PDA

View Full Version : Help-Just Can't Make Up My Mind-Too Many Choices

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
:D I just cannot make up my mind about some dining choices....I have 9 TS meals for DDP accounted for and have been switching back and forth on choice for the 10th...I am happy to see that 3 of our choices (Boma, LeCellier, Crystal Palace )are on the 2007 top 7 and we are going to pay out of pocket for breakfast at Kona one morning!!!! Other selections include Marrakesh, Biergarten, Hoop De Doo, Hollywood and Vine, Rainforest Cafe and Tony's Italian.

Now for our dilemma...we are planning for a day at Animal Kingdom (lunch is already planned) and then are wanting to go shop that evening at Downtown Disney....We had originally planned on eating at Planet Hollywood for convenience sake, but there are just too many good Disney restaurants not to try something new. We do not want to use TS on Asian cuisine because we have so many good Asian restaurants in our hometown and my mother doesn't really care for it. I thought I had it narrowed down to Whispering Canyon Cafe and then found out that Coral Reef is now only one table service credit. In the past, it was listed as a Signature Dining experience requiring the use of two credits but is only one credit on the 2008 plan. I've also considered Rose and Crown....aaaggghhh, why can't I make a decision....tell me which would you choose and why?

vicster
12-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe - the food is good and it has a fun atmosphere.

KarenP
12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I would choose Coral Reef. I think they have the best food of the 3.

dolphinmickey9170
12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I would choose Rose and Crown. Time it for about 8pm dinner and you could possibly get an outside table to watch Illuminations from. I choose their food because I love the Steak and Fish combo. The Potato Leek soup is great too!!

Tygger7
12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Personally, I'd choose Whispering Canyon. Not only is it great food and fun atmosphere, but would be much easier to get to/from Downtown Disney from the Wilderness Lodge versus Epcot.

Just my two cents. :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I would go to Rose & Crown too. I've never been to the other two but I love Rose & Crown.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Rose and Crown is the one I would really, really like to go to but am having trouble convincing my mom and son. Am a little concerned about Coral Reef, my mother's choice, because lately a lot of negative reviews have been coming down. I know at one point that was a top rated but now it seems a lot of people have been disappointed. My son likes the idea of the Whispering Canyon's antics, but we're having BBQ at Flame Tree and are doing the Hoop De Doo which sounds pretty much like the same thing as Whispering Canyon......oh well, we'll be at Disney no matter what we choose.

kakn7294
12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I'd choose Rose and Crown. We were a little disappointed in our food selections at Whispering Canyon. We've never done Coral Reef but it's a consideration at some point. We really liked Rose and Crown - we placed our order, had our appetizers, watched Illuminations, then ate dinner and dessert and got to leave Epcot with no crowds.

SignguyTom
12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
How 'bout the 50's Prime Time? Bet your mom would like that! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
12-06-2007, 12:37 PM
I've been keeping track of the favorites from Jym's recent Top Seven polling and Whispering Canyon has been a favorite pick of many well over Rose and Crown and Coral Reef, if keeping tabs of popular opinion helps any.

Mysttree
12-06-2007, 12:45 PM
I personally would choose Rose & Crown. Other than the chocolate wave dessert at Coral Reef I haven't had anything there that I thought was worth going back for. I love seafood- but quite frankly have felt that the menu could use some tweaking, and frankly the preperation/presentation just wasn't up to Disney standards. Admittedly I love the ambience of Coral Reef, but sitting in the Rose & Crown is just as nice & the food was better IMHO. R & C is especially nice if you get the patio & can watch the fireworks!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
How 'bout the 50's Prime Time? Bet your mom would like that! :thumbsup:
I hadn't really thought of that, might have to consider it too.

Mackflava99
12-06-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree with Whispering Canyon, and be sure to ask for extra ketchup.
Its a really fun meal and the food is good,

As for Rose and Crown and Coral - both are excellent- so you really cannot go wrong

But WC is a really good experience.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks to Signguy Tom....I forgot to even consider 50's Prime Time.....I just finished talking to Mom and she's all for it, sounds good to me and my son enjoys the restaurants with the play acting.....yeah!!!

wire0monkey
12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I'd go with the Rose and Crown. It has a really great menu. Try the tea-time chicken. It's really good.

This might be a compromise: If you're going to be at Downtown Disney, Raglan Road has okay food and good entertainment.

Natazu
12-07-2007, 05:56 AM
For me, Coral Reef over Rose & Crown, I love the food and atmosphere at both places but Coral Reef is just better. Whispering Canyon is fun and the food is pretty good but I just can't put it at the level of the other two.

SignguyTom
12-07-2007, 04:16 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks to Signguy Tom....I forgot to even consider 50's Prime Time.....I just finished talking to Mom and she's all for it, sounds good to me and my son enjoys the restaurants with the play acting.....yeah!!!

Sweet! I hope you enjoy it!!

Crow
12-07-2007, 10:57 PM
didnt really like WC
of the other 2 i ate at Coral Reef last trip. not bad since i sat right by the tank
but id probly go w Rose & Crown
the mushroom app is good as is the sticky toffee pudding