PDA

View Full Version : Am I just imagining it or...

monkeycity
12-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Can anyone tell me: I vaguely remember as a kid (gosh, has it been 25 years? :blush:) that when you came out of CBJ, there was one of the talking heads on the wall in the restaurant or shop or something where you came out. By talking heads, I mean the deer or the moose or the buffalo. It was usually talking right after the show, or maybe I dreamed it. :confused: Does anyone remember something like that?

jray21
12-06-2007, 12:51 AM
I do seem to remember the same thing, vaguely. Maybe someone else will verify.

SBETigg
12-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Pecos Bill Cafe used to have talking animal heads on a wall. I think they lost the heads sometime right around 1990. I don't know why they took them down. I think they remodeled to increase seating and the heads no longer fit in.

kakn7294
12-06-2007, 08:14 AM
It was Max, Buff, and Melvin, the deer, buffalo, and moose from the Country Bears attraction. I seem to recall them being there in 1993 for my honeymoon, but I could be imagining that. I do know they were there when I was a kid.

IloveDisney71
12-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the "flashback". I had forgotten all about them! :mickey:

Von-Drake
12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
The CBJ is my dad's favorite attraction, followed closely by the trams at the TTC (funny story behind that one :rotfl:). I definitely remember them being there as a child and in the early 90's. I do kind of miss them being there now.

ThanxForNoticin
12-06-2007, 12:43 PM
The three talking heads were part of the CBJ show inside, and then we also just outside the exit of the show - kind of continuing your CBJ experience as you were exiting.

Mackflava99
12-06-2007, 12:56 PM
They used to be both inside and out and continued talking as you were leaving. i notived it the last time i went that they were not there any more- I think they are great and CBJ rocks-

Figment!
12-06-2007, 12:56 PM
You are remembering the Mile Long Bar.

When the park opened in 1971 the space currently occupied by Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe was home to Pecos Bill Cafe and the Mile Long Bar.

The Mile Long Bar originally featured Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay items and later transitioned to Quick Mexican Entrees & Churos. The location was known for its mirror effect which lengthened the appearance of the bar (hence the location's name) and its talking mounted animal heads--Melvin, Buff & Max.

In 1998 Pecos Bill Cafe expanded and took over the space occupied by the Mile Long Bar.

Here's a video of the taxidermied trio in action:

Mile Long Bar - Melvin, Buff & Max (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDHhtLenCtI&eurl=http://video.aol.com/video-detail/mile-long-bar-melvin-buff-and-max/1539259084)

ibrowse17
12-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Jogged my memory!! I remember those as well:thumbsup:

JPL
12-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I use to love the Mile Long Bar :thumbsup:

The actual CBJ show use to let you out into the bar and I remember as a kid always stopping for a sandwitch some corn chips and a soda:cloud9:

monkeycity
12-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh, good. Thanks for verifying my "fading" memory. I was just reminiscing the other day, and those three popped into my head. I remember going there for lunch after the CBJ, too. Thanks everyone! Intercot is :number1:!!!