PDA

View Full Version : Need Buffet Suggestion

mulderxcoltrane
12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Ok - so I'm ready for your advice.......

I'm looking to make an ADR for a buffet on the day we check out. We are staying at ASSports and will be pciked up by ME around 2:30pm (I assume).
We would like to do one final buffet meal either for breakfast or lunch (preferrably lunch if time allows). So - where could we eat that woudl allow us to be back at our resort in plenty of time for our ME pickup?

If it helps - we will already have eaten at Chef MIckey's, O'Hana, & Crystal Palace.
We will have 2 adults and a 2-year old...all semi-picky eaters.

Jared
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
If you have a car, I strongly recommend driving to Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast at Boma. It's my favorite buffet, and the only table service meal breakfast I'd consider having during a Disney vacation.

Without your own transportation, it might be easier to have a buffet meal at one of the parks. Tusker House Restaurant offers a brand new buffet meal I've never tried, but you can read the initial reviews on the boards.

Good luck!

:tasty:

WishingStar2006
12-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I was going to suggest Crysatl Palace but you've already been there.

Then I was going to suggest BOMA but someone already said that and you indicated that you're picky eaters so BOMA might not fill the bill.

Have you tried 1900 Park Fare at the GF? I don't think they do lunch, just breakfast...but it's very nice and they do cook to order omlets which is nice!

Then there is always the breakfast skillet at Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge...that's a lot of fun and pretty good food too!

Enjoy, whatever you choose.

mook3y
12-04-2007, 05:54 PM
from AS you are close to AK. Boma is excellent. Definately where I would pick if i wanted breakfast close to my resort to make sure i wasnt stressing coming back in time for ME.

baby minnie's mommy
12-04-2007, 05:55 PM
First of all, I don't know the bus route so don't know what will be time efficient. However, here are a couple suggestions. :D

Hollywood & Vine @ MGM
Our 2-yr-old LOVED the character lunch here! Seating is a bit snug, but the buffet was good and the character interaction good, too.

Boma at AK Lodge
You'd get to see the resort decorations and animals (Note: can't see animals from restauarant). They have a great "American" lunch selection for kids (adults can eat it too :)) - mac/cheese, meatballs, chicken fingers, pasta, etc.

LibertyTreeGal
12-04-2007, 06:48 PM
DME will pick you up roughly three hours before your flight. That being said, know that resort to resort transportation is a real pain. I would favor something in one of the parks or over on the monorai line. You might be able to get away with an early lunch ressie at Biergarten, and might be able to catch the show before you o. In any event, since it is a buffet, you can control when you leave, which makes it a better option than a TS meal.

brogan54
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
would definitly recomend the biergarten. we have done this on our last 3 trips it was great:blush:

Kairi_7378
12-05-2007, 08:35 AM
I would try to go to Boma and then explore the resort for a little while afterwards. 1900 Park Faire would be an eegant meal for the end of the trip. Are you doing a park on your last day, or are you just hanging out at the resort and going to the buffet?

mulderxcoltrane
12-05-2007, 08:52 AM
We were just planning on packing & hanging out other than a buffet.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-05-2007, 09:38 AM
:blush: I haven't been there yet, but the menu for Boma at AKL looks wonderful. Also, the All Star Resorts are closer to Animal Kingdom Park and Resort area than the other parks.

mook3y
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
We were just planning on packing & hanging out other than a buffet.

Then Boma would be great, hang out check out AKL. it is pretty amazing.

You might consider taking a taxi back to ASSports as it will take a lot less time than taking busses from AKL to AK then AK to ASSports. It isn't very far, so wont cost that much and will certainly relieve a lot of stress if you end up waiting at a busstop watching the clock ticking...

mudpuppysmom
12-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Here is another vote for Biergarten......

If you have picky eaters I would maybe stay away from Boma, although they do have some "regular" food on their buffet.

ElenitaB
12-05-2007, 07:33 PM
First of all, there is no lunch buffet available at AKL's Boma. However, their breakfast buffet is quite complete and has ALL the standard offerings and a few not-so-standard offerings. Picky eaters have a wide variety of dishes to chose from. As AKL and AK are both rather close to AS, I would recommend either the character buffet breakfast at AK's Tusker House (if you have park tickets for your last day) or Boma at AKL. You can eat, enjoy the surroundings at your leisure and then head back to AS for your DME pick-up. I second the idea of taking a taxi back if you do chose AKL.

If you do decide on having lunch somewhere, I'd recommend Tusker House's lunch buffet. Again, lots of choices for adventurous and picky eaters, and when you do have to leave, you're much closer to your resort.

mulderxcoltrane
12-05-2007, 07:37 PM
We will have a 2-year old with us; do the taxis have car seats?

brownie
12-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Goofy's Beach Bash Character Breakfast at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club would be an option. You could take a bus to Epcot or Downtown Disney then transfer to another bus to the Beach Club (same could be done for the other resorts.)

mook3y
12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
We will have a 2-year old with us; do the taxis have car seats?

No, they do not. Just seatbelts.

Belle_0717
12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I would try MGM for the Playhouse Disney breakfast - get the 8am seating and you should be good to go.

You have plenty of time - Chef Mickey's is great too. DH and I are trying GF's 1900 Park and Boma this trip.

Enjoy!

ibrowse17
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I would suggest Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness, Chef Mickey's at the Cont, or Germany's Biergarten at Epcot. Would be hard to go wrong with any of those:thumbsup:

Crow
12-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Trails End is the best value i think for lunch

DREAMADREAM93
12-07-2007, 11:05 PM
In my opinion Hollywood&Vine is the only way to go.
Great charachter interaction.
Great food.
Great service.
It's an overall GREAT experience for everyone.

azdisneymom
12-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Another vote for BOMA. Besides good food and nicely themed atmosphere you can eat a bit earlier than lunch. I would get ADRs for 10:30. You can sleep in, pack and then head over to AKL. You will have enough time to eat and make it back in time for ME pick up without feeling rushed. I was told to allow 45-60 minutes travel time to get from one place at WDW to another, plus a bit of time to retrieve luggage stored after you checked out of your room. We almost missed our ME because we neglected to allow for time to get our luggage.

3Cabsfan
12-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Trail's End is one of the best that is always overlooked. That or Biergarten.

RocknRoller94
12-11-2007, 10:12 PM
For Breakfast, I would recommend Chef Mickey's. For lunch, 1900 Park Fair.