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin' what each one was, to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner, the southwest corner . . .
and that's not to mention the aerial photography!

We walked in, sat down, Obie came in with the twenty seven eight-by-ten
colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
of each one,

Only he adds, 2 steps to the right, 2 steps to the left, dead center, 2 steps back, 2 steps forward!!!
Hmmm. Were you quoting the song or relating an incident during your trip? :thedolls:

Caroleh
12-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Hmmm. Were you quoting the song or relating an incident during your trip? :thedolls:

The song, unless you were there, it was an incident involving you!!!:D

faline
12-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Nice day! A good night's sleep sounds like it was just what you need to be ready for the rest of your trip!

pogo
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
I know what you mean about being tired the first evening at WDW..... but isn't it a great feeling ? :mickey:

Going to read Day 2. :D

Dsnygirl
12-10-2007, 03:58 AM
:) Carol, it sounds like you had a great (albeit tiring) 1st day!! Off to read day 2...

disneydrmr
12-10-2007, 08:51 AM
glad you arrived safely and your first day was so magical (and tiring!) Off to read your next report!

offwego
12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Glad you had such a good day, even if it was tiring. Your pics are wonderful.:mickey:

DizNee143
12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
sounds like a great travel/kinda first day!! glad you were able to finally get some sleep!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
What a start....isn't it funny how you can't sleep at home leading up to your vacation, but once your pretty little head hits that lovely pillow at the house of mouse....you can sleep so soundly!?!:cloud9:

Bethanymouse
12-10-2007, 04:27 PM
What a great first day! I loved the pictures. I have never seen pics of WDW during the holidays! They are spectacular. Thanks so much for sharing with us!:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: