PDA

View Full Version : Buffet at meal-switch time

mulderxcoltrane
12-04-2007, 11:34 PM
What happens if you have an ADR at the end of breakfast time (i.e. 11:00) and lunch starts at 11:30? Do you only get breakast and get "kicked out" at 11:30? or can you eat lunch food when it's time?

natkevnol
12-05-2007, 10:09 AM
From my experience, they will not ask you to leave. Not sure where you're eating but everytime we eat at Crystal Palace it's between lunch and dinner. In fact, two weeks ago I asked the server, just to be sure, and she said..."stay as long as you like...have lunch..then stay for dinner :mickey:) In fact, one our best character interactions was having a late lunch at CP..most people are gone..the dinner crowd hasn't been sat yet and we had the characters all to ourselves.

JPL
12-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Lots of people actually schedule a "brunch" they start off with a late breakfast and then their second trip to the buffet they have lunch items :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Last Dec., we went to CP, and were seated close to the Lunch. Well, I respectfully have to disagree with the above post about the CM's being "loose" with lunch.

We got our first plate, ate at our usual Sr. Citizen pace, and were ready to go up again. We were discreetly, but definately, "followed" to the serving area. Gone were most of the breakfast items, so when we started toward the other table, we were actually informed that "this is a lunch" item. A CM hovered near our table until we left.

We didn't plan this - it was just a walk up seating. If they had told us from the start that we only had fifteen min. of breakfast left, I wouldn't have resented them for the rush we got, but nobody said anything. We had another coffee with that same CM standing closeby, and left feeling a little wierd. I mean, we REALLY were almost embarassed, and we didn't do anything wrong.

Maybe we just got the wrong CM, but.....?????:blush:

Goes4FastPass
12-05-2007, 06:00 PM
"this is a lunch" item. A CM hovered near our table until we left...

Yes, you had the wrong CM. It was time to speak to a "lead".

mulderxcoltrane
12-05-2007, 06:17 PM
What if we get a 10:45 ADR at Boma whose breakfast stops at 11:00 and there's no lunch - will we have slim pickings and the ends of all the food since they won't be putting out new/fresh dishes?

Jared
12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Last Dec., we went to CP, and were seated close to the Lunch. Well, I respectfully have to disagree with the above post about the CM's being "loose" with lunch.

We got our first plate, ate at our usual Sr. Citizen pace, and were ready to go up again. We were discreetly, but definately, "followed" to the serving area. Gone were most of the breakfast items, so when we started toward the other table, we were actually informed that "this is a lunch" item. A CM hovered near our table until we left.

We didn't plan this - it was just a walk up seating. If they had told us from the start that we only had fifteen min. of breakfast left, I wouldn't have resented them for the rush we got, but nobody said anything. We had another coffee with that same CM standing closeby, and left feeling a little wierd. I mean, we REALLY were almost embarassed, and we didn't do anything wrong.

Maybe we just got the wrong CM, but.....?????:blush:
The Cast Member was wrong. You should not have been rushed through your meal, and you should have been offered the full selection of food available at the buffet. Do not let this experience deter you from scheduling late meals. Next time, talk to a manager.

What if we get a 10:45 ADR at Boma whose breakfast stops at 11:00 and there's no lunch - will we have slim pickings and the ends of all the food since they won't be putting out new/fresh dishes?
I wouldn't worry about scheduling a late breakfast at Boma. The food will be fresh and delicious, even toward the end of the meal.

JPL
12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
The Cast Member was wrong. You should not have been rushed through your meal, and you should have been offered the full selection of food available at the buffet. Do not let this experience deter you from scheduling late meals. Next time, talk to a manager.

I agree a buffet is all you can eat not how fast you can eat and you also paid for the Character interactions and I'm sure they all didn't make it to your table. They definately should have at least warned if this was the policy. In the past I have eaten a late breakfast at CP and never had a problem when they changed it over to lunch.

tinkerbell04
12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I too am sorry for your experience. We had a very early lunch reservation at Mama Melroses one day and when we were seated, we were the first lunch seating of the day, they were still serving breakfast on one side and had just switchec to lunch on the other side. We ate from both sides at the encouragement of our CM. :mickey: