PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch football?

rcaide
12-07-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm not sure which forum to put this in but we are leaving in 11 hours and my husband just hit me with, "Honey, what are we doing Sunday because we need to watch the Steeler game?" :thedolls: I have of course made plans that do not include 3 hours of football. But lucky for him our ADR is a lunch st 50's at around noon so I guess I can go watch the game. I am thinking the ESPN club would work since we will be at the Studios anyway. Does anyone have any idea what it is like at the ESPN club? I have never been there so I wasn't sure how early we would need to be there for a 4:00 game. It is on CBS so I am not even sure if Orlando will be showing the Steelers. Does anyone have any words of advice? I appreciate your swift response since we will be leaving soon. Thanks.

faline
12-07-2007, 07:19 AM
The ESPN Club does not take reservations so you would need to plan to be there early and stand in line to get in - particularly for a popular game.

The lounges in most resorts have TVs that are often tuned into popular games so that's another alternative.

You could also make it an early night and watch from your resort room.

ginger19
12-07-2007, 08:35 AM
This is THE most popular game of the week which is why they used the flex rule and moved it to 4:15. Any bar will be showing it and I'm positive ESPN will show it. It will be tough to get in for that game so I'd get there early or pick something a little less crowded.

I just realized two days ago that I have ADR's during the division title games so I'm moving them so DH and I can watch both games. I understand your DH completely :thumbsup:

GO PATS!

BethieTink
12-07-2007, 08:37 AM
There will be a huge line at ESPN. You can wait and watch the tvs from outside, but it might be a while to get in.

The Steelers are playing the Pats, so it should be a national game. Everyone wants to see it. I did check the Orlando station's listing and they are showing it. It should be on in every hotel bar or in your room. You will have no problem watching it.

GO PATS!!

kakn7294
12-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Been there, done that! (3 times now!) I'll do my best to explain here, but if you have any questions, PM me because I'll check my messages later. The ESPN Club will definately show the game. There are no reservations at the ESPN Club, so for a 4pm game, especially one of this magnitude, you need to be there about 3pm and will stand outside waiting for a table unless you opt to go to the bar side of the restaurant. Once the 1pm crowd has cleared out, they will start seating the 4pm crowd and will attempt to seat you at a table nearest to your game. They are great about letting you stay to watch the whole game too. To get to the ESPN Club, you can either take the walkway along the river to the ESPN Club - it goes right past it, the Club is at the Epcot end of the Boardwalk - or you can take the Friendship Launch. I recommend the walk. Have a great time and GO STEELERS!!!

PS - Don't forget the terrible towels! Ours make the trip to WDW every year.

rcaide
12-07-2007, 09:14 AM
We both grew up in the Pittsburgh area so Steeler football is like a religion. I could forgo the game for Mickey :mickey: but obviously my husband doesn't feel the same way;)

I just have a couple more questions:
Is the ESPN club on the DDP?

If we can't get in there, does anyone have a suggestion for another venue close to Epcot?

I need to be at the International Gateway before 8:45 on Sunday night for a VIP Illuminations party. I didn't want to get too far away from Epcot in case the game goes into overtime. I appreciate the help from all you football fans.

Go Steelers!!

RedheadWriter
12-07-2007, 09:26 AM
I watched part of the Colts/Patriots game the weekend I was there. trust me, If you wear your team's shirt and are no where near a TV, a CM will no doubt keep you informed of the score, just like my experience in MK. I left to go to MK at half time and the Pats were behind. Waiting in line at Pecos Bills, a CM approached me to let me know "Your team won! The Patriots won"
:thumbsup: Go Pats! :)

BethieTink
12-07-2007, 11:13 AM
There is a little bar at the Beach Club called Martha's Vineyard. It is on the other side of Cape May from the lobby. I have watched a bunch of sporting events there. Good drinks and limited bar food menu. Or you could try the lounge at the Yacht Club.

Mackflava99
12-07-2007, 11:27 AM
As previously stated- ESPN will be crowded-
You will have to wait in line and hope you get a seat with a view.
If it works out, its great to watch it there, but if not there are other options.
I also watched a game in Martha's Vinyards too-But if someone is there earlier and watching another game you are out of luck.
Also - in DTD- Planet hollwood- has the games.

There is a bar in the Dolphin or Swan that has games too

My guess is it will be nationally televised so you can see it in your room,

kakn7294
12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
ESPN is on the DDP. As far as another venue to watch the game, any of the resorts in the Epcot / Boardwalk area should have a lounge where you could watch the game as long as someone else hasn't commanded the tv first.

Steeler football is a religion - we always give up park time to watch a game! GO STEELERS!

Have a great trip!

Maleficent's Dad
12-07-2007, 05:29 PM
My brother and I tried to get into ESPN for the Pats/Colts game. It was insane there!!!

We walked a few hundred feet to the Big River Grill and watched the game there. There was still a crowd, but there was no problem getting in and getting a drink and watching the game.

Since this is such a big game, I'd assume that Big River would televise this one as well.

Big River's also on the BW, between MGM and EPCOT. Very convenient location for your needs.

busterthebronco
12-08-2007, 11:06 PM
he'll never do it but one year georgia tech was in the final four and i was listening to the game on my walkman radio while at the luau!
it was tough not standing up and cheering in the middle of the show!:blush:

MinnieMommie
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
ESPN is a great place to watch a game! Arrive very early and get in line. Once you get in and are seated the table is your for the entire game. If you don't mind waiting in line it is worth the wait. :mickey:

disney323
12-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Espn with out a doubt. Sometimes you have to wait for a long time, but most often the wait is about 20 - 30.