PDA

View Full Version : Playhouse Disney breakfast

mulderxcoltrane
12-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Has anyone gone to this breakfast at Hollywood and Vine? We will be there next week with our son(turning 2 on the trip) and are trying to pick somewhere to eat on our last day before we catch Magical Express. We don't watch JoJo's Circus, but do watch Little Einsteins.
We will already be eating at Chef Mickeys & Crystal Palace for character meals.
Also wondering about the breakfast at Trail's End...

CzepielCrew
12-05-2007, 08:02 AM
I was just there last week for the character breakfast. It was the loudest restaurant I have ever been in, but it was still fun. There were only 4 characters. June and Leo from Little Einsteins and JoJo and Goliath from Jo Jo's Circus. Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace were great! We also went to Liberty Tree Tavern. :mickey:

stephntampa
12-05-2007, 08:28 AM
I took my 2.5 yo DS to H&V for lunch, but he DID NOT like the characters. Funny thing is, he's never had a problem with any other character meals before:confused: He cried when Leo approached the table, but all the characters were very good about avoiding us and just walked by the table. We did enjoy the food, DS especially enjoyed the sundae bar with all the fixings. I hope you have a great time!

ginger19
12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
We did the lunch there and my kids loved it. My youngest had been crying with every character and somehow Goliath was an instant favorite and she would not let go of him. They had never seen the Little Einsteins at that point but still loved the characters.
The music and dancing were a lot of fun although it was very loud in there. The food was average but that's what I expected with that type of buffet.

MousePotato
12-05-2007, 11:49 AM
My first post!

We went in may for DD5's birthday. Hit the playhouse disney breakfast so DD3 would have something 'hers' - she LOVES Einsteins. DD5 was dismissive at first but by the end she was dancing around the room with everyone else. DD3 really hammed it up when June and Leo came around. She was :cloud9:. A great time was had by all, and anyone who has kids this age should have no problem with the noise level. It was a blast!

Mackflava99
12-05-2007, 01:37 PM
We have gone twice- its really good- the characters spent alot of time with my kids and they really enjoyed it-
On trip one we had great service, but on secnd trip the stuck us in the back corner, so our waitress didn't come bye with drinks until 1/2 way through meal. Otherwise the food was very good and i recommend it.

vamaggie
12-05-2007, 05:38 PM
We went in the beginning of the month. It did not seem too loud to us--we were early though, 8:10am ADR. The buffet was good and varied. They also seemed to attend to the items and change them out frequently. My DD (4) LOVED(repeat LOVED) the character interaction. Each of the 4 characters visited the table one at a time and spent a good deal of time with us for photos, hugs etc--they even interacted with our 10 yr old DS (who cooperated for his little sis's sake!). They also did some dancing with the kids and a conga line around the restaurant. We really liked this meal!