PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Christmas Morning Breakfast

SgtTigger
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
It is now time for the annual topic of What do you have for Christmas morning breakfast?

I have Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast every year since as long as I can remember........ it is my tradition.....

What do you have????

In the past we have had some great things people have on that wonderfull morning so come on and post....... What do you have Christmas Morning?????

:tree: :deer: :snowman:

:cop: :tigger:

MsMin
12-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Monkey Bread if they are good but egg nog on stale cornflakes if they are bad:thedolls:

IloveDisney71
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM
I have Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast every year since as long as I can remember........ it is my tradition...
This is too weird!
That is exactly what I have made for b-fast ever since my 2 DD's were little girls! It's simple and just a little something to hold us over until the huge lunch at my aunt & uncle's house.

Mickey91
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
We go to my parents house and have a big yummy breakfast with eggs, bacon, pecan waffles, juice and coffee. MMMM...Can't wait.

Christine
12-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole (eggs, sausage, bisquick, cheese, rotel).

YUM!

tinksmom02
12-04-2007, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=SgtTigger;1488337]I have Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast every year since as long as I can remember........ it is my tradition.....
What do you have???? [QUOTE]

That's our Christmas tradition, too! Started way back when I was a kid, and I've continued it with my little family too. They're quick and easy, and delicious! LOL I won't even try the newer varieties, although I'm sure they're delicious, too...it has to be the original Cinnamon Rolls, the same ones I ate as a kid! LOL

adoptionislove
12-04-2007, 10:50 PM
We have breakfast sausage squares. Crescent roll dough spread out over a casserole dish, sausage cooked and crumbled and egg and cheese on top! YUM! Oh yea, and Mimosas!!!

Michelle :thumbsup:

Zippy 1
12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Our family has a big brunch. With eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, breakfast burritos, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit and juices. It is a big family event. My brothers and sister and families all come:party:

Sunshine1010
12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls here. My parents started the tradition. Now that they are both deceased....I am doing every year for my son.

Here's the funny part:....he looks forward to this tradition.

Hopefully, it will pass down to his kids.

SgtTigger
12-04-2007, 11:19 PM
This is too weird!

You will find out that it is not too weird..... A lot of people have them for breakfast christmas morning.....

Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls here. My parents started the tradition. Now that they are both deceased....I am doing every year for my son.

Here's the funny part:....he looks forward to this tradition.

Hopefully, it will pass down to his kids.

Hey I am 41 and I look forward to it every year..... I will be going to my dads house christmas morning and I can tell you he will have them for me........

Here we go again...
12-04-2007, 11:29 PM
We have to throw tradition out the window this year. I am looking to a healthy alternative to the french toast we usually have.

I bought a Mickey Waffle maker. Does anyone know of a good healthy way to make Mickey waffles?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-04-2007, 11:37 PM
We have a great Belgian waffle maker and have made those for Xmas morning breakfast for a few years now. The boys have bacon with theirs and DD and I have sausage.

Hot chocolate for the kids, hot tea for Mom and chocolate milk for DH..lol.

I love Christmas morning breakfast. :cloud9:

Pipalotta
12-05-2007, 01:12 AM
We love tradition, but ours is just to make something different each year. Last year I made a "strata". I got the idea watching "The Family Stone", it is the breakfast that Sarah Jessica Parker makes in the movie. But in past years we have had breakfast cassarole, eggs benidict, pank cakes etc. No clue what I will make this year. I guess I will have to start looking.

Dsnygirl
12-05-2007, 02:32 AM
What do you have Christmas Morning?

Exactly that... a dish called Christmas Morn!! Kind-of like a breakfast casserole, with eggs, cheese, french bread, bacon & sausage. I also make stollen for Christmas Eve/morn and NY Eve/day... it's a yummy sweet yeast bread with filling and frosting. A new tradition for us that my DH loves and thus I'm continuing is baked french toast, with LOTS of syrup... it is so good, I'm getting hungry!! :D

Monkey Bread if they are good...
mmmmm.... that sounds delicious!!

Oh yea, and Mimosas!!!

another good idea....

Miss Mouse
12-05-2007, 03:30 AM
We don't really have a traditional Christmas morning breakfast that we tend to do year after year. The one constant that I can think of is that we all try to eat as little as possible so that we can save alot of room for our yummy christmas dinner! ;)

disneydeb
12-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Cinnamon rolls, fruit salad, and maybe some ham for this year.

When the girls were litle and my mom and stepfather would come over Christmas morning to see what Santa had left for them, I would cook country ham, eggs, biscuit, gravy and fried potatoes. This was the only meal I shared with my mother that day because my MIL would complain if we were not at her house Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day.:mad:

My dear mother would hold her celebration on a Sunday after church, close to Christmas.

Dragongirlx
12-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Croissants, bacon and scrambled eggs

Yummy!

conorsmom2000
12-05-2007, 07:25 AM
You will find out that it is not too weird..... A lot of people have them for breakfast christmas morning.....

:yes: Yep, add us to that list! We've had Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls every year since I was a kid and now it's also a tradition for Mike, Conor and I! :santa3: It's the best way to start off a long, long day!!

Jenemmy
12-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Add me to the Pillsbury Cinnamon roll club! Although, ever since I accidentally bought the Grands Cinnamon Rolls -- the old classics just won't do for my kids anymore....they want the rolls that are as big as their heads! LOL.

Family comes over around lunch time and we set out a huge buffet that people just sort of graze on for the rest of the day.

RedSoxFan
12-05-2007, 07:51 AM
We'll have cranberry bread and cinnamon rolls.:santa3::tree:

JessicaRabbit
12-05-2007, 07:54 AM
on Christmas morning because we only ate two meals - the morning breakfast (with eggs/bacon/sausage/homefries/biscuits) and then Christmas dinner around 4:00 p.m.

We still do the two meals on Christmas but breakfast for the five of us is a little different. For the kids, I make Santa Pancakes (pancakes with M&M eyes, cherry nose, chocolate chip mouth and whipped cream for Santa's hat and beard (with a cherry on the end of the "hat") - my kids look forward to this every year. I also make Monkey Bread and DH and I pick at this with our coffee.

Great thread! Love to see all the traditions that are continued with the new generations!

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I have been making homemade sticky buns along with sausage and cheese balls for the past several Christmas mornings. Yum!!!

DizNee143
12-05-2007, 08:44 AM
we eat christmas cookies!! we have always done that..its the one day a year we were allowed to have cookies for breakfast!!..and that is sooo one tradition i plan to keep!! lol...usually theres also some type of coffee cake or something that we also have..
with everyone and the cinnamon rolls i did it last year for us..it was a big hit..but i dont think ill be doing it again..
oh ya..what is monkey bread?

kaylamag
12-05-2007, 09:13 AM
We have alway's done the pillsbury cinnamon rolls until last year, when i forgot to buy them. We had chocolate chip pancakes instead. All year long my 7 year old daughter has been reminding me to buy cinnamon rolls so that we have them for Christmas morning...which reminds me i better put cinnamon rolls on my shopping list!

Marilyn Michetti
12-05-2007, 09:58 AM
When I was a kid, we had to eat our cereal, juice, and milk, and my mother would drag out breakfast "forever", (it seemed).

When we were raising our DS and DD, we did monkey bread.

Now, it's just the two of us, so Dunkin Donuts and coffee. We have a big dinner here or one of the relatives, but breakfast is very simple, very unhealthy, and I love it.:blush:

ibrowse17
12-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Mom's French Toast!! Man that is good stuff:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
12-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I have Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast every year since as long as I can remember........ it is my tradition.....

What do you have????...because of you, Bret this is now our tradition too! We always had the mini boxes of "sugar" cereal on Christmas morning growing up -- so this is something I have continued with my sons. We go low key at breakfast, as we host Christmas dinner on the 23rd, 24th and 25th ....

I bought a Mickey Waffle maker. Does anyone know of a good healthy way to make Mickey waffles?A proper belgian waffle recipe should call for egg whites -- You should be able to find a good recipe using whole wheat flour and egg whites on line. Serve them with fresh fruit and maybe some yogurt and you have a really lovely healthy waffle alternative! :thumbsup:

jrkcr
12-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Dutch baby with blueberries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar "snow" :snowball:, banana nut bread, cranberry oatmeal cake, and clementines! I love the smell of oranges on christmas morning!! Coffee and homemade hot chocolate! :chef:

Nascfan
12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Ah it's cinnamon roll time again. Love 'em! :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
We don't really do breakfast. Dh and I sleep in.. then watch the Disney Christmas Parade, then head over to my parents house around lunch time where we will snack until dinner. Growing up I think we just did cold cereal or pop tarts. But all that talk about Cinnamon Rolls has me thinking that THIS might be the year to change things a bit! :D

DizHawk
12-05-2007, 05:28 PM
This may sound odd to some people, but we have small individual red velvet cakes with green frosting on them. We started this a couple of years ago with our (then) 2yo and 3yo kids.

