PDA

View Full Version : Exchanging special event tickets?

Aggie97
12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
We just returned from WDW.

A few months ago, we purchased tickets to last Thursday night's MVMCP. On Monday, we decided to rearrange our itinerary for the week, so we asked the POFQ concierge desk if they could exchange our tickets for Sunday's party instead.

They indicated that they could as long as Sunday's party wasn't sold out, but that it would be much quicker if we did it at MK Guest Relations (since we were heading to MK that day anyway).

MK Guest Relations exchanged the tickets for us, no questions asked. They also said we did not need to pay anything to compensate for the advance purchase discount we had received on the original tickets.

Maybe we just got lucky, but two different entities indicated that exchanging the tickets wasn't a problem. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the "official" policy is?

Thank you! :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
12-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I think it really depends on the person you get when you try to exchange them. I've heard of a number of cases where people were able to do so, and a number of cases where they were not. :shrug:

faline
12-06-2007, 07:19 AM
I had one instance where I was able to exchange my tickets for another night as long as the night we exchanged them for was not sold out. This occurred because I had come down with a terrible head cold on the night we were scheduled to attend.

I would not go expecting that they would allow you to do this. The official policy, as far as I know, is still that that the tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.

kakn7294
12-06-2007, 07:59 AM
They still say that ticket are non-refundable and non-transferable but my friend exchanged P&P party tickets for August for MVMCP tickets for Dec (before the P&P party date) when they had to move their trip back. Again, I think it all depends on who you talk to.

SBETigg
12-06-2007, 08:07 AM
When I bought my special event tickets for the Pirate and Princess party, I was told in no uncertain terms that the tickets were not exchangeable, transferable, or refundable. Before I authorized the purchase with my credit card, the CM went over it again to make sure I had the night I wanted because you supposedly could not decide to go other night instead or turn them back in for an exchange.

Piglet822
12-06-2007, 09:54 AM
A very good friend bought us MVMCP tickets and I wanted to exchange them as well since we had plans to be at Disney for the following weekend (the tickets were for the 7th).
When I called the regular number on the Disney website I was told in no uncertain terms (and not too friendly, I might add) that tickets were non transferable. I insisted on speaking with someone else. My reasoning was they were bought as gifts, it wasn't as if I had made a mistake.
I was given another number to call and that lady was very helpful. Asked where I lived and told me to go to MK Guest Relations when she found out I lived in Orlando and exchange them myself.
I did just that and the exchange was done quickly and by a very friendly CM :D
But I was told the same thing, as long as the night I wanted wasn't sold out it wouldn't be a problem.

Aggie97
12-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Very interesting... thanks, everyone. When we first asked whether we could exchange the tickets, we were fully expecting to be told "no," as 1) I recalled the same nontransferrable, nonrefundable disclaimers and 2) we did not have a critical reason for the exchange, such as moving our trip dates or being ill. We were very surprised at how easy it was, but I certainly wouldn't expect to be accommodated in the same way going forward! Thanks again. :mickey: