PDA

View Full Version : February, A good time to go?

kbvette
12-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi, I was just wondering about the crowd levels at the parks in February. We are going the first week of Feb., and I assumed that this was the least crowded time to go. According to info central, it is just a good time to go? So, who has gone the first week in Feb. and what are the crowd levels and wait times for the rides?

buzznwoodysmom
12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Normally I would say it would be a good time to go, however, this year Mardi Gras is the first week in Feb. I've never been during Mardi Gras, but from what I've heard the crowds tend to increase due to schools in Louisiana, and a few other southern states, being off part of that week. I hope you have a great time regardless!

GrumpyFan
12-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Mardi Gras crowds will probably only add a little bit more people, and only over the weekend. Otherwise, early February is a great time to go. Crowds are usually pretty light during this time of year with wait times less than 30 minutes for even the major attractions.

sillyolbear
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Crowds should be very manageable. The weather can be a mixed bag, but overall a good time to go.

buzznwoodysmom
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Mardi Gras crowds will probably only add a little bit more people, and only over the weekend. Otherwise, early February is a great time to go. Crowds are usually pretty light during this time of year with wait times less than 30 minutes for even the major attractions.

The Mardi Gras crowds will be there for the whole week, not just the weekend. After all Mardi Gras is on a Tuesday. Many schools are off for three days, making it easy for kids to be pulled from school for the week. Like I said I've never been for Mardi Gras, but I have heard from people (some here on Intercot) that the crowds for Mardi Gras week were much more than they expected.

Here we go again...
12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
In addition to Mardi Gras you have National Dance competition crowds. The dancers do not effect the parks too much but you will see lots of them at the resorts and food courts.

When we go for Mardi Gras we take at least a week off. The kids are out of school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So, we will take a couple of day off in addition to those. This year we are going Wednesday Jan 30th through Wednesday Feb 6th.

kbvette
12-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone. We have also been in July and September for the free dining and those months were pretty crowded. So, hopefully it will not be that crowded!

BiloxiMom
12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
We were there a few yrs. ago during Mardi Gras week. It was much more crowded than other Jan./Feb. trips. It wasn't horrible, but it was more than we wanted. We're going the week before (1/7-2/2) and I hope we'll miss most of the crowds. I know you'll have a great time regardless!