Why cake? Because it's Jesus' birthday!

OK, so it's not the actual day Jesus was born, but that's how we celebrate it.

julyjewel
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Our tradition comes from my husband's family...pepperoni & eggs.

Lizzy
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I turn into a real chef on Christmas morning. Most say I overdo it but everyone always enjoys it:

Eggs- cooked to order (this is usually what's ordered every year: over easy, over medium, scrambled with or without cheese and ham)

Breakfast potatoes-boil potatoes, cube them then fry them in buttter with orange season salt

Bacon-both crispy and chewy

Toast

Pancakes- small flat jacks and my specialty, fat jacks (as big as the pan and really fat)

Sausage

Buscuits and gravey

and pretty much anything else anyone wants. I am usually exhausted by the time I am done cooking but I love to watch everyone get fat! :blush:

Tink&Goofy
12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
We'll have cranberry bread and cinnamon rolls.:santa3::tree:

Ooo! Cranberry bread sounds yummy! Do you have a recipe??

I make an egg casserole with english muffins, eggs, sausage & cheese, along with cinnamon rolls. Its easy because you put it together the night before, and then just bake it in the morning. I start it when we first get up, and it bakes while we see what Santa left. We stop for breakfast, then open gifts. My mom has made this for Easter brunch for years. I started making it about 10 years ago - and now my oldest DD demands that we stick to tradition!!

pink
12-05-2007, 08:20 PM
We always have scrambeled eggs, toast and sausage. Can't wait! :mickey:

NotaGeek
12-05-2007, 09:26 PM
As is the same with LOTS of Hispanic families in the USA ... breakfast on Christmas morning is late (thanks to Midnight Mass) .... and it's homemade tamales for my family! YUMMY!

This is the first year in history that I will be alone on Christmas as my family is deserting me and going to New Mexico to hang with the rest of the crazy Mexicans I am related to, and I only have Christmas Day off, so I am gonna be stuck in Phoenix. Not to fear, I have already gone to my parents and stolen 2 dozen tamales and have them in my freezer for my Christmas eve/day feast!

merlinmagic4
12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I was thinking I should lie and come up with some great, homecooked breakfast because we eat....... PILLSBURY CINNAMON ROLLS!!! I find it really funny that so many people eat them!!!

P.S I really wouldn't lie.......just kidding :blush::secret:

RenDuran
12-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Until very recently we always went to my mother-in-laws on Xmas morning where we had oyster stew! I could never bring myself to eat that!

Now with two little ones I've finally convinced my husband to stay home for the morning and save going to his moms later. Now we have cinnamon rolls for breakfast....so much better!

AbeeNormal
12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Cinnamon Rolls for my DS's & Ina Garten's coffee cake for the adults with awesome Hot Cocoa, coffee and a selection of Christmas tea's - I can't wait !!!!!:candy:

Merry Christmas everyone :sleigh:

cal5755
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
My mom, DH and I all work the morning shift on Christmas. So the family tradition is to have my dad bring the kids to the restaurant for breakfast. Then they get to go home and get into their stockings til we get off work. My DD8 usually stays at work with us and helps deliver orange juice and wipe down tables and sings christmas carols to the truck drivers that wander in. We pop dinner in the oven as soon as we get home and open gifts as dinner is cooking.

Momof2boys
12-06-2007, 10:50 AM

We have the same thing too ! We really enjoy them but only seem to have them on Christmas & Easter morning.

ChipDale2708
12-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I may just have to make some of these cinnamon rolls - they sounds delicious! We usually have toast and juice while opening our stockings, but by 10am we've dug into the tray of cookies and of course home made fudge!! YUMMY!!!

Tiggerlovr9000
12-06-2007, 03:00 PM
We always have scrambled eggs with ham,cheese,salsa and toast with Krispy Kreme donuts. Add coffee and ice tea.:blush:We have ice tea with every meal all year round.

dolphinmickey9170
12-06-2007, 07:20 PM
This is just way too funny. I would never have thought everyone was eating cinn rolls on the same day.

We do:

Grand's Cinnamon Rolls with extra icing (have to make this from scratch)

Scrambled eggs, cooked low and slow for light, fluffy yumminess with butter, salt and pepper

Bacon - both chewy and crispy

Fried potatoes - peel, cube, and wash; bacon grease in pan, add potatoes, onions, garlic salt, and paprika. Fry until brown and crispy.

Clementines - I then put the peelings in a pot of water on the stove. Makes a wonderful scent throughout the house.

