PDA

View Full Version : Another Value vs. Mod Question

MOJoe
12-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I was wanting to save a little money this year, and try my first Value Resort. Maybe. It depends on what i have to give up. And one of the things i don't want to give up is having a drink by the pool. Do any of the Values have a pool bar or lounge? Hey, i'm on vacation! I gotta have my :marg: by the pool!

ILive4Disney
12-05-2007, 06:55 PM
I feel your pain....but I have tried Pop Century a few times and they actually have a nice bar by the pool :beer::marg: They make a mean creamsicle! :mickey:

PetefromRI
12-05-2007, 06:57 PM
We've only stayed at the POP as far as a value resort goes and it has a nice little pool bar for a cold one .We stayed during a teachers convention and boy,do those teachers know how to party!
I believe all the Values have pool bars.We really enjoyed the POP and will return again but I'm really into the Mods.

centralohio disneyfan
12-05-2007, 07:57 PM
We've went back and forth between the mods and values, and it always seems that thge last one we stayed at always ends up being the one we prefer. Of the values, I don't think you can beat Pop Century. Of the moderates, the only one I don't think I would stay at again is Coronado Springs. I know I'll get blasted for this, but I just hate the Food Court. There is a service charge added to your bill, but there is no service. You go get your own food. They do bring the beverages, but they never return to see if you want refills and they card the soda machines so that you cannot go get your own. Otheer than that, I love the resort, but the food court plays a big roll in our vacations as we frequent them in the morning and at the end of the day.

JerseyMouse
12-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that AS Sports has a pool bar as well.

Disnamic Duo
12-06-2007, 10:31 AM
AS Music has a pool bar too.

wedway76
12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
We've stayed at all of the Values except the Movies and they all have pool bars. I assume the movies does too. :marg:

Tink#64
12-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Our last couple of trips we've done the "Should we try a mod this year" thing. And after much discussion & debate we end up back at Pop Century. It's our fav. We really like it there, and the pool bar certainly meets our needs! :woohoo:

We don't spend that much time in the room, most of the time at the resort, besides sleeping, is at the pool, and we really enjoy the Hoppy Dippy pool!

I agree that the food is definitely a factor in your resort experience! We really liked the food at ASMo, & have missed a couple of items that they do not have at Pop, but overall, we're very satisfied with the offerings there! One of my friends switched to a mod after a few value stays & were very let down & then returned to the values! The food choices/experiences was a big factor.

We simply can't justify the additional expense for the mods, based on the limited time we spend at the resort & coupled with the fact that we really like Pop - it's a no brainer for us! We have DS's 10 & 11, and it's such a fun atmosphere there, there's nothing else we need! :thumbsup:

MOJoe
12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
I appreciate all your responses. The Disney Website does not give you a really good idea what to expect at their properties. And i couldn't find any info about pool bars there. But i knew you guys had the answers! Thanks again!! :cheers::

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-11-2007, 05:20 PM
We stayed at All Star Movies last month. They do have an outdoor bar near the pool, but they also have a sign that requests no food or drinks in the pool area. Having said that, we did see several folks sipping on a beverage while lounging by the pool. :secret:

Jasper
12-11-2007, 05:42 PM
All of the values have at least one pool side bar. At all of them the bar is by the pool closest to the main building. Others may correct me but I believe that none of the pools that are away from the main buildings have bars.

We have done all of the value and some of the moderate and a couple of the deluxe resorts and frankly if you are looking to save money and either don't need or don't want a lot of amenities the value resorts are great places to stay. We are not wealthy people and spend 3 or 4 years saving up for our next WDW trip. Because we don't get there very often it is important to us to have as much time in the parks as we can get. By staying at a value resort we are always able to add at least 2 days to the length of every trip!

thejens
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I really do love the deluxe resorts and have pretty high standards, but I must say I was very impressed with the All Star Movies. No, it is not a deluxe, but the landscaping was beautiful, all the theming details were great ((probably more exciting to my kids than the Beach Club) the pool was fine and it was close to the food and I think a bar. It is not quite the same resort feel that you have at a deluxe, but it is very fun. I am eager to try the POP, but my kids love Herbie the Love Bug, so back to ASM we go. PS the deluxe resorts have the same yukky coffee as the values. Sigh. :(

RocknRoller94
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I myself prefer the deluxe resorts, but the Value Resorts offer clean rooms, friendly service, and your pool bar. You may miss the peaceful Landscape, though, as the Pop area has mostly concrete, asphalt, parking lots, and statues.:mickey:

Donald_Quackers
12-12-2007, 01:00 AM
We've went back and forth between the mods and values, and it always seems that thge last one we stayed at always ends up being the one we prefer. Of the values, I don't think you can beat Pop Century. Of the moderates, the only one I don't think I would stay at again is Coronado Springs. I know I'll get blasted for this, but I just hate the Food Court. There is a service charge added to your bill, but there is no service. You go get your own food. They do bring the beverages, but they never return to see if you want refills and they card the soda machines so that you cannot go get your own. Otheer than that, I love the resort, but the food court plays a big roll in our vacations as we frequent them in the morning and at the end of the day.

I just got back from staying at Coronado Springs, and I would concur about their food court, however they never had a problem with me getting my own drinks as long as I used the resort mugs. That and the resort is very spread out. I would rather stay at POR or POFQ instead.