PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay for romantic getaway

mom2melanieakacinderella
12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi I want to surprise my sweetie with a long weekend in disney what is the best resorts for a goodtime on a moderate budget.

Tigger&Stitch
12-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I haven't stayed there myself, but I undestand the Port Orleans-Riverside is a very romantic resort and won't break the budget!

I personally love the Wilderness Lodge, but it is a "Deluxe" resort, and depending on what time of year you are going, it could be quite expensive.

Kairi_7378
12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
French Quarter and Riverside are both romantic. I liked the urban setting of FQ and DH loved the landscaping at RS. Can't go wrong either way.

TheRustyScupper
12-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Port Orleans French Quarter
. . . smallest resort at WDW
. . . very quaint
. . . quiet (usually)
. . . hot tub
. . . carriage rides
. . . boat to Downtown Disney
. . . nice food court
. . . beignets at the food court bakery (yummy)
. . . walking distance to Port Orleans Riverside
. . . nice, friendly bar at the pool

NOTE: This is our favorite Moderate.

Lessie
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I think Port Orleans French Quarter would be my first choice as well. The smaller size, nice atmosphere, and boat to DTD add a little something extra that the other moderates don't really offer. But I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the moderates! DH and I have stayed at all of them and always had a very nice time. Have fun!

LibertyTreeGal
12-04-2007, 08:23 PM
I'd try to go to the afternoon tea at the grand floridian for a truly romantic experience :cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
We stayed at POR for our honeymoon, and it was quite romantic. The winding paths, dense vegetation made it seem very quiet. They also have carriage rides, which we didn't try, but could also be quite romantic.

JerseyMouse
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Either of the PO resorts would be your best choice, IMHO!! I'm certainly not alone in that feeling!!

Disnamic Duo
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
My wife and I have stayed at POR and CS in the moderate category, and we preferred CS for the beautiful, romantics walks at night. CS at night (especially) is a beautiful place.

baby minnie's mommy
12-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Have stayed at both POR and POFQ and would agree both are very nice! You can ride the boat from both of those to DTD - that can be romantic. :mickey:

If your budget is open to more $$, WL is one of the less expensive deluxes. It's very beautiful, too, especially back in the courtyard by the waterfalls.

mudpuppysmom
12-07-2007, 09:19 AM
When I saw your post title I immediately thought WL, but when you said a mod, I thought POFQ.

I have not stayed at WL, but I've spent a little time there hanging out and it is really a lovely place.

We have stayed at FQ and each morning when I went to the food court to grab breakfast it just really was relaxing to walk on the "streets" and look at some of the courtyards. We were there at the end of September beginning of October and it was pretty quiet -- the only place I would say was crowded was the food court!! I really never saw anyone near any of the courtyards and fountains. We went to the pool one morning late and no one was there. We walked along the river several times and again it was relaxing..........yeah, the word relax coming from a major stressball person!!! I also found AKL really relaxing, but it had more hustle bustle going on (still I loved it!!). If you could swing it there, I'd also recommend AKL.

garymacd
12-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Another vote for POFQ. You can't go wrong with this resort. It is quaint and has the romantic appeal of New Orleans.

Since the resort is so small, you also don't have far to go for food to keep your strength up.....:thedolls::blush:

There are a few rooms with king beds available. Make certain you request one of those. All other rooms have two double beds.