PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for Taylor *UPDATE 12/11*

Here we go again...
12-04-2007, 11:56 PM
My DD, Taylor, is 13 years old now and has had problems with her stomach and bowel since she was about 2 years old. She was under the care of the only pediatric gastenterologist in town for years. I never liked him... we used him because that was all we had.

Taylor has had severe constipation and stomach pains since she was little. She has been on laxitives for years and this new doctor changed her to a stool softener only. We have done the scopes, had a colonoscomy, upper GIs, lower bowel tests with the barium... no answer.

We never know when Taylor will have an attack. She starts cramping and turns ghostly, ashey white. She lookes like she is going to pass out any minute. She stays this way until the cramping stops or she can throw up.
Last week the school nurse accused her of faking... within 3 minutes she threw up all over the class room. Now they believe her.

So far this new doctor (who I love) has only said Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Now with the addition of the vomiting he is thinking maybe the gallbladder. So, Thursday we go for an ultra sound at 6am and she gets her stomach scoped at 1:30. Hopefully we will get some answers.

Now tonight as I sit here to write this I got a call letting me know that my uncle passed away. He had a heart attack....

On the flip side, dad called to tell us his chemo is working!! The pain in his jaw is easing up!

We will take any spare pixie dust and prayers you can spare. Thanks,
Angel

Dsnygirl
12-05-2007, 02:17 AM
Oh Angel, I'm so sorry to hear about the tough stuff going on... although I'm glad to know the chemo is helping your dad -- that's great!! But I'm really sorry to hear about your uncle, and I'll send boatloads of :pixie::pixie: Taylor's way... I sure hope they figure out what's been bothering her, poor thing!! I was going to guess IBS or something similar, as it sounds a lot like what one of my co-workers goes through. I hope she'll be feeling a lot better soon!! Good luck and :hug: to you as you go through all of this!!

Miss Mouse
12-05-2007, 03:34 AM
My goodness, Angel - you've got a ton on your plate! Sorry to hear about all the difficult stuff that is going on in your life right now - that must be really tough.

I'm sending some prayers and pixie dust your way for both your father and your daughter (and of course, you), and my condolences in regards to your uncle.

May everyone get well as quickly as possible and be sure that you don't forget to take care of yourself in the midst of all this! Remember - God never sends us more than he knows we can handle. :hug:

vizsla
12-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Tons of :pixie: on the way.

mickey&missy
12-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Angel, I'm so srry your going through all of this. I hope DD is ok, please let us know how the ultrasound goes. I also pray for your fathers good health and give you my sincere condolences on the death of your uncle.

lots of :hug: and :pixie: sent your way!

mrsgaribaldi
12-05-2007, 06:34 AM
More :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way.

disneydeb
12-05-2007, 06:40 AM
:hug::hug::hug::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Angel,
The hugs and pixie dust are for you, Taylor and your dad! Bless you all!

deb

RedheadWriter
12-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Glad top read the news about your dad's chemo.
So sorry that with your wrroies about Taylor you got the news about your uncle. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
As someone who had her gallbladder taken out, I am hoping that that is what is wrong with her. I can;t tell you how much better I felt the first day after it was gone.
Sending LOADS of :pixie: to you and the family

conorsmom2000
12-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Angel, you definitely have a lot going on! Conor suffered from chronic constipation as an infant/toddler through preschool age, so I know somewhat what that is like (I'll never forget one of our ER trips when he was 18 months old and after xrays, him telling everyone for days about his "belly on a picture!" :( ) Much pixie dust and prayers for Taylor - please let us know how the the procedures go! :pixie::pixie::pixie: An my sympathies on the loss of your Uncle and continued prayers for your Dad! :hug:

BelleBeauty
12-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Angel,

:pixie::pixie::pixie: and continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family!

JessicaRabbit
12-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Lots and Lots of :pixie: for you and your family!

As a Mom of a son with Ulcerative Colitis, I know full well how frustrating it is to have a child with these types of symptoms. I'm glad you have a doctor that you love - we have found this to be key in getting through the diverse symptoms and treatments. I hope you get some answers from the tests.

I'm so sorry for all of the stuff you have on your plate right now - I'll send some extra :tink: your way.

DizNee143
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
pixie dust on the way for everything!!
hope they can find a real meaning to your daughters stomach problems!!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

gauvin4
12-05-2007, 08:39 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Lots of pixie dust coming your way for all of your family.

I hope they are able to find out what is going on with Taylor. It must be very frustrating for all of you.

Take Care!

ElenitaB
12-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Angel, here's a whole truckload of :pixie: for Taylor, your dad (what great news! :joy:) and for your uncle. Please know that there's some for you too... you have so much going on and since I can't be there to give you one in person, so here's a virtual :hug:

P.S. Tell Taylor that Ben sends :pixie: too!

MsMin
12-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Angel I wanted to put up a post for Taylor but wasn't sure what to say. We always have tons of :pixie: for Taylor and your dad too. You know how my kids think you are part of the family...
:pixie: hope it's nothing serious for Taylor. Rhett went to a pediatric gastrologist when he was little about til he was Taylors age now. Hope there is nothing serious.
:pixie: for your dad too. My dad has been going to the dr. for blood in his urine and they set up an appointment @ Mary Bird Perkins, the cancer center, and have not said why? So I know how stressful it is but we have to wait and see. I think it's the waiting and not knowing that is so so stressful. :angel: will keep you all in our prayers... see you soon.

Christine
12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Angel, what a rollercoaster you've been on lately. I'm sorry about your loss, and am glad your dad is doing better.

I am sorry that Taylor has been going through this.

I had my gallbladder removed in May after years of suffering some similar symptoms.

My BIG piece of advice is DON'T stop pursuing the gallbladder if the ultrasound comes back normal.

My ultrasound came back normal, and they let it go, and after a year or two more, they did another one...still normal. Finally my doc said, "well there are no stones and the shape is regular, but I wonder if it's the FUNCTION!"

They did a hydascan to check if my gallbladder was functioning, and BINGO! It was only working at 17%.

I had it removed in May, and I have been a new person since!

Best of luck and :pixie: for you all!

Hayden's Dad
12-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I am so sorry to hear about all these trials going on in your life right now. When it rains it pours. Sending you some pixie dust and prayers for your daughter and yourself. :pixie::pixie:

Piglet822
12-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Angel, condolences to you and your family on the loss of your uncle :hug:
Sending lots of :pixie: for all and I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Mickey'sGirl
12-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Loads of :pixie: for you and Taylor Angel! My BinL just had his gall bladder removed last week and I know how much pain he was in beforehand. :pixie: for a resolution!

I am sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing, but am so happy to hear of your father's good results! :hug: for all of you.

Mackflava99
12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Our thoughts and prayers to you and your little one-

lots of :tink: :pixiedust:

DisneyDudet
12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Angel, I am so sorry to hear that you have so much going on at this busy time of year. Hopefully you get your answers during these next tests so Taylor can get the care she needs and be healthy! I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. I pray for you and your family, as the holidays make losing a loved one even more difficult.

Praise the Lord for your Dad! That is wonderful news about the Chemo! Not only is it great that its working, but the fact that your Dad now has a positive to feel great about! I hope it continues to work!

Please keep us updated on Taylor's situation. :pixie: is on the way!

Here we go again...
12-06-2007, 05:55 PM
**update**
Taylor had her tests run this morning. The doctor said he found some pin holes and a "spot" in her stomach. He took a biopsy to see what it was and to check for bacteria.
He started her on Prevacid and we should have the results of the biopsy and ultrasound back by Monday.
:fingers:

RenDuran
12-07-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts.

pink
12-07-2007, 05:35 PM
I hope that everything works out for your daughter, I've had a lot of stomach problems lately and I know how stressful it can be. I'm crossing my fingers that her tests results come back ok! :mickey:

merlinmagic4
12-07-2007, 07:17 PM
I sure hope Taylor's problems resolve and that you get some answers about which direction to go in. I'm sorry about your uncle. Sounds like you need some extra :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and I just happen to have a stockpile since I haven't needed it in a while. Good luck!

