PDA

View Full Version : How Hannah Montana desperate are you?

Christine
12-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Like many, many, many others, I had a heartbroken 8 year old little girl this fall when I could not get tix to the Hannah Montana concert. :shake:

Saturday, we went to see "Enchanted" and the ticket taker handed us a card that led us to this website (www.disney.com/hannahmontana3d)

Apparently, there is a 3D concert coing to theaters February 1st to limited areas, on a limited engagement.

Just thought I'd share it with any other parents who may find themselves struggling for Hannah Montana redemption! ;)

Mackflava99
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
i wasted so much time waiting in websites ti get tickets, then to hit enter and fund out that we lost out by 1/8th of a second

murphy1
12-05-2007, 03:03 PM
I'd say I was a little more peeved off over it all, LOL!!!

Did Olivia get to see her on Oprah? The girls watched that day when they also unveiled the new American Girl doll. I was actually kind of glad I didn't have to go to the concert, but I was looking forward to the Jonas Brothers myself more than HM. I am making Lindsey these really cool HM decoupage jeans, she can't wait!

I don't know if this counts, but we did see her performing over at Typhoon Lagoon when she just started, we were over in the parking lot could hear her, so I can at least say we were at her concert LOL

Jared
12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure what's scarier: Disney releasing a Hannah Montana concert to cinemas in 3D or that there is an audience who will flock to theaters donning ridiculous glasses to watch.

I understand Hannah Montana is the hottest ticket since The Beatles, but this concept is a little absurd. What will pop out of the screen? Miley Cyrus' sweat and blood? I suppose for all the eight-year-old girls whose parents couldn't afford to spend $1,500 for a concert, this movie is a boon, but I'm still a little confused by the idea.

Christine
12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure what's scarier: Disney releasing a Hannah Montana concert to cinemas in 3D or that there is an audience who will flock to theaters donning ridiculous glasses to watch.

I understand Hannah Montana is the hottest ticket since The Beatles, but this concept is a little absurd. What will pop out of the screen? Miley Cyrus' sweat and blood? I suppose for all the eight-year-old girls whose parents couldn't afford to spend $1,500 for a concert, this movie is a boon, but I'm still a little confused by the idea.

Jared, I wholeheartedly agree, but when you're a parent and your child is "devastated" by something, you'd be surprised what you find yourself doing to try to make it right! :shrug:

offwego
12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Actually Jared there is ton's of examples for this (well not in 3D).

Spice Girls, Beatles, Elvis, all had movies where the signing was a big deal of the movie vs the idea of a movie.

Considering the outcry by fans over the ticket issues. (and the fact that a 15 year old girl just can't tour for years to let everyone see 3-4 days in each city) it's a great solution for fans and Disney alike.

(disclaimer I have a 12 year old boy who while he's ok with them has not indicated he wanted to see the tear inducing frustration causing concert thank goodness!)

JPL
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I understand Hannah Montana is the hottest ticket since The Beatles, but this concept is a little absurd.

Ok I never thought I would hear the Beatles and Hannah Montana in the same breath :ack: :sick: :jaw:

As for the Disney Digital 3D it doesn't really make stuff pop out of the screen it just gives the environments a more realistic look. The 3D gimmick also alloows them to charge $15-$20 a ticket.

thrillme
12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
FYI...for those of you wanting the Hannah Montana movie tickets. These sell out too. A friend of mine found this out...fortunately he was able to secure 4 tickets for his granddaughter before they sold out an hour later.

It sounds like this little girl has a great Christmas gift coming. They're going to take her somewhere to have a Hannah Montana Makeover (she'll get a wig and makeup and such) then they'll take her to the movie.

Personally I think Miss Montana is a talented preformer but everything seems a little bit excessive to me...

RedheadWriter
12-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Ok I never thought I would hear the Beatles and Hannah Montana in the same breath :ack: :sick: :jaw:

:nopity:John and George must be laughing:crazy: a bit in the great beyond. I wonder if Hannah will have the staying power of the Beatles or go the way of the New Kids on the Block (the "beatles" of my generation):razz:

mickey&missy
12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Luckily for me the Hannah Montana tickey fiasco was before DD became obessed! For her it's only been a few weeks since she became all about Hannah. I was able to get her all the Hannah stuff she wanted for Christmas, now everything is sold out!

Thanks for the heads up on the movie tickets, I just ordered 2 for DD and I!

Jared
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Jared, I wholeheartedly agree, but when you're a parent and your child is "devastated" by something, you'd be surprised what you find yourself doing to try to make it right! :shrug:
I'm not questioning the parents who take their daughters to this movie. If I were in your position, I'd do the same for my child. I still can't believe how popular this girl has become. Not even the High School Musical concerts saw this kind of unbelievable and outrageous demand.

As for the Disney Digital 3D it doesn't really make stuff pop out of the screen it just gives the environments a more realistic look. The 3D gimmick also alloows them to charge $15-$20 a ticket.
All this 3D movie nonsense is a gimmick and nothing more. I actually spent $14 to see "Beowulf" in IMAX 3D and was punching myself afterward. Not even the greatest technology compensates for a lackluster story and overall production value. Do I really need to spend extra cash to see Cyrus in more than two dimensions?

merlinmagic4
12-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info!! I bought 3 tickets. It will be a real treat for my daughter and just as good as the concert in her eyes! For 15.00 a pop, a lot cheaper than the real thing (and we'll probably have a better view, too ;) ).

The only thing I might have goofed on is I had to buy tickets to a theatre an hour away. It was the closest one but I wonder if they'll add more theatres. Either way, I don't care. It will be a fun afternoon.

Anyone have any ideas on how to present this gift? You don't get the tickets in the mail - you pick them up on the day of the show.

murphy1
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Does anyone remember it was Lizzy McGuire a few years ago? I think Miley will have a good career ahead of her b/c her dad has positioned her that way and obviously they have good management around them. I remember when he was on Good Morning America with her in the 90's as a little girl, it's hard to believe she's a teenager.

Kelly, I would buy a HM t-shirt and wrap the ticket up in that.

merlinmagic4
12-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Kelly, I would buy a HM t-shirt and wrap the ticket up in that.

Thanks, Shari! Great idea!

MNNHFLTX
12-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I still can't believe how popular this girl has become. Not even the High School Musical concerts saw this kind of unbelievable and outrageous demand.True, but the tween girl market has become hugely influential through the years. Remember the Olsen twins six or seven years ago? They built an empire based initially on released-to-DVD movies (with mediocre acting, IMO). Miley Cyrus has definitely found her nitch by combining her TV show persona with her real-life performances. I'm sure most little girls love fantasizing about having a secret life as a pop star. :)

Do I really need to spend extra cash to see Cyrus in more than two dimensions?The good news is that you don't. :thumbsup:

Jared
12-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Remember the Olsen twins six or seven years ago?
I'm not sure Cyrus wants to be compared to Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. For her (and our) sake, let's hope she makes better decisions than the two girls who will never shake the role of Michelle Tanner.

Cyrus is cute and personable, and her father is seemingly a good influence. Maybe she can transcend the trend of young female pop stars and builds a strong career based on talent, not partying.

murphy1
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Who would have thought that a guy with the bad mullet and "Achy Breaky Heart" would have made such a big comeback? And if I were the Olsen twins, I would be happy anyone associated me with being Michelle Tanner, that's what got them all their big bucks. Candace Cameron (DJ) was on The View one day and saying how cool it is that people, especially kids, know she was DJ Tanner. My kids watch Full House on Nick or whatever channel it's on. I'm sure Saget, Stamos and all those people still get royalties from the syndication, DVD and other stuff the show is still generating $$ from. I wish I was part of it, LOL!

NotaGeek
12-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Who would have thought that a guy with the bad mullet and "Achy Breaky Heart" would have made such a big comeback? And if I were the Olsen twins, I would be happy anyone associated me with being Michelle Tanner, that's what got them all their big bucks. Candace Cameron (DJ) was on The View one day and saying how cool it is that people, especially kids, know she was DJ Tanner. My kids watch Full House on Nick or whatever channel it's on. I'm sure Saget, Stamos and all those people still get royalties from the syndication, DVD and other stuff the show is still generating $$ from. I wish I was part of it, LOL!

Actually, what got them their big bucks was the hundreds of millions of dollars that they made with their Olsen Twins shows, dvds, movies, clothing line, dolls ... they cashed in on that "tween" market before anyone even realized how lucrative it was.

MNNHFLTX
12-10-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm not sure Cyrus wants to be compared to Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. For her (and our) sake, let's hope she makes better decisions than the two girls who will never shake the role of Michelle Tanner.
I don't know that they made bad decisions. Being billionaires by the age of 18, they (and their representatives) must have done something right! In fact, as Michael said, they tapped into a market that was bigger than anyone had guessed. Miley Cyrus is doing the same thing, and I have no doubt that she will ride the coat-tails of Hannah Montana for all it's worth (hopefully minus the partying, as you said).

DisneyLandMomma
12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. I had no idea it was a movie of the concert or on such a limited time...I thought it was going to be a movie movie...LOL Lucky for us we are close enough to Disneyland, so I am buying the tickets for the DTD theater. One of my daughters christmas gifts will be 2 tickets(one for me and her), booking a night in a hotel and park hopper tickets for the next day!! WOOHOO She's gonna be sooo excited!! :)

Thanks again!

kakn7294
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that I feel personally responsible for making Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana wealthy. Although we didn't get tickets to the concert, we do have all things Hannah Montana - clothes, shoes, underwear (Megan will kill me for that someday!), socks, purses, jewelry, a Mix Max, toys,... and the list goes on and on.

pink
12-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Just to let everyone know. It was announced the other day that "Hannah Montana" added 14 more days onto her concert tour. I believe the tickets go on sale on Saturday but I'm not sure. :mickey:

Minnie Imagineer
01-13-2008, 10:32 AM
ok, so I went to the HM concert on dec 29th...I think I am the biggest HM fan ever (don't worry, i'm 16!), so my friend I really wanted to go the the concert, so we were checking tons of websites the week before to see if tickets came up, some did but the were thousands of $. The day before the concert (in newark, nj), I checked ticketmaster, the original ticket seller, and it just so happened that there were 3 tickets (the 2 of us + her mom!) available in sec. 1 row 2 (not floor, but great seats), and they were just $60 each!!

I originally wanted to go to the Philadelphia concert, b/c that was closer to me. So at the time of that concert, I thought that we were never getting tickets. The day before the Phila. concert, I went to the stadium to but a concert tee for myself, and one for my best friend for her b-day. It just so happened we got the newark tickets 2 weeks after, so we could wear our shirts to the concert!

The 3-D movie looks really cool. Not only do they show you Hm/Miley & Jonas Bros., but it is backstage so you see HM turning into Miley. I am seeing it opening day (Feb 1), but I bought the tickets in November, we I didn't think I could go to the concert. The tickets are expensive for a movie..like $13, but if you have a daughter who loves HM like I do, I would take her to see this....it's going to be fun!

So next time your buying tickets...look the day before on the original website..not a re-seller!