Coffee, Hot Cocoa, Orange Juice and Milk

BelleCiavo
12-06-2007, 10:13 PM
We have the Crystal Palace's Breakfast Lasagna and Frunch. Yummy. :eat:

jennbunn
12-07-2007, 12:36 AM
dh and i have Biscuits and gravy and sausage. my ds will have waffles. we also have lot's of cookies,o.j,milk,and coffee.

AbeeNormal
12-09-2007, 03:51 PM
I turn into a real chef on Christmas morning. Most say I overdo it but everyone always enjoys it:

Eggs- cooked to order (this is usually what's ordered every year: over easy, over medium, scrambled with or without cheese and ham)

Breakfast potatoes-boil potatoes, cube them then fry them in buttter with orange season salt

Bacon-both crispy and chewy

Toast

Pancakes- small flat jacks and my specialty, fat jacks (as big as the pan and really fat)

Sausage

Buscuits and gravey

and pretty much anything else anyone wants. I am usually exhausted by the time I am done cooking but I love to watch everyone get fat! :blush:

Ok I've changed my mind we're having breakfast at Lizzie's this year ;)

princessjojo
12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Dang, I'm not as inept as I thought. We always do the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls at our house, though DH hates them. His mom always cooked breakfast like it was Christ's last supper on Christmas morning and thinks he should get some variation of that from me...:funny:

When I originally read the op's title, I initially thought, all of these people who get up and prepare this grand feast for their family, and here I am preparing my coffee the night before and tossing cinn. rolls into the oven in the morning. What kind of mother am I not to make pancakes, bacon, toast, juice, eggs, the works. Evidently, I'm pretty normal and that's good to hear.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

mrsHerbie53
12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I too want to introduce myself to Lizzy and invite myself down for breakfast on Christmas. No gifts needed, breakfast sounds fine enough!! :thumbsup:

We usually have either sticky buns or pancakes or scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I may decide to do cinnamon rolls in honor of all of you. :D

Thanks for the great thread -- it really made me chuckle. Especially the parts that remind me that so many of us do things for our family or spouse's family that we'd rather not. ;)

Crystal Palace
12-10-2007, 10:11 AM
LOL usually candy from my stocking!:blush:

thrillme
12-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Normally we don't have anything because we have to hit several different houses starting at 10:00 am.. But the end of the day...I'm dying.

SgtTigger
12-10-2007, 06:57 PM
We usually have either sticky buns or pancakes or scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I may decide to do cinnamon rolls in honor of all of you. :D

Why thank you...... We can all enjoy Cinnamon Rolls..... :tasty:

LOL usually candy from my stocking!:blush:

I cannot believe that we went this far before someone said this.....

Crystal Palace
12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Why thank you...... We can all enjoy Cinnamon Rolls..... :tasty:

I cannot believe that we went this far before someone said this.....

I know! LOL, am I the only one that does this?? Hehe I feel embarressed now.

poohluva
12-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls here too!!
:cloud9:

TheDuckRocks
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
For years I always did Christmas morning brunch. The menu was Dottie's eggs (eggs, cheddar cheese, diced Oretaga chilies, creamed corn and a dash of Worstershire sauce baked while everyones opening presents), sausage cooked with apples and onions, a green salad, and a pull-apart sticky bread ring made with refrigerated rolls.:eat:
We now go to our daughter's house to see what the grandkids got from Santa.:santa2: And if she knows what good for her she dang well better be following tradition or she'll have a riot on her hands.:elf: I can't tell you how many times I tried to change the menu, but word would leak out and I had many unhappy, whining people on my hands. Well, it being the holiday season and all I always gave in.:D
Why, oh why wasn't I smart enough to go the Pillsbury Cinnamon roll route.

magicofdisney
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
I can't believe the number of ppl that do cinnamon rolls. We do cinnamon rolls on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. I won't buy them any other time of year so that we can enjoy and look forward to them. I guess we're not as original as I thought. ;) (I have to admit my favorite is the rolls with orange glaze, but the rest of the family eats cinnamon)

PETE FROM NYC
12-14-2007, 05:52 PM
We are an Italian Household.
Christams Eve,after dinner,we make home made Sicilian Pizza,loaded with mozzarella and locatelli cheeses,sausage,meatball and anchovy,and have the leftover pizza for breakfast.
Same goes for New Years eve and New Years day.
Thats my family tradition.
I wish I could have the cinnamon rolls ,but I am a diabetic.
What is monkey bread?