PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Present EVER!

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow I'm so, so happy right now!

I don't even know if this is the right thread for this but here goes

We just celebrated Sinterklaas (the Dutch version of Santa Claus) and one present I got were all the tapes that my grandmother has of Disneyland and Disneyworld! Those tapes were filmed in 1988, 1989 and 1991 and I have never seen them..there are fantastic!

- Mickey's Starland
- the Skyway
- the 20,000 miles Submarines
- Country Bear Christmas
- the old Tiki Room show
- the old monorails
- the Skyway (wow it wish that was still there!)
- different parades
- Darkwing Duck,Rescue Rangers,Ducktales and Gummi Bear characters were walking around
-the original Tomorrowland with I think Mission to Mars (they all sit in a circle and watch a screen in the middle and it looks like they are taking of in a rocket)
- the old COP (they sing a different song I never heard before..it's not "Great big Beautiful Tomorrow"
- Superstar Television
-What looks like a Roger Rabbit store in MGM

And over at DLR
- Skyway going through the Matterhorn
- 20,000 leagues ride
- The Peoplemover I think it was called! Looks soooo cool!
- Toontown was totally geared towards Rescue Rangers..you could see banners all through the park. I think it was called Afternoon Avenue?
-the show with the Rescue Rangers and Talespin...is it called Plane Crazy? (playing in an embarrasingly empty theather btw :secret:)
- And again, Roger Rabbit stuff was EVERYWHERE

-

BugeyedMuggy
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
That is so cool. I love to see the older atractions that have been replaced or changed through the years.

BelleandtheBeast
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
That is so cool, I would love to see that.

RedheadWriter
12-05-2007, 07:09 PM
:thumbsup:You're so lucky to have them! I love to see the old attractions!

jray21
12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow, you are lucky you don't have my mom. She threw all of my grandfathers films (actual film reels) away! Keep them safe, or better yet, transfer them to CD/Computer.

cal5755
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
That is so cool!! What an awesome gift!!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-09-2007, 12:37 AM
That is a spectacular gift. I'd make copies of them for "just in case". Enjoy watching them.

pdrlkr
12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
:waycool:

caryrae
12-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I would find someone who could trasfer them to DVD so you can keep them a long time and the picture will always look great.

EPCOT84
12-09-2007, 03:39 PM
What a marvelous gift from your Grandmother ! She gave you the best present !

I remember reading about the Sinterklaas tradition. Hope you enjoyed it.

You're probably getting ready for your whirlwind Disney trip to both coasts with your Disney-lovin' Grandma ! Have a great trip !:blush: