PDA

View Full Version : AAA info

DisneyAggies
12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi there! I have a question about AAA. Hoping someone here can help!

MIL has AAA. Can she buy discount park tickets through them? How does diamond parking work?

Thank you!!

faline
12-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Park passes can be purchased through AAA - I'm not sure what sort of discount, if any, is currently offered.

The Diamond parking may work differently depending upon which AAA office you work with. Some folks have reported that they got Diamond parking simply by requesting it. Others have reported they only this by purchasing an entire package through their AAA office.

DisneyAggies
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks, Linda...

Anyone else have any experience with AAA?

OOHH...and what are the perks for diamond parking? Just close in, or is it free parking?

dmallan
12-07-2007, 04:56 PM
I purchased our park tickets through AAA way back in April for our upcoming January trip. For a 6 day base ticket I think there was a savings of about $10 each.

Beast_fanatic
12-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks, Linda...

Anyone else have any experience with AAA?

OOHH...and what are the perks for diamond parking? Just close in, or is it free parking?

It's just close in - not free.

We did price tickets through AAA for our October trip, and they were the exact same price as buying them through Disney (10-day park hoppers). The discounts seem to vary by state.

DisneyAggies
12-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out how to get close in parking, too as MIL had a hip replacement in June, and knee replacement in Oct.

Disney Lynn
12-08-2007, 08:21 AM
DisneyAggies- Does your MIL's state have temporary handicapped hang-tags (for handicapped parking). NJ had a program that was great when DH broke his leg- with doc's notes, etc, he received a 6 months parking pass. In our area, the local police office actually handles the paperwork- cost was minimal.

With this temporary parking pass, WDW will let you park even closer than the AAA diamond area (except at MK- expect to walk a lot there!). In NJ, the handicapped person does not need to be the driver.

Our local NJ AAA has a slight discount on some tickets- call around to see what various AAA offices have on hand.

A month or so ago,someone in FL posted that FL AAA offices even sell discounted AP's. But I haven't been able to find which office. (If anyone knows- please post!)

vamaggie
12-08-2007, 01:18 PM
I tried 3 different AAA offices around here ( No VA/DC area) and all 3 told me that the Diamond Parking was available only to folks who bought packages thru AAA. We did not do the AAA package as we got a great deal thru Magical Journeys. As for getting close parking,try to get there as early as possible. Even if you don't, you can take the shuttles to the main gates (except at MK, and maybe Epcot) so you should not have to walk from the far parking areas. The walk from the car will be the least of your walking at WDW! If MIL has mobility concerns, maybe consider renting an ECV for her. Have a great trip!

Nurse Kim
12-09-2007, 06:38 PM
We talked to our AAA office and the discounts aren't that great so we aren't booking with them. We were told the parking was if we purchased the package.

#1donaldfan
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Our AAA discount was for room only.....no discounts for tickets / hoppers etc......our diamond card gave us % off of food and shopping....in our case it was % off at Fulton's and World of Disney..