PDA

View Full Version : I Survived Summit Plummet!

ldn324
12-07-2007, 09:08 AM
We just returned from our annual WDW trip and I had to share something both DH and I are very proud of. Just one week ago today, Friday 11/30, we both got up our nerve and took the plunge...the Summit Plummet plunge that is!

All these years we've been going we've been to chicken to do it. But this trip there was hardly anybody at BB - maybe 100-150 people tops. There were no waits for anything so we figured why not? It was one of the most awesome things I've ever done. It was SO much fun!

We both rode the Slush Gusher first and it is by far rougher than Summit Plummet.

So to anyone who's bypassed SP before, give it a shot next time. It's really a blast and if you're like me you'll wonder why you never did it sooner.

Too bad we had to come back home to find our yard looking much like Blizzard Beach sans the water slides and FL sunshine :eek:

Christine
12-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Congratulations! I wish I was brave like you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

poeticeclipse
12-07-2007, 11:33 AM
You're very brave!! I have back problems so I can't do it but probably would if I knew I wouldn't get hurt.

My husband got up the nerve and patience to wait an hour to take the plunge and he said that about 3 minutes from the top, a man who was about 6'4' and 250 pounds said "screw this" and walked all the way back down. Guess size doesn't matter in this case! :secret:

tinksmom02
12-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow, you're brave! I don't know that I would even make it to the top!

But, I'm not a fan of water slides in general.

Way to go! :thumbsup:

busterthebronco
12-08-2007, 10:55 PM
good deal!
i love it.
its the last thing i do before i leave the place though.
one year it tore my bathing suit up the side!:blush:
i think the one next to it is nearly as crazy.
you get some air on the second drop!:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
12-08-2007, 11:45 PM
It looks a whole lot worse that what it is actually is. Unfortunately I couldn't get my brother on it :(

wedway76
12-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Good for you!!! I haven't been able to work up the nerve yet.

BelleandtheBeast
12-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I have not been to the water parks, but if I ever go that is a definite for me. It looks like tons of fun and scary too, that just makes it better though. :thumbsup::beer::jaw:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-10-2007, 09:45 AM
:cool: Glad you had fun!!

You would never get me on it!! :bolt: ;) I'm a big baby!!

DisneyTwirler13!
12-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I can't do Durstuka at Wet and Wild, but I'm going to try Summit Plummet. I have to find the right bathing suit, though... I live in Florida and I can't find one decent bathing suit!! How crazy is that!

pook@wdw
12-14-2007, 05:49 PM
YOU ROCK!! :rocker: I LOVE SP !! It is a must-do for us each trip. Can you say....SUPER WEDGIE !!:thumbsup:

dteed
12-26-2007, 03:50 PM
My youngest wanted to try it on our last trip so I told him I would go with him and if he did it I would also do it. He did not chicken out as I had planned so I had to do it. It was neat, I just hate the height of it.

kushty
12-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Good for you!! Glad you enjoyed it. :party:

TheAdventurer
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I love Summit Plummet! It's the only thing in WDW that can actually put some fear in my heart, standing up there at the top, looking down... But after the first run, I'm anxious to do it again :number1:

CandleontheWater
01-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Congrats on your bravery! :party: I did it once when I was younger and braver, but I don't think you could get me on it now! Those slides scare the willies out of me!

DizzKnee
01-03-2008, 08:04 PM
:dumbo:Oh my god. i went in oct 06, there was no one in bb. It was awesome. So, it took me alot of courage to go on that slide. I remember wanting to throw up waiting to go down that thing. So i finally got on it, and went down. and i realized it was the scariest attraction iN WDW. ummm, i felt like i was falling. it' gives you the biggest wedgie you've ever experienced. yikes. it kinda hurts if its cold in my opinion. it was AWESOME. i think its a must for all true thrill seekers. it will scare the mess out of you!

DigitalDaredevil
01-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Its an experience! I always get a bit nervous before I take off, but after that, it is too late to worry about it. You go pretty fast, and depending on the bathing suit you are wearing, you can get a nice wedgie.
A CM told me that Summit Plummet and the Slush Gusher take you to about the same speed, but most people are afraid to try Summit Plummet over Slush Gusher.

poohbearlover15
01-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Goood Job that takes alot of courage to do that! My first time i was scared to death! My sister went on all the time and she always made fun of me for not trying it soo to make her shut up I just went down! I didnt like it that much but i am willing to try it again when we go back.

Bri
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
summit plummit is AWESOME. we did it last time we were there in 2006. we each did it 2 or 3 times. we would have done it more but the joints in the slide absolutly KILL your back, they are so rough! does anyone agree?

ps, the slide next to SP is awesome too, you do get good air off of the hills but that one has the same problem with the joints.