PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Solo Trip Pre-Trip Report!

grego77
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
When: Dec 7-10
Where: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort! :cloud9:
Who: Just me...Greg :mickey: 23, from Bellingham, MA.

Hey everyone. I can finally say I am going on a solo trip. I've always wanted to try out Disney by myself, and I sure am going to take advantage of it. I have a VERY event filled 4 days, which originated as a tag-along to ALL the Mousefest events. Now it's turned into a "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT" trip, which has a MUCH nicer ring to it...LOL! I intend on sticking to this mantra, and NOT sticking to it, whenever I feel like it...HAHA! :party:

Friday: Depart BOS 7:30AM on Delta
Arrive in MCO at 10:54 (or so)...get a quick meal to go at chick-fil-a...NO, we don't have them where I am...and I'm obsessed!!! LOL. After arriving at CSR, I plan to take a bus to MGM and have lunch at 50s Prime Time Cafe, a recent addition to my ADRs because I just LOVE those PB&J milkshakes. Trust me, they're awesome! After tooling around MGM for a little while, I'm meeting up with a couple fellow MA Intercotees in Epcot for a couple hours, before I make my way to Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. After dinner, I have a reservation for the Wishes Cruise (a first for me!) and I promise to bring my sweatshirt! hehe. If I'm up to it afterwards, I'll go to Downtown Disney to shop a bit, otherwise it's back to CSR to sleep.

Sat: Up early for an early Xmas/Hanukkah gift to myself...AN EPCOT SEGWAY TOUR! Yes, I did do one in Sept, but I LOVED it and can't wait to do it again. :cloud9:. After the tour, I might try to fit in a Mousefest pin trading meet at the Dolphin, otherwise I'll stay in the area and wait patiently before my FAVORITE restaurant, Coral Reef at 12pm. I can taste the Mahi Mahi now! :cloud9::cloud9:. I will peruse around Epcot in the PM (crossing my fingers that Spaceship Earth MAY be open!), possibly also checking out the Mousefest Mega-Meet at the Dolphin. I will be around for the tree lighting at Epcot, and then make my way to Italy for dinner at Tutto Italia (another first). I'll get a bit of shopping done, and wait in line to hear teeny-bopper Monique Coleman *hopefully* make me cry (in a good way) in the Candlelight Processional (another first!). After that, I'll run to Magic Kingdom and maybe catch the Spectro-Magic Parade and attempt to get a good number of rides in (the park's open till 1AM!). I will eventually make my way back to CSR and sleep.

Sun: Leisurely wake up and make my way to Animal Kingdom. I want to do a safari ride, Expedition Everest, catch the two incredible shows, and then eat at Yak and Yeti and try their sumptuous food (another first). We'll see if all that actually does happen...hehe. I will then head to MGM most likely, and get a few rides in there, maybe catch the parade, and then head back to CSR for a bit. I need to be at MK by 5:30 to catch Cinderella's Wish (the event that's been getting the most hype on ICot!) and if I feel adventurous, I will go BACK to MGM to catch the Osborne Lights, before returning to MK for the Christmas Party which I am UBER excited about (another first)! I will eat at Columbia Harbor House at some point during the evening, and catch the parade, wishes, and hopefully a few other things (maybe even a picture with Santa...what a pic that would be!!!). I'd IDEALLY like to stay as long as possible. We'll see!

Monday: Either head back to Animal Kindom OR Magic Kingdom, whichever I decide I'd like to bombard for the AM. I have a tentative reservation at Biergarten at Epcot at 12, but we'll see if that works out. I'd also ideally like to catch some rays and spend a couple hours on CSR property. Maybe I'll make time for that too! I will catch the 2:15 bus back to MCO, get another meal at Chick-fil-A (hehe!) and fly back to BOS.

This trip has a lot of firsts for me, and some things I simply can't NOT do! I am REALLY excited, and hoping to just simply HAVE A BLAST. It's been a rough month and a half for me, and I just need some 'me' time, and I'm just looking forward to chatting with strangers, and eating a lot, and taking lots of pictures, and enjoying the weather at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! :party:

I do promise as well that I WILL do a trip report (a complete one!) when I return! hehe. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Here's hoping you do "have a blast." Enjoy your trip and stay safe. Can't wait to hear all about it.:mickey:

faline
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Greg, your plans sound wonderful! Have a great trip!

AbeeNormal
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Sounds like you are going to have one fantastic trip and here's to that :cheers:

I'll really be looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back.

grego77
12-06-2007, 08:57 AM
1 more day...SO EXCITED! :santa::cloud9:

DizNee143
12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
sounds like a great trip...hope you have a great time!! :mickey:

KylesMom
12-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Your schedule looks absolutely fabulous, Greg!

Now -- don't forget to bring your caffeine tablets, because it looks like you're gonna need 'em! :D Enjoy! :mickey:

realtreebar
12-07-2007, 12:55 AM
have fun!

ChipnDaleGal
12-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I hope you have a wonderful trip Greg! Enjoy your "me" time and all the gorgeous holiday decorations. Safe travels! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
12-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Just got a message from Greg that he's on his way to a park!

RedheadWriter
12-08-2007, 10:38 PM
can't wait to heare about your trip. I want to do a solo trip soon, too!

amorillo
12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Hope you're having a great trip and eating lots of yummy food! Can't wait to read all about it!