BelleCiavo
12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Lots of prayers and pixie dust. :pixie: Very sorry about your uncle. Has Taylor been tested for celiac disease?

Here we go again...
12-11-2007, 04:02 AM
***Update 12/10/07***

The doctor called today to let us know that Taylor had the bacteria in her stomach that causes ulcers. They kept referring to it as a parisite...
Anyway, she starts 10 days of treatment today that the nurse said would be bad... she said Taylor will hate us for 10 days then she will be a different child.

I am so happy that they finally figured it out, we have been dealing with this for years. I want to see my DD pain free for a while. Now, we just have to get through the next 10 days....

merlinmagic4
12-11-2007, 06:38 AM
That's great news! I'm so glad you got some answers. :pixie: for a smooth 10 days of treatment.

faline
12-11-2007, 07:10 AM
My BIG piece of advice is DON'T stop pursuing the gallbladder if the ultrasound comes back normal.

My ultrasound came back normal, and they let it go, and after a year or two more, they did another one...still normal. Finally my doc said, "well there are no stones and the shape is regular, but I wonder if it's the FUNCTION!"

They did a hydascan to check if my gallbladder was functioning, and BINGO! It was only working at 17%.

I had it removed in May, and I have been a new person since!

I would also suggest pushing for a gall baldder function test if the ultrasound reveals a "normal" gall bladder. My husband suffered for years before they finally diagnosed and removed his bad gallbladder. He was also told it was normal following ultrasound. Strangely, though, I kept saying it was his gall bladder all along!

faline
12-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now. :pixie::pixie:

Mickey'sGirl
12-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Lots of prayers and pixie dust. :pixie: Very sorry about your uncle. Has Taylor been tested for celiac disease?
That's what I was wondering..... The treatment Angel is describing is almost like the gluten "detox" that is done for celiacs.

Christine
12-11-2007, 09:11 AM
What the heck is this 10 day treatment that she is going to hate you for it? :scared:

Let us know how it goes! Continued :pixie: and prayers to you all!

faline
12-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Poor kid! I hope the treatment will provide the cure - especially since it sounds unpleasant!

mickey&missy
12-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Angel, Continued :pixie: and prayers. I agree with the others who mentioned Celiacs Disease, prehaps you should mention it to the Dr.

I hope she feels better soon and doesn't hate you too much for the treatment! Lots of :hug:

Dsnygirl
12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Angel, I'm sending more :pixie::pixie: and prayers your way as you go through the next 9-10 days... I sure hope that at the end of this, everything is better and you guys can relax a little!! You sure deserve it!! Good luck, and give Taylor a :hug: from all of us!!

Here we go again...
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I would also suggest pushing for a gall baldder function test if the ultrasound reveals a "normal" gall bladder. My husband suffered for years before they finally diagnosed and removed his bad gallbladder. He was also told it was normal following ultrasound. Strangely, though, I kept saying it was his gall bladder all along!
I mentioned the Hydascan to the nurse today and she said that if this treatment does not work then we will do more testing. At this point they are pretty sure they found the problem.
I am just glad that we finally have an answer... The pediatric doctor we were seeing did 2 scans, a colonoscopy, upper GI and lower bowel series with barium. He put Taylor through so much but never did a biopspy on her stomach! I am glad that I was able to talk this doctor into seeing her. At first he did not want to because she was only 13 and under 100 pounds.

That's what I was wondering..... The treatment Angel is describing is almost like the gluten "detox" that is done for celiacs.
She is taking Tetracycline, Flagyl and Previcid... all adult doses and all 2 times a day. The big problem is that is tears her stomach up. She has to take one of them on an empty stomach and she gets so nauseated after she takes it. This morning she was shaking and looked ghostly white.

What the heck is this 10 day treatment that she is going to hate you for it? :scared:

Let us know how it goes! Continued :pixie: and prayers to you all!
The nurse said that she will feel worse on the medicine than she did before... but after 8-10 days she will be like a new person.
I hope this new person is sweet and does not talk back. ;)

MsMin
12-11-2007, 11:24 PM
I
I hope this new person is sweet and does not talk back. ;)
:rotfl: We are talking about YOUR DD right??? Sweet yes but talking back is definitely in her genes....
What a lousy time of year for Taylor to go through this. I hope :pixie: she is feeling 100% by Christmas :tree:
More :pixie: for all of you.... Hope you take it easy too and everyone is feeling great real soon :hug:

SgtTigger
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
:rotfl: We are talking about YOUR DD right??? Sweet yes but talking back is definitely in her genes....

You hit that nail on the head...... :doh:

I do want to say that Taylor is a very sweet person but I do think it comes from her dads side of the family.......

Tell Taylor I said hope she feels better soon.........

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
You hit that nail on the head...... :doh:

I do want to say that Taylor is a very sweet person but I do think it comes from her dads side of the family.......

Tell Taylor I said hope she feels better soon.........

Bret, you should have been at the meet in Foley. You could have met my other DD, Shannon. Jamie thinks she is her long lost triplet... that should tell you something. ;)

bleukarma
12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Here is some pixie dust in hopes that Taylor gets through the next few days and comes out all better on the other side. :pixie:

Also for you, for everything you are going through. :pixie:

SodaPopMGK
12-13-2007, 08:39 PM
I hope your daughter feels better soon. My whole family was on Flagyl for a parasite and we have never tasted nastier medicine or felt sicker, I hope your daughter does better with it because as an adult I seriously considered just hanging onto that parasite rather than endure that medicine. I will keep her in my prayers and send her some:pixie::pixie: for a complete recovery.

cal5755
12-13-2007, 10:17 PM
That sounds horrible for a 13 year old to have to go through!! I hope she does feel like a new person after the medicine takes effect. I do hope she feels better soon!

I hope you feel better too. It has to be tough on you too seeing her in so much pain. Hugs to you!

SgtTigger
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Bret, you should have been at the meet in Foley. You could have met my other DD, Shannon. Jamie thinks she is her long lost triplet... that should tell you something. ;)

I am now SCARED :eek::paranoid::faint:

Here we go again...
12-13-2007, 10:31 PM
I hope your daughter feels better soon. My whole family was on Flagyl for a parasite and we have never tasted nastier medicine or felt sicker, I hope your daughter does better with it because as an adult I seriously considered just hanging onto that parasite rather than endure that medicine. I will keep her in my prayers and send her some:pixie::pixie: for a complete recovery.

The nurse called today to see how Taylor is doing.
The funny thing is that it looks like she is handling it better than most adults. She has a lot of stomach pain after she takes the tetracyclene because she has to take it on an empty stomach and then sit up for 30 minutes. After about 1 hour she starts complaining about the pain. Other than that, she has been a trooper... If only her mom handled things as well as her. :blush:

She has a doctor's excuse to stay home from school until next Wednesday. I did not tell her how long the excuse was for... I am planning to send her back to school Monday if she continues to do as well as she is now.

HndrdPrcnt
12-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Angel -

I am so sorry to hear that your DD is having to endure so much pain. I can only imagine that it must be horrible to see her in that condition. However, thank God that a doctor who is possibly found a solution to the problem. I will be in prayer for her and for this treatment to be the solution that you have been looking for.

I am also sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle. May God bless you and your family this Christmas!!

John

Bethanymouse
12-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Here is some pixie dust for you and your family! I will keep you in my prayers. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

AbeeNormal
12-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm so glad a possible solution has been found for your DD. It's so hard when our kids are sick and you have been dealing with this for a long time.

I pray that this is the beginning of the end of her pain and suffering and she can just be a little girl again (even if she does talk back.):D

I have a 7 year old DS and let me tell ya boys talk back too. You'd think he was the next President - I wouldn't trade him for the world though. :thumbsup:

Good luck with her recovery & I'm also real sorry to hear about your Uncle.:flower: