PDA

View Full Version : Lion King on Stage

DDuck66
12-05-2007, 10:23 AM
I just bought my DW tickets for the Lion King Broadway Production for Christmas. Anyone seen the show and what did you think?? It is coming to Tampa for 6 weeks in May 08.

Mickey'sGirl
12-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Saw it in NY just after it opened about 10 years ago -- and again in Toronto about 8 years ago. It is a fabulous show. The staging (in the productions I saw) was very simple, and the costumes were very natural and rustic .... the focus was on the beauty of the music and the singing. A really really really fabulous show. :thumbsup:

c&d
12-05-2007, 10:43 AM
We saw it when it was in Boston and it was amazing. The costumes, the songs were just wonderful. You're going to have a great time.

Strmchsr
12-05-2007, 11:50 AM
It's truly amazing. You'll love it!

prprincess
12-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Ditto! It's definitely worth buying tickets for. I saw it here in Philly a few years back.

I was curious as to how they'd handle a few of the larger scenes, but they did an amazing job. And the singing literally brought me to tears.

Deesdisney
12-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I loved it. My 4 yr old even loved it. The whole thing is amazing.

Nascfan
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
We're going when it's here in Toledo in March. I'm beside myself with anticipation!

kakn7294
12-05-2007, 03:21 PM
We saw it a few years ago in Pittsburgh and it was fabulous! It's kind of a combination of the movie with the Festival of the Lion King, but much better! Both of my DD's liked it as well - they were about 5 and 9 at the time.

brownie
12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Great show! Really cool to watch from the balcony since they come out into the audience for part of it.

BronxTigger
12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I've seen it twice in NYC. The first time I saw it, it was still in the New Amsterdam (where Mary Poppins is now) and the second time, I saw it in it's current location (Minskoff Theater). It was excellent both times, with very little changes.

I'm not sure how it is when you see the traveling version, but the show is amazing. The techniques they use for the animals are really cool and the music is great. I got the soundtrack and I listen to it often. I'd go see it again if given the opportunity.

Marilyn Michetti
12-06-2007, 08:21 AM
It was super. We saw it in Phoenix shortly after it began. It's "word for word" from the movie, but the costuming and special effects were beyond amazing.:simba:

2Epcot
12-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Great show! Really cool to watch from the balcony since they come out into the audience for part of it.

I've seen the show three times in Los Angeles, each from different parts of the theater ... Once close to the stage, from the balcony, and the back of the house. I really enjoyed seeing new things each time. It's a great show, with so much to take in, you'll enjoy it.

mac badger
12-06-2007, 04:20 PM
it's truly fantastic. im sure your wife will be thrilled. ive seen it in london and the travelling show in jacksonville (fl) . you will have a great time