PDA

View Full Version : Weather At The Parks

DisneyPrincess21
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I am getting ready for my trip to Disney world on December 23-28. :mickey: This will be my first trip during December, And i wanted to know what is the weather like? I have no idea what to pack. Are capri's and flip flops okay? And then bring a hoodie/sweater for at night. Or should i wear pants? The last time we went was last April and on the first day i wore sneakers and socks and got tons of blisters. So the rest of the trip i made it through the whole park with my trusty $5 old navy flip flops And no more blister's. So i would really prefer wearing my flip flops, But i would imagine it will be to chilly for flip flops right? Someone help me please! :confused:

IloveDisney71
12-04-2007, 09:32 PM
December weather can be unpredictable. It can be really cold one day and warm the next. I'd look at the extended Orlando forecast before you leave for your trip. Layers are usually good, it can be chilly in the morning and at night, but can be warmer during the day. I'm not sure about flip-flops...? Maybe someone else wil have an idea. I always wear broken in tennis shoes and socks.

Pirate Granny
12-04-2007, 11:41 PM
I got those neat socks at the Japanese Pavillion in EPCOT...the ones that have a big toe and then the rest of the toes...so to fit flip-flops...they are wonderful, especially when the weather cools off, but too cold for bare feet.

The last few times we went in December (between Xmas & NE) it's been cool...short sleeves during the day, coats at night...and pants were more practical if you weren't going back to the hotel...

I'll be back on the 26th...just booked a quick trip with my disney buddy...
:pirate:

Meteora
12-05-2007, 09:50 AM
As others have said, weather in late December is very unpredictable. I usually bring a few tee shirts, a few tank tops, a couple of long sleeved shirts, one or two comfortable, multi-purpose sweaters or sweatshirts (something you could wear over a number of different things), and probably one pair each of shorts, capris, and jeans. I would also advise one medium-weather coat, preferably something waterproof, and if you get cold easily and plan to spend early mornings in the park, you might want to consider a pair of gloves and a hat or earmuffs. In late December, when it rains, the temperature drops, and you want to be ready for that, especially since rainy days are often the best ones to beat crowds.

The best thing you can do is check the weather forecast before you leave for the day to see what the expected highs and lows are. If you're planning on not returning to your room at all during the day, you probably want to bring a light jacket or sweatshirt and wrap it around your waist, even it it seems very hot out--Florida evenings can chill off quickly. As for the flip flops, if you're most comfortable in them, you should give it a shot, but your toes might get a tad chilly in the evening. Maybe keep a pair of socks in your bag.

Have a great time!

TheRustyScupper
12-05-2007, 10:03 AM
1) Weather DEFINITE
. . . cool in AM until sun warms, about 11:00am
. . . warm during day until about 5:00pm
. . . cool in PM after sun sets
2) Clothing PROBABLE
. . . sweatshirt or light jacket in AM
. . . shorts and tees during day until about 5:00pm
. . . sweatshirt or light jacket after 5:30pm

3) Weather CONTINGENCY
. . . could be very cold all day
. . . could be very warm all day

NOTE: During Dec-Jan-Feb, it is wise to bring extra clothing. Ideally, you have warm weather and cold weather clothes. AS AN AVERAGE, sweatshirts and light jackets should be fine, as long as you layer. This "should" get you through most Decembers.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-05-2007, 10:08 AM
:mickey: I hate to sound like a broken record but the weather is truly unpredictable, we've been there twice in December 2002 and 2005 and the weather was different both times. On our first trip it was extremely cold and we did not come prepared and had to buy jackets at Disney. The second trip was mild every day but one had highs in the high 60s and low 70's. (The last day was a bit chilly) We layered wearing short sleeve shirts, jeans and tennis shoes with hoodies that could be tied around the waist when it was warm. Having said that keep in mind that nighttime in the parks is cold regardless because of the breeze coming off the lake. In 2003 at Illuminations it was frosty enough for us to see our breath. If you wear flip flops I would recommend changing into heavier shoes with socks before venturing out